$35,000.00 bottle of Macallan

Mr. JD

Where's Mr Barnum when you need him? I'd be willing to bet the cost of a bottle, that if you assembled some non-Macallan single malt scotch drinkers and did a blind taste test, the people who correctly chose the really old stuff vs newer, would be about the same % as pure chance.
  • Like 1

Macallan released 400 bottles of 65 year old Scotch whiskey at $35,000.00 a bottle. Neil will have to have some of that!

This Scotch won't be available at East Village Lounge: Cigars and Jazz.

• Like 3

For that price, you better see God after drinking it, or be imbued with some special powers at that price.

Probably tastes like piss.

I was thinking varnish, but yeah.

Rich people like to indulge in old or gross food/beverage just for the sake of rarity or indulgence. They're too elitist to admit it's crap.

• Like 1

I don't doubt it probably tastes great, is probably very smooth but $35K good??? It's like some cigars in my humidor at $14 and above a cigar better knock my socks off, leave a strong positive impression not well it's okay.

At $35K it better be served to me by Neil Peart and he better sit with me like a long awaited friend.

• Like 1

Neil will stick with the $70 variety.

He is wayyyyy to intelligent to spend that kind of money on a bottle.

Plus I think we would have heard about a booze collection before....never mentioned in any of his books

Plus he's not that pompus of an ass.

Now me on the other hand....................

For the record, If I win the Powerball tonight,((5-21-2016) I will buy everyone who LIKES this post a bottle ....

• Like 5

Plus I think we would have heard about a booze collection before....never mentioned in any of his books

For the record, If I win the Powerball tonight,((5-21-2016) I will buy everyone who LIKES this post a bottle ....

So you must be a personal friend of his to know how intelligent he is. I don't know him personally, but I do know he's not intelligent enough to not include condescension and put downs for some of the less fortunate people when he writes his books.

• Like 5

Let's see...$35,000 for a bottle of scotch, or give some kid a scholarship? Boy...tough call. Edited by goose
  • Like 3

So you must be a personal friend of his to know how intelligent he is. I don't know him personally, but I do know he's not intelligent enough to not include condescension and put downs for some of the less fortunate people when he writes his books.

No, not a personal friend.

Uh....I'm a Rush fan and I complimented him for NOT being an ass.

Now YOU on the other hand are NOT intelligent enough to interpret my description

nor are you smart enough to qualify for a free $35,000 bottle of booze.

But thanks for playing

I did not win the Powerball so we are all stuck drinking Tombstone Mountain's Natty Light...

• Like 3

Makes me think of the show Mega Decks... people spending $750K on a deck

A deck, as in, extending from the house? That's the price of an entire house or three (depending where you are). Egads.

• Like 1

Makes me think of the show Mega Decks... people spending $750K on a deck

A deck, as in, extending from the house? That's the price of an entire house or three (depending where you are). Egads.

Knew an overly proud geezer a decade back that was eager to boast of spending something like ¥10,000,000 ((maybe about $100,000?)) on the front fence/gate to his house. He said the size of the wall shows how great one's family is.

Stupid little man.