Angie Tribeca

KenJennings

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/54296d59e4b0d373ae318764/561d6d7de4b0e681f0795c6f/561e9ebae4b055d2c120ddfe/1444847291604/AT_b_C3.jpg

Is anyone else watching this show? I find it amazingly funny. I actually have to watch episodes twice to catch the jokes I missed while I was busy laughing.

The dry, rapid fire, absurdist style is an amazing spiritual successor to the likes of Leslie Nielsen's Police Squad/Naked Gun, or the Hot Shots movies. I haven't laughed this much at a TV comedy in a long time.

Kudos to TBS for taking a chance on a show like this!

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 3

Yeah, it's a really funny show. I just wonder if doing the Naked Gun/Airplane style jokes might get old after a few seasons. Steve Carell is one of the co-creators and you can see his sense of humor all over it.

I like how they debuted the show my marathoning it in one day. I also like that we don't have to wait long for the second season which is coming soon. TBS finally got one right with their original sitcoms. For years they've had terrible unfunny shows that never lasted. I think they found something here though.

I liked Rashida Jones a lot in Parks And Recreation and i'm glad to see that she's getting the chance to be the lead character in a sitcom.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I loved the first episode!
  • Like 1

Initially, I was extremely skeptical of this show. But, it won me over. It is a well written show and the cast pulls of the humor effortlessly. Is it great? No. Is it entertaining? Yes. Is that enough to be worthwhile? Yes.

I have seen all of Season 1, it's really good.

Better to not binge watch as the jokes are so rapid fire.

Season 2 is next month

• Like 2

Detective Jay Giles.......That is too good

There's a lot of names like that on the show.

Dr. Scholls, DJ Tanner, Sgrt. Pepper, Fisher Price, Wilson Phillips. Wasn't somebody named Alan Parsons too? :LOL:

• Like 2

Detective Jay Giles.......That is too good

There's a lot of names like that on the show.

Dr. Scholls, DJ Tanner, Sgrt. Pepper, Fisher Price, Wilson Phillips. Wasn't somebody named Alan Parsons too? :LOL:

The mayor was named Joe Perry and someone was Jean Nate like the perfume..LOL

• Like 1

The police detective dog is a hoot. He can drive, and takes his son to Bring Your Child To Work Day. This year, he wears a holster and carries an automatic pistol. :laughing guy:

Saw the first episode the other day & just thought it was a Police Squad knock off.

It is a Police Squad knock off.

That explains it.

I only saw the opening episode and one trailer which included a line that made me laugh. Unfortunately, that was it.