General Peeves

OldRUSHfan

Vanity, make-up, etc. I'm into what you were BORN WITH. Adornment is really useless in my opinion. Some people look so horrid in make-up that I almost am forced to PUKE.

Vanity, make-up, etc. I'm into what you were BORN WITH. Adornment is really useless in my opinion. Some people look so horrid in make-up that I almost am forced to PUKE.

Tell us how you really feel ! :LOL: Be careful what you wish for-

I have light eyes and lashes and started wearing mascara in the 70's as soon as my mom would let me because I felt like an albino. It is very rare for me to go out without it. When I do, it never fails, I see someone who doesn't recognize me! :o Last summer I ran to the mini mart and saw someone I had known for 15 years- he said (after I said hi to HIM), " You look so different, like you're tired. I wouldn't have recognized you without your daughter!" :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Vanity, make-up, etc. I'm into what you were BORN WITH. Adornment is really useless in my opinion.

Since you feel "adornment is really useless", would you also approve of unisex coveralls (one color, standard design) for all genders and ages? There'd be no vanity in that case.

• Like 1

The best makeup is when you can't tell someone is wearing it, they just look good :)

• Like 2

People who take too many selfies.

People who overshare on social media.

Reality stars and Poker stars.

Rap and 80% of country music.

Performance reviews

ACDC and The Who What When Where Why

Motorcycles that break the noise bylaw.

• Like 4

Tell us how you really feel ! :LOL: Be careful what you wish for-

I have light eyes and lashes and started wearing mascara in the 70's as soon as my mom would let me because I felt like an albino. It is very rare for me to go out without it. When I do, it never fails, I see someone who doesn't recognize me! :o Last summer I ran to the mini mart and saw someone I had known for 15 years- he said (after I said hi to HIM), " You look so different, like you're tired. I wouldn't have recognized you without your daughter!" :facepalm: :facepalm:

It's THAT JERK'S PROBLEM! NOT yours, blueschica! I'm SURE I'd like you without make up at all I told that to BOTH my ex-wives, but they were too into the cosmetic industries claws and wouldn't consider it. That's what makes me sad and angry. Most women think they NEED make-up. I haven't met one yet who doesn't think that. Sorry, Ladies, I'm not the guy that makes you wear that crap...

• Like 1

I like makeup, but to each their own. :P

A personal pet peeve of mine is when things, like papers, aren't stacked back in order. Also in stores I cringe every time I have to undo a nice neat pile of clothing just to get to my size. Trying to put it back to how it used to be is pointless, it'll just look crooked. Oh boy :(

Overdrawn, dry-looking instagram brows. Cakey foundation--the type that looks gritty when put under unnatural lighting. That's about it when it comes to my aesthetic preferences about makeup! In general I think most women simply want to project to people the face that they'd rather those people see; some people do it because they feel like they need to, but i feel like for most of us self-expression plays a huge part in it. I sure as hell know that when I wear bright orange lipstick I don't expect people to think those are my natural lips.

• Like 2

I like makeup, but to each their own. :P

A personal pet peeve of mine is when things, like papers, aren't stacked back in order. Also in stores I cringe every time I have to undo a nice neat pile of clothing just to get to my size. Trying to put it back to how it used to be is pointless, it'll just look crooked. Oh boy :(

Overdrawn, dry-looking instagram brows. Cakey foundation--the type that looks gritty when put under unnatural lighting. That's about it when it comes to my aesthetic preferences about makeup! In general I think most women simply want to project to people the face that they'd rather those people see; some people do it because they feel like they need to, but i feel like for most of us self-expression plays a huge part in it. I sure as hell know that when I wear bright orange lipstick I don't expect people to think those are my natural lips.

That's interesting! Orange is one of my FAVE colors.....My Schwinn Varsity 10 speed bike was Orange, and when my Parents allowed me to turn the Basement into my 'Lair', Foosball Table, (Dynamo Pro) my Stereo, Drum kit, Chairs, etc.) they also allowed me to put a wall mounted 'Princess' style Phone which was orange also with a SUPER long cord so the handset reached all the way to the end of the room where the stereo was......Yup! Me LOVES MY ORANGE THINGS! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Orange%20banana.png

While it will ultimately be their own undoing, cell phone zombies and habitual texters

I was at a traffic light the other day, observing my surroundings .. I saw a woman getting out of her parked car, intently looking at her phone - I mean, she couldn't even get out of the car without putting it down - and she flings the car door closed before her giant hip was in the clear .. The door slams into her, and she drops the phone

And tonight as I was coming out of the market, a guy is walking in with some idiotic implanted looking thing on his ear, staring down at his phone as he enters the store

I want to get a big 1970s tube sock, fill it with flour, and smack these people in the face

• Like 4

How do you feel about kids on your lawn?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Movies-%20TV/Movie-%20Gran%20Torino%20GET%20OFF%20MY%20LAWN.jpg

I have my Dad's rifle from WW 2...looks exactly like this one http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Symbols/Black%20up%20arrow%20sm.png

• Like 1

While it will ultimately be their own undoing, cell phone zombies and habitual texters

I was at a traffic light the other day, observing my surroundings .. I saw a woman getting out of her parked car, intently looking at her phone - I mean, she couldn't even get out of the car without putting it down - and she flings the car door closed before her giant hip was in the clear .. The door slams into her, and she drops the phone

And tonight as I was coming out of the market, a guy is walking in with some idiotic implanted looking thing on his ear, staring down at his phone as he enters the store

I want to get a big 1970s tube sock, fill it with flour, and smack these people in the face

I'm afraid I'd fill that tube sock with QUARTERS. :o http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Devils%20and%20Demons/evilgrinbig.gif

• Like 1

People who won't call or text you back when they say they will...or if you're selling something and they don't communicate that they've changed their mind and aren't coming. Common courtesy has gone out the window.
  • Like 2

I'm afraid I'd fill that tube sock with QUARTERS. :o http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Devils%20and%20Demons/evilgrinbig.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxz6wioUna1qlebd0o1_500.gif

• Like 1

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxz6wioUna1qlebd0o1_500.gif

EXACTLY!!!

• Like 1

With my proclivity towards stress, anxiety, and high blood pressure I can't afford to allow to many things to bother me so I avoid peeves.

Well, I think peeves just kind of find us like mosquitoes at a summer evening barbecue in Florida

With my proclivity towards stress, anxiety, and high blood pressure I can't afford to allow to many things to bother me so I avoid peeves.

Well, I think peeves just kind of find us like mosquitoes at a summer evening barbecue in Florida

I like to take a deep breath and concentrate on how it's not bothering me. Or I use Off with deet.

• Like 3

It's unpleasant when I find in any kind of relationship:

* excessive stubborness, judgement or lashing out at anything or anyone;

* arrogance, petulance or ungratefulness;

* nettlesome, disrespectful people.

I usually don't get mad, unless these behaviours provoke me a lot, but I'll surely limit them.

I'm also intolerate with violence and uncontrolled agression against nature.

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 3

People who won't call or text you back when they say they will...or if you're selling something and they don't communicate that they've changed their mind and aren't coming. Common courtesy has gone out the window.

EXACTLY!!!

• Like 1