Please complete the following quesionnaire:
1. What is your favorite album?
2. What is your favorite Rush "era" - the starting out years, the Era of Rush Majesty (2112 to Moving Pictures), the synth years, or the 21st century stuff?
3. Do you consider Permanent Waves a 70s record or an 80s record (please note there is only one right answer for this one)?
4. Do you consider yourself a true Rush fan, and why or why not?
2. So tough, the "2112 to Moving Pictures" and the synth years would have to be a dead tie, each for different reasons and moods. NOT a superfan of Test for Echo, Vapor Trails or Snakes &amp;amp; Arrows. Love Clockwork Angels, the writing style harkens back to Moving Pictures IMHO.
3. For me Moving Pictures is the first true album of the 80s.
4. I have all my original vinyl from Presto back to Fly By Night. Somehow over the years I lost the original RUSH album. Recently bought a reprint. I would not be a musician if it weren't for RUSH. My 14yr old son is already a very competent drummer playing RUSH.
Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Roll the Bones, Counterparts and Clockwork Angels… had a rough decade in there.
You've earned it. If you have not given Vapor Trails Remix a spin please do, I suspect you already have being a TrueRushFan™ and all.
I do have the remix of VT actually and like it A LOT MORE than the original which was like nails on a chalkboard to me.
I thought the remix version was much more cleaner than the original.