Boston

Sark

I was recently listening to Amanda and I always wondered why they had so many name specific ballads in their music. Were they all old girlfriends of the band members or what? I suppose that would be my guess, but does anyone know for sure?

QUOTE (Sark @ Sep 7 2005, 02:45 PM)
I was recently listening to Amanda and I always wondered why they had so many name specific ballads in their music. Were they all old girlfriends of the band members or what? I suppose that would be my guess, but does anyone know for sure?

I heard it's because the singer lost his mojo and didn't score a whole lot so he had to write songs about girls he wanted so they would go out with him.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 9 2005, 12:21 PM)
I was about to explain that Roseanna was about Roseanna Arquette and then, as I prepared to click the "Submit" button with a smug sense of self satisfaction I remembered one small little technicality.

That was f***ing Toto!!!!!!!!!!!!

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Madra, that made me laugh so hard.

But.... now that song is in my head. doh.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Sep 7 2005, 10:59 PM)
I don't know, but I know they kick ass >_>

cool.gif nuff said, right there

QUOTE (paganoman @ Sep 9 2005, 12:45 PM)
I was about to explain that Roseanna was about Roseanna Arquette and then, as I prepared to click the "Submit" button with a smug sense of self satisfaction I remembered one small little technicality.

doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Me too! rofl3.gif

But c'mon..."Rosanna" isn't a bad song. Definitely Toto's best (is that saying much?). Steve Lukather's guitar work on that song is very good.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 9 2005, 01:01 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Me too! rofl3.gif

But c'mon..."Rosanna" isn't a bad song. Definitely Toto's best (is that saying much?). Steve Lukather's guitar work on that song is very good.

I actually like that song. Still.... don't want it playing in my head. Which it is.... even stronger now. mad.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 9 2005, 11:21 AM)

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

Madra, that's a good one, well done for the laugh!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 9 2005, 09:21 AM)

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

I'm gunna take you by surprise

And Make you realize...

ROSEANNA!!!

1022.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Sep 7 2005, 01:45 PM)

I didn't think so, so I double checked their discography and they only ever had two songs that were name specific. Both were off the the same album.

Amanda and Hollyann

I really wouldn't say that is so many name specific ballads. the first two albums never had a name specific song at all. I can't think of it off the top of my head but I know that many other bands have had more than two name specific songs in their repitoire.

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Sep 10 2005, 11:02 PM)

I didn't think so, so I double checked their discography and they only ever had two songs that were name specific. Both were off the the same album.

Amanda and Hollyann

I really wouldn't say that is so many name specific ballads. the first two albums never had a name specific song at all. I can't think of it off the top of my head but I know that many other bands have had more than two name specific songs in their repitoire.

They also have one called Magnolin on their Walk On album from just a few years ago. It was their last studio release to my knowledge. They also mention a "Marion" in the song More Than a Feeling.

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Sep 11 2005, 12:02 AM)

Amanda and Hollyann

But that is 2 too many!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 9 2005, 01:01 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Me too! rofl3.gif

Didn't toto have a song called "Hold the Line" or something like that? That's a little better than Roseanna. laugh.gif

"It's not in the way that you hold me

It's not in the way you say you care

It's not in the way you've been treating my friends

It's not in the way that you stayed till the end

It's not in the way you look or the things that you say that you'll do

"Hold the line, love isn't always on time"

Also, I think the song "Africa" was better also. The video was kind of cool. "It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you

There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do

I bless the rains down in Africa

Gonna take some time to do the things we never had" rofl3.gif

Man I hope people don't think I'm a Toto fan now. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 13 2005, 11:42 AM)

Man I hope people don't think I'm a Toto fan now. laugh.gif

I guess i wont mention that Concert Jersey U have of them OR that poster on the back of ur closet door laugh.gif rofl3.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif heart.gif Ya hun tongue.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 13 2005, 03:03 PM)

Man I hope people don't think I'm a Toto fan now.  laugh.gif

I guess i wont mention that Concert Jersey U have of them OR that poster on the back of ur closet door laugh.gif rofl3.gif

wink.gif

Yeah what every happened to my toto leg warmers?

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 14 2005, 12:22 AM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 13 2005, 03:03 PM)

Man I hope people don't think I'm a Toto fan now.  laugh.gif

wink.gif

Yeah what every happened to my toto leg warmers?

I sold em on Ebay biggrin.gif

along with my flash-dance off the shoulder shirt tongue.gif

Archived