Star Trek: Beyond -- 2nd Trailer

Principled Man

Good grief they destroyed the Enterprise already? The real Kirk was an admiral before his ship was destroyed. I have bad feeling about this feldercarb.
  • Like 1

Good grief they destroyed the Enterprise already? The real Kirk was an admiral before his ship was destroyed. I have bad feeling about this feldercarb.

I'm not so sure that the Enterprised was destroyed. I could be wrong, but in the last two seconds of the trailer, it looks like the Enterprise (a very beat up Enterprise) is blasting off from the surface.

It's gonna be action-packed, that's for sure!!

Edited by Principled Man

I'm not so sure that the Enterprised was destroyed. I could be wrong, but in the last two seconds of the trailer, it looks like the Enterprise (a very beat up Enterprise) is blasting off from the surface.

The last two films didn't lack action but they lacked something.

Shatnerian pauses in the dialogue.....?? :P

Shatnerian pauses in the dialogue.....?? :P

Yes that too.

I'm a huge Star Trek fan... and I'm just not excited about this.

I an super pumped for CBS' new TV revival coming this winter, I see that as true hope for the franchise... but the abandonment of quintessential "Trek" that this series has delivered is truly disheartening.

I'm happy to see see Trek getting attention, and I hope when I go see it, I'm pleasantly surprised. But my expectations are very low.

That all being said, I AM excited for Independence Day.

• Like 2

I an super pumped for CBS' new TV revival coming this winter, I see that as true hope for the franchise...

TV series is the proper format for telling Trek stories. I'd rather have epic two part episodes that stay true to the franchise than big budget theater films.

I an super pumped for CBS' new TV revival coming this winter, I see that as true hope for the franchise...

TV series is the proper format for telling Trek stories. I'd rather have epic two part episodes that stay true to the franchise than big budget theater films.

Trouble is, who is going to have access to the new TV show? It's not on any of their TV or cable channels, it's on cbs' new streaming service, for which they have been slow to release total subscriber numbers. Wonder why

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

I don't know aboot trouble launching the streaming service. I just know episode one airs on CBS then the rest streaming. CBS knows the audience will sign up.

I really enjoyed Star Trek 2009. Okay story, great casting. I think J.J. Abrams got a lot of it right.

Star Trek Into Darkness is absolute crap. A film that proves J.J. Abrams is a hack.

Star Trek Beyond hopefully will be a rebound. I'm not hating what I've seen so far.

I really enjoyed Star Trek 2009. Okay story, great casting. I think J.J. Abrams got a lot of it right.

Star Trek Into Darkness is absolute crap. A film that proves J.J. Abrams is a hack.

Star Trek Beyond hopefully will be a rebound. I'm not hating what I've seen so far.

I think I must be the only one who actually liked Star Trek Into Darkness.

*braces for a :bitchslap: *

• Like 1

100,000,000 x better than that Beastie Boys shit trailer before!

This is gonna' be GREAT!

Also, are those Jem H'dar??

It wasn't terrible, but Khan should have been someone else and they should have never ever tried to do the rip off swaperoo of Wrath of Khan at the end. When Spock says "KHAAAANNNN!!!" you could almost see the space shark jumping!

• Like 1

I an super pumped for CBS' new TV revival coming this winter, I see that as true hope for the franchise... but the abandonment of quintessential "Trek" that this series has delivered is truly disheartening.

I'm happy to see see Trek getting attention, and I hope when I go see it, I'm pleasantly surprised. But my expectations are very low.

That all being said, I AM excited for Independence Day.

KenJennings, no more Mr. Worf from Fistful of Datas for an avatar??

It wasn't terrible, but Khan should have been someone else and they should have never ever tried to do the rip off swaperoo of Wrath of Khan at the end. When Spock says "KHAAAANNNN!!!" you could almost see the space shark jumping!

It was horrible. The worst thing was using Kahn's blood as a cure all. Kahn served no purpose. They could have told a similar and more plausible story with the Gary Mitchell character. Also, Cumberbatch was miscast. He, in no way, captured the spirit of Montalban's Kahn. Horrible. It's a hack movie.

100,000,000 x better than that Beastie Boys shit trailer before!

This is gonna' be GREAT!

Also, are those Jem H'dar??

Nope......no Jem H'dar. Whatever the species is, it was a bit of an oversight by the producers to make them look almost exactly like the Jem H'dar. Trek fans will be asking many questions about them.

TV series is the proper format for telling Trek stories.

I don't necessarily agree with this. I thought Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, and First Contact were really good. A good Trek story isn't limited to the tv show format. Those 3 proved that IMHO.

I'd rate the other 7 somewhere between shitty and ok.

The two reboot movies...the first one was entertaining enough but it didn't feel like Trek. I give it a pass. The second one just seemed lazy. And the whole Khan debacle pissed me off. I'd even say that Trek fan film with Adonis was MUCH better than THAT...and the budget of that fan film was probably something like ten bucks.

• Like 1

I wish Montalban Khan had been around to activate the Genesis device on that entire set.

http://daisydownunder.com/images/ST-movie18.jpg

• Like 2

I wish Montalban Khan had been around to activate the Genesis device on that entire set.

I WILL LEAVE YOU... AS YOU LEFT ME..

AS YOU LEFT HER...

BURIED ALIVE....

BURIED ALIVE....

• Like 1

I WILL LEAVE YOU... AS YOU LEFT ME..

AS YOU LEFT HER...

BURIED ALIVE....

BURIED ALIVE....

:LOL:

Yeah baby!

But you forgot the bit "marooned for all eternity inside a dead planet..."

:LOL:

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/star-trek-ii-the-wrath-of-khan-kirk-yells-khans-name.jpg

• Like 1

"THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!!"

Hey KenJennings, you're the Trek guru.

Please answer this if you can:

Is it ever explained why/how Chekhov and Khan know each other (in Star Trek 2) even though Pavel isn't seen in that Space Seed episode?

• Like 1