The Six Billion Dollar Man

Starting now, name what cool features the 2017 Six Billion Dollar Man will have.

I'll start

He will have a USB Flash drive slot in his ankle

His Hair can double as Dental Floss for humans

A bluetooth is built into his brain in case the President needs to reach him

Anyone within 135 feet can connect devices to his internal WiFi....password: Oscargoldman1234

What other actors would make a better Steve Austin than Marky Mark???

I'll start:

Matthew Fox

Brad Pitt

Daniel Craig

Chris Pine

Matt Damon

Jason Statham

Fox...more suited for a TV movie version.

Pitt...never liked him in basically anything.

Craig, Pine, & Damon...I'd save for "real" movies.

Statham...I'd use him because he's physically capable of the action scenes (which would be over the top fluff) + I don't care about him or this film (despite liking the show) so I can waste him on this project. ;)

:)

What other actors would make a better Steve Austin than Marky Mark???

I'll start:

Matthew Fox

Brad Pitt

Daniel Craig

Chris Pine

Matt Damon

Jason Statham

Fox, Pitt, Craig or Statham are all 50 or pushing 50...not sure they want to go with Dad if it becomes a hit.....

But Wahlberg is 45...so they will ride his name.

It just seems like a bad idea no matter who is in it

I liked the show as a kid but is this a comedy? I'm serious. I don't mind Wahlberg, it's just that it could go either way with him.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it. I don't think it will be a comedy though.

Mark Wahlberg’s ‘Six Billion Dollar Man’ Gets 2017 Release Date

kroll-e1456451604650.jpg

Justin Kroll

Dimension Films has dated “The Six Billion Dollar Man” starring Mark Wahlberg for Dec 22, 2017.

“Wild Tales” helmer Damián Szifron wrote the screenplay and is going to direct.

Production is set to start September 2016. Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson and Bob Weinstein are producing the film.

“The Six Million Dollar Man” is based on the classic television series from the 1970s and the novel “Cyborg” by Martin Caidin. The story follows military officer Steve Austin, who becomes part of a top secret government program after a horrific accident leaves him near death. With the help of cutting edge technology, Steve is brought back to life with extraordinary abilities, making him the world’s first truly bionic man.

“I’m thrilled to assemble ‘The Six Billion Dollar Man’ for the big screen with the likes of Bob Weinstein and Damián Szifron,” said Wahlberg. “We look forward to creating a Steve Austin for the 21st century.”

Overseeing production for TWC-Dimension are Matthew Signer, EVP of Production and Creative Affairs, and Keith Levine, SVP of Production and Development.

“Writing the screenplay was such a fantastic ride and embarking on this journey with Mark, Bob and Stephen to take this story to a whole new level is simply spectacular,” said Szifron. “Growing up, these kind of films left an indelible mark on me and now it feels so good to be making one.”

LIKE ANY MOVIE, this could be good or bad. The fact that it's a move made from a popular TV show doesn't mean it lacks creativity or is destined to be bad.

I liked the show a lot as a kid and so if this movie is good, I will really enjoy it.

Edited by workingcinderellaman