The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

My intro to this beautiful and good looking (cute!) came when I was 17-18 years old in HS in Texas. I was very struck of sweet Alex and Geddy's relationship with each other and Neil. The music is outstanding!!! I cant put into words what they do to me whenever I hear them. I never got the chance to see them live in my hometown but at least I got Youtube to see it!! Geddy's voice is so breathtaking soft and beautiful-I could get lost with his vocals in the 80s...all those harmonies and backing!! Alex's guitar solos fill me with such joy that I am still hook up on them solos both live and original. And Neil..sweet Neil. The ways he writes the lyrics and he bring them to life and how he feels and thinking about. I loved the way that they all bring to life everything in the form of live concerts and I am blessed to hear them...For those of you guys who dont remember me, I was RushFlyer2112 and now, I am back among you guys!! So hi once again!! I missed you all so much
  • Like 2

My intro to this beautiful and good looking (cute!) came when I was 17-18 years old in HS in Texas. I was very struck of sweet Alex and Geddy's relationship with each other and Neil. The music is outstanding!!! I cant put into words what they do to me whenever I hear them. I never got the chance to see them live in my hometown but at least I got Youtube to see it!! Geddy's voice is so breathtaking soft and beautiful-I could get lost with his vocals in the 80s...all those harmonies and backing!! Alex's guitar solos fill me with such joy that I am still hook up on them solos both live and original. And Neil..sweet Neil. The ways he writes the lyrics and he bring them to life and how he feels and thinking about. I loved the way that they all bring to life everything in the form of live concerts and I am blessed to hear them...For those of you guys who dont remember me, I was RushFlyer2112 and now, I am back among you guys!! So hi once again!! I missed you all so much

Of course I remember you! :hi: I remember you very well. :)

Where have you been and how are you doing? :hug2:

• Like 1

Been dreaming!! lol Of Geddy lol!!! Life as ever. When I tried to get back into my old account, i forgotten my pw really!! I miss you all so very much..and was wondering if you all was thinking of me still!

• Like 1

Been dreaming!! lol Of Geddy lol!!! Life as ever. When I tried to get back into my old account, i forgotten my pw really!! I miss you all so very much..and was wondering if you all was thinking of me still!

I saw a post you made the other day on another thread and wondered whatever happened to you.

I saw a post you made the other day on another thread and wondered whatever happened to you.

Awwwwwww...yeah...ha!! Glad ya miss me.

• Like 1

I have and always will love the official video for Xanadu. And I want the boots that Geddy wears in this video! :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEuOoMprDqg

Yeah, I like to play this one! :wub: :wub: :wub: Such a good song and fun to watch the guys as they play it. Thanks for posting it!

• Like 1

I feel like I'm the only one who likes and understands the heavy metaphorical Fountain Of Lamneth. Panacea is my favorite part of the suite. And Neil's drumming (and drum sound) on it is really good especially on Bacchus Plateau. I get why it was looked back at as 'too far out there' by the band but I like it. Listened to it twice in the last day
  • Like 1

I feel like I'm the only one who likes and understands the heavy metaphorical Fountain Of Lamneth. Panacea is my favorite part of the suite. And Neil's drumming (and drum sound) on it is really good especially on Bacchus Plateau. I get why it was looked back at as 'too far out there' by the band but I like it. Listened to it twice in the last day

Just goes to show that feelings are never facts. You may "feel" like you are the only one, but you are not!

I love Panacea. The first time I ever heard it, I thought it was absolutely beautiful. And I like the Fountain of Lamneth very much as well.

I may go listen to it right now. Thanks for bringing it up!

And remember - feelings aren't facts! :) :cheers:

• Like 1

I'm blowing the dust off of this thread to annoy Earl (only teasing, Earl :hug2: ) and gush over Rush In Rio and to thank, once again, all those who recommended the dvd to me in my very first thread when I signed up here all those years ago.

It's still one of my top favorite live albums.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Anyway, I really love Rush In Rio. Among other reasons, it does remind me of when I first came here. It was so wonderful discovering so much Rush music. In those days I didn't have high speed. I actually had dial-up up until about two years ago. Geddy'sMullet was so kind to me - giving me snippets of videos piece by piece until I could watch the entire thing because the dial-up would only download 9 seconds of a video every minute. I will leave it to the reader to figure out how long it took for me to download a song I wanted to hear.

Those were fun days here on the forum.

That echo I hear is only myself talking. :)

• Like 4

Anyway, I really love Rush In Rio. Among other reasons, it does remind me of when I first came here. It was so wonderful discovering so much Rush music. In those days I didn't have high speed. I actually had dial-up up until about two years ago. Geddy'sMullet was so kind to me - giving me snippets of videos piece by piece until I could watch the entire thing because the dial-up would only download 9 seconds of a video every minute. I will leave it to the reader to figure out how long it took for me to download a song I wanted to hear.

Those were fun days here on the forum.

That echo I hear is only myself talking. :)

I'm glad you bumped the thread! I'll have to try to post here more.

• Like 2

I love Rush in Rio, it was one of the first concerts I saw on video. That crowd was so full of energy, singing along to YYZ :dweez:
  • Like 4

I love Rush in Rio, it was one of the first concerts I saw on video. That crowd was so full of energy, singing along to YYZ :dweez:

Me as well. When I first came here, I started a thread asking which cd/dvd I should get. Rush In Rio was suggested over and over. I found one on Amazon for $3.00, and that was back in the day when they only charged $2.99 for s/h and no tax. I got quite the deal.

It's my favorite ever since. In fact, I was going to listen to something from it today because the song keeps going through my head,

• Like 3

The audience is singing along on that too.

Some of Neil's best lyrics and most poignant. It must be about when he met Carrie.

Audiences in South America and Europe always sing along like that. They are a million times more passionate about their music than the bulk of the take it for granted North American audience is.

• Like 3

Some of Neil's best lyrics and most poignant. It must be about when he met Carrie.

Audiences in South America and Europe always sing along like that. They are a million times more passionate about their music than the bulk of the take it for granted North American audience is.

We used to be enthusiastic. I'm sure your mother would have known that too. She was probably around my age.

Somewhere along the line we lost our enthusiasm at concerts.

• Like 2

We used to be enthusiastic. I'm sure your mother would have known that too. She was probably around my age.

Somewhere along the line we lost our enthusiasm at concerts.

Bands just come around too often for too many years now. As opposed to south America where a lot of bands only play festivals there once every few years or in the case of Rush had never been there before. So the enthusiasm is at another level. There's still very enthusiastic crowds for the bands who play smaller and mid sized venues. But for the bigger arena bands not so much anymore. Def Leppard is a great live band but they come around almost every summer for the last 15 years. It's probably hard for even the most diehard fans to keep up the energy when they see them today.

• Like 2