Star Trek: Beyond -- 2nd Trailer

Principled Man

"THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!!"

Hey KenJennings, you're the Trek guru.

Please answer this if you can:

Is it ever explained why/how Chekhov and Khan know each other (in Star Trek 2) even though Pavel isn't seen in that Space Seed episode?

They met off camera...?

• Like 1

Good grief they destroyed the Enterprise already? The real Kirk was an admiral before his ship was destroyed. I have bad feeling about this feldercarb.

I'm not so sure that the Enterprised was destroyed. I could be wrong, but in the last two seconds of the trailer, it looks like the Enterprise (a very beat up Enterprise) is blasting off from the surface.

It's gonna be action-packed, that's for sure!!

That ship blasting off from the surface is supposedly a very old ship (in the timeline), and is modeled very much like the NX Class. From what I've read.

Is it ever explained why/how Chekhov and Khan know each other (in Star Trek 2) even though Pavel isn't seen in that Space Seed episode?

They met off camera...?

That's pretty much the retconned explanation.

Anyway, I have been a Trek fan since I was 2 years old. I have found value in all Trek, even Voyager (ugh). But I have no interest in seeing emo-Kirk again, nor his ridiculous Apple Store Glass Bridge version of the 1701. This movie, frankly, looks like it sucks.

And what is the deal with the out of universe aliens? The striped face chick, and the Jem-Hadar/Kaizon looking bad guy this time out. WTF? Or the Klingons with the different ridges? Makes no sense to me, even if Fed history changed as part of the timeline split.

Where the hell is Q? Or a Q? That would be a great plot device. Have John Delancie show up and blend elements of the timelines or something... just to show a little continuity with what came before in the Prime Universe.

Imagine Q walking around saying stuff like "I really hate what you did with the place", referring to the timeline. LOL.

EDIT: OR... OR.. Q shows up in the new show, the Prime Enterprise B timeline and tells the crew... "I just got back from your timeline split. You think you have problems? You should see the mess THAT Kirk left" ..

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

They met off camera...?

When Khan was plotting to take over the Enterprise, he had the computer give him the ship's list of all officers (and their pictures).

Although Chekov was not on board (he was on vacation), Khan still associated him with the rest of the crew.......

;) ;)

Another thought..... where exactly does the fracking Mirror Universe fit in with all of this timeline split feldercarb?

They met off camera...?

When Khan was plotting to take over the Enterprise, he had the computer give him the ship's list of all officers (and their pictures).

Although Chekov was not on board (he was on vacation), Khan still associated him with the rest of the crew.......

;) ;)

Was that it? OK, maybe I read the wrong thing.... or don't remember correctly.

Anyway, I have been a Trek fan since I was 2 years old. I have found value in all Trek, even Voyager (ugh). But I have no interest in seeing emo-Kirk again, nor his ridiculous Apple Store Glass Bridge version of the 1701. This movie, frankly, looks like it sucks.

And what is the deal with the out of universe aliens? The striped face chick, and the Jem-Hadar/Kaizon looking bad guy this time out. WTF? Or the Klingons with the different ridges? Makes no sense to me, even if Fed history changed as part of the timeline split.

Where the hell is Q? Or a Q? That would be a great plot device. Have John Delancie show up and blend elements of the timelines or something... just to show a little continuity with what came before in the Prime Universe.

Imagine Q walking around saying stuff like "I really hate what you did with the place", referring to the timeline. LOL.

EDIT: OR... OR.. Q shows up in the new show, the Prime Enterprise B timeline and tells the crew... "I just got back from your timeline split. You think you have problems? You should see the mess THAT Kirk left" ..

They did a comic book series like that. I haven't read it yet, but the jist is that Q brings Picard-prime to see the JJverse

• Like 1

Another thought..... where exactly does the fracking Mirror Universe fit in with all of this timeline split feldercarb?

The JJ-verse would be the a third sustained parallel timeline.

The mirror universe's origins were never really expounded upon, but if the mirror universe never had spock create a black hole, and go back in time, there would be no mirror JJ verse. There would be the Prime universe, the mirror universe, and the JJ verse.

• Like 1

They met off camera...?

Hmm...I assumed it was anally explained somewhere. Guess not.

I've been reading a few Star Trek Movies: 12 Worst to First lists. Insurrection gets bagged on a lot yet it is the type of movie Trek fans are asking for.

I've been reading a few Star Trek Movies: 12 Worst to First lists. Insurrection gets bagged on a lot yet it is the type of movie Trek fans are asking for.

Yeah that's BS. People are very unfair to Insurrection. Its a fantasic Trek movie- easily the 2nd best with the TNG crew.

• Like 1

Yeah that's BS. People are very unfair to Insurrection. Its a fantasic Trek movie- easily the 2nd best with the TNG crew.

When I'm in the mood for a TNG film I reach for First Contact, on occasion Insurrection. I never reach for Generations or Nemesis. It does have a Two Hour Episode feel at times, which can be complimentary of the TV series and due to the film's smaller scope.

II: The Wrath of Khan

First Contact

IV: The Voyage Home

VI: The Undiscovered Country

III: The Search for Spock

Insurrection

Star Trek 2009

The Motionless Picture

Generations

V: The Final Frontier

Into Darkness

Nemesis

• Like 2

I'm a huge Star Trek fan... and I'm just not excited about this.

I an super pumped for CBS' new TV revival coming this winter, I see that as true hope for the franchise... but the abandonment of quintessential "Trek" that this series has delivered is truly disheartening.

I'm happy to see see Trek getting attention, and I hope when I go see it, I'm pleasantly surprised. But my expectations are very low.

That all being said, I AM excited for Independence Day.

KenJennings, no more Mr. Worf from Fistful of Datas for an avatar??

yeah... I dunno.

When I'm in the mood for a TNG film I reach for First Contact, on occasion Insurrection. I never reach for Generations or Nemesis. It does have a Two Hour Episode feel at times, which can be complimentary of the TV series and due to the film's smaller scope.

Agreed although I have fond feelings for Generations, as flawed as it is: Just having Kirk and Picard together, fighting for a noble cause, makes me happy.

I'm going in with low expectations for STB. I can't get too pumped up for it, but it might surprise me. Edited by MusicHead
  • Like 1

I'm going in with low expectations for STB. I can't get too pumped up for it, but it might surprise me.

That's best.

I'm thinking this might be the first Trek flick I'll skip in the cinema. Seems wrong but yeah i really disliked the last one with Benedict Khan. At least with the past Trek flicks I really disliked [parts V, VII, and IX], they still felt like Trek films...and that goes a long way.

• Like 1

From what I can glean from the trailer, JJ and his people are going to use Star Trek the original series' material from the episode Arena. In this one, Kirk duels the Gorn. Idris Elba's character is reminiscent of that big, green scaly dude.

Plus I got a bit of a Borg vibe when I saw the Enterprise attacked by the little silver thingies.

I really enjoyed Star Trek 2009. Okay story, great casting. I think J.J. Abrams got a lot of it right.

Star Trek Into Darkness is absolute crap. A film that proves J.J. Abrams is a hack.

Star Trek Beyond hopefully will be a rebound. I'm not hating what I've seen so far.

I think I must be the only one who actually liked Star Trek Into Darkness.

*braces for a :bitchslap: *

It wasn't terrible, but Khan should have been someone else and they should have never ever tried to do the rip off swaperoo of Wrath of Khan at the end. When Spock says "KHAAAANNNN!!!" you could almost see the space shark jumping!

I wish Montalban Khan had been around to activate the Genesis device on that entire set.

http://daisydownunder.com/images/ST-movie18.jpg

I WILL LEAVE YOU... AS YOU LEFT ME..

AS YOU LEFT HER...

BURIED ALIVE....

BURIED ALIVE....

:LOL:

Yeah baby!

But you forgot the bit "marooned for all eternity inside a dead planet..."

:LOL:

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/star-trek-ii-the-wrath-of-khan-kirk-yells-khans-name.jpg

Hey for off the top of my head I thought that was pretty good! :)

• Like 1