View PostJohnRogers, on 18 May 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

View PostRobK, on 18 May 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

View PostJohnRogers, on 18 May 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostRobK, on 18 May 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 18 May 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Welcome RobK!

Please complete the following quesionnaire:

1.  What is your favorite album?
2.  What is your favorite Rush "era" - the starting out years, the Era of Rush Majesty (2112 to Moving Pictures), the synth years, or the 21st century stuff?
3.  Do you consider Permanent Waves a 70s record or an 80s record (please note there is only one right answer for this one)?
4.  Do you consider yourself a true Rush fan, and why or why not?

1. Presto
2. So tough, the "2112 to Moving Pictures" and the synth years would have to be a dead tie, each for different reasons and moods. NOT a superfan of Test for Echo, Vapor Trails or Snakes & Arrows. Love Clockwork Angels, the writing style harkens back to Moving Pictures IMHO.
3. For me Moving Pictures is the first true album of the 80s.
4. I have all my original vinyl from Presto back to Fly By Night. Somehow over the years I lost the original RUSH album. Recently bought a reprint. I would not be a musician if it weren't for RUSH. My 14yr old son is already a very competent drummer playing RUSH.
You'll do well here. One last question...for now. How many live shows have you attended???

Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Roll the Bones, Counterparts and Clockwork Angels… had a rough decade in there.

TrueRushFan™

You've earned it. If you have not given Vapor Trails Remix a spin please do, I suspect you already have being a TrueRushFan™ and all.

YAY!!!

I do have the remix of VT actually and like it A LOT MORE than the original which was like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I thought the remix version was much more cleaner than the original.

Sponsored Post

#22 RobK

RobK

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:07 PM

View PostBabycat, on 18 May 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

View PostRobK, on 18 May 2016 - 02:21 PM, said:

Welcome RobK!

2.  What is your favorite Rush "era" - the starting out years, the Era of Rush Majesty (2112 to Moving Pictures), the synth years, or the 21st century stuff?
3.  Do you consider Permanent Waves a 70s record or an 80s record (please note there is only one right answer for this one)?

1. Presto
2. So tough, the "2112 to Moving Pictures" and the synth years would have to be a dead tie, each for different reasons and moods. NOT a superfan of Test for Echo, Vapor Trails or Snakes & Arrows. Love Clockwork Angels, the writing style harkens back to Moving Pictures IMHO.
4. I have all my original vinyl from Presto back to Fly By Night. Somehow over the years I lost the original RUSH album. Recently bought a reprint. I would not be a musician if it weren't for RUSH. My 14yr old son is already a very competent drummer playing RUSH.
You'll do well here. One last question...for now. How many live shows have you attended???

Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Roll the Bones, Counterparts and Clockwork Angels… had a rough decade in there.

TrueRushFan™

You've earned it. If you have not given Vapor Trails Remix a spin please do, I suspect you already have being a TrueRushFan™ and all.

YAY!!!

I do have the remix of VT actually and like it A LOT MORE than the original which was like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Unlike a lot of what is called a "Remaster" (which is where they take the original final mix and just reprocess it), VT was remixed from the original basic tracks. It's a COMPLETELY different sounding album now. You're right, "cleaner" is an appropriate word for it. There so much more nuance you can hear than the original compressed-to-$**t release.

Edited by RobK, 18 May 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#23 Verena

Verena

Mood Lifter

• Members *
  • 15609 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

View PostRobK, on 18 May 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

How, in all my years, have I never found my way here before now?

:smash:
How could you??
See??

You were missing us without even knowing our existance. ;)

Welcome here!  :cheers:

#24 Disk98

Disk98

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3908 posts
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

Welcome!  :hi:

#25 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

It took me a long time to come here for the first time. Just didn't occur to me to search for a Rush Forum. Not sure why.  :lol:

#26 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21528 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:59 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 20 May 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

It took me a long time to come here for the first time. Just didn't occur to me to search for a Rush Forum. Not sure why.  :lol:
:lol: Me too. Had I been so savvy as a new member... I would've made a thread!

#27 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 6457 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

I don't support mis-information, I don't think it's funny (jesus what a FLAW!) so I will say, I think you're smart and will figger out pretty quickly that this forum is NOT good at all for 'ALL THINGS RUSH' as told to you by other people.  That being said, Welcome to this board, and all these forums en mass!  ENJOY! Posted Image

#28 Fridge

Fridge

The Freezable Fridge™

• Members *
  • 9840 posts
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

View PostRobK, on 18 May 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

Welcome RobK!

1. Presto

TrueRushFan™

YAY!!!

Unlike a lot of what is called a "Remaster" (which is where they take the original final mix and just reprocess it), VT was remixed from the original basic tracks. It's a COMPLETELY different sounding album now. You're right, "cleaner" is an appropriate word for it. There so much more nuance you can hear than the original compressed-to-$**t release.

However, that still doesn't fix the basic fundamental issue that the individual tracks were recorded too "hot" and were clipping from the outset...the only thing that would rectify that would be for the album in it's entirety to be re-recorded...not sure why this happened to be honest as it's a schoolboy error.

#29 ReGorLaTroy

ReGorLaTroy

Modern Day Alice Cooper

• Members *
  • 12494 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:40 PM

Welcome RobK!

A great group of people here.

I hope you enjoy TRF as much as I have over the years.

Rush on!

#30 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

View PostFridge, on 24 May 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

View PostRobK, on 18 May 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

Welcome RobK!

1. Presto

TrueRushFan™

YAY!!!

However, that still doesn't fix the basic fundamental issue that the individual tracks were recorded too "hot" and were clipping from the outset...the only thing that would rectify that would be for the album in it's entirety to be re-recorded...not sure why this happened to be honest as it's a schoolboy error.

Yeah I never could figure that out either. On an album that was basically a comeback for them, you'd think they would have spent more time on it getting things right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users