Geddy spotted at Toronto Pearl Jam concert

blueschica

Geddy was spotted at the Pearl Jam concert last night at the ACC in Toronto. From the PearlJam.com forum, posted on RushIsABand.com, Eddie Vedder acknowledged Ged from the stage-

"Ed talks about cities and their 'erections' or monuments. He says Rush is monumental. (Geddy Lee is sitting on the monitor wing). The audience cheers loudly. Mike plays a couple of chords from "Fly By Night". Jeff plays a couple of notes from Cygnus X-1. Ed says we have been a band for twenty five years but if we wanted to play a Rush song we would probably have to play for another twenty five. Geddy laughs. Ed continues "they have XYZ (sic) we are more like LMNOP. Getting back to monuments and erections we have the Space Needle and you have the CN tower. This next song was written underneath the Space Needle.") ...

Photos- Geddy sitting at side of stage (thanks Dan R from RIAB)http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/3743.f.jpg

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/13221630_10154045698635726_4005427837098365347_n.jpg

Geddy leaving side stage area at concert end.(Photo by Bernard Chan of the Geddy Lee Fan Club Facebook group, posted on RIAB.)

• Like 17

I bet you Geddy was thinking Gee, I wish I was up there on stage. ;)

I was wondering that as well. Bottom photo seems a little poignant, with him walking out as another band's equipment is readied for the next show.

For all I really know, though, he could be going to Alex's house to flesh out plans for Rush Mark II and rude May 24th gag gifts they will have delivered to Neil, I dunno!

• Like 2

I bet you Geddy was thinking Gee, I wish I was up there on stage. ;)

#thanksneil

Lolno but in all seriousness it's awesome he's still out and about enjoying music just like any one of us.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 3

Geddy is the man

I love the guy ..

How does going to a concert fit into being the man?

It's just that comforting feeling I get when I see him

I'm happy Geddy is here

Alex is THE man.

That scene in Beyond the Lighted Stage when they're at the sandwich shop (that used to be Pancer's) and he's eating that sandwich...

It's just that comforting feeling I get when I see Alex eating a sandwich.

I'm happy Alex is here and eating sandwiches.

:poke:

• Like 6

Geddy was spotted at the Pearl Jam concert last night at the ACC in Toronto. From the PearlJam.com forum, posted on RushIsABand.com, Eddie Vedder acknowledged Ged from the stage-

"Ed talks about cities and their 'erections' or monuments. He says Rush is monumental. (Geddy Lee is sitting on the monitor wing). The audience cheers loudly. Mike plays a couple of chords from "Fly By Night". Jeff plays a couple of notes from Cygnus X-1. Ed says we have been a band for twenty five years but if we wanted to play a Rush song we would probably have to play for another twenty five. Geddy laughs. Ed continues "they have XYZ (sic) we are more like LMNOP. Getting back to monuments and erections we have the Space Needle and you have the CN tower. This next song was written underneath the Space Needle.") ...

Photos- Geddy sitting at side of stage (thanks Dan R from RIAB)http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/3743.f.jpg

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/13221630_10154045698635726_4005427837098365347_n.jpg

Geddy leaving side stage area at concert end.(Photo by Bernard Chan of the Geddy Lee Fan Club Facebook group, posted on RIAB.)

Great topic, thanks!

This must have been PJ nite 2 in TO. Ed had a nice shoutout to the Ged man in nite one I meant to post here, but knee deep in Dead tunes cuz DSO is in town tonite, BRB...

• Like 2

Nice shout out to Ged nite one of PJ TO...from PJ forum...

14. Sleight Of Hand

(Ed describes the next song as not being written about a specific person but a general theory about despicable rich f***s who behave in a monstrous fashion. He has come to realize that the song fits Donald Trump perfectly. He praises the Canadians for electing their new Prime Minister who will be focusing on important things like climate change. He suggest they might like to build a wall themselves and muses about living in Canada and says in honor of Rush he could change his name to Geddy Vedder.)

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 3

There were also very kind words for Ged and a second Cygnus X-1 blast from PJ TO nite 2 during encore that was not mentioned in RIAB (thanks SEA, PJ forum)...

(Ed introduces Donna Grantis who is back to play with the band again. He also takes some time to mention what an honor it is be able to play with Geddy Lee in the house who is not only the definition of a virtuoso musician but is a truly wonderful and kind person. The band breaks into a few seconds of Cygnus X-1 again)

• Like 3

Nice to see Ged's out there!

I enjoy the recent increase in social and social media presence for Rush. I'm just patiently waiting for Alex to open a twitter account because I have the suspicion we've been missing out on years of funny.

• Like 4

Nice to see Ged's out there!

I enjoy the recent increase in social and social media presence for Rush. I'm just patiently waiting for Alex to open a twitter account because I have the suspicion we've been missing out on years of funny.

I continue to wait for "Live from Alex's front porch" myself. Set up a camera and stream whenever he gets the urge to pick up his guitar.

• Like 1