ESPN - Head Chopping Continues- Ray Lewis and Cris Carter - GONE

ESPN is so deep in debt.

Is this what it is, they're just replacing people with other people who will put their faces on the air for less money?

I guess Peyton Manning was probably never considered.

They should get Ochocinco or something.

Peyton Manning has told networks he has no interest in being an analyst for now

If I were Manning, I'd be on a beach somewhere eating Papa John's for the next 2 years before I tried anything new..

Manning going to Miami's training facility was just a friendly visit (he was in town on other business) as Adam Gase was Peytons coach when he was with the bronco's. I thought it was pretty cool for him to talk to Ryan Tannehill. To tell him what kind of coach he now has in Gase.

I would hope Manning would find something way more special than Papa Johns pizza. He is single after all..

I bet he ends up coaching somewhere in the future.

Manning is married, unless you know something we don't.

I noticed on the Dan LeBatard show that Stugotz is doing the Sportscenter updates. Did Bob Picozzi, Dan Davis and Christine Lisi get fired?

Dan Davis is gone.

Other 2 have been reassigned new duties someone said...

Newest news is that ESPN brass wants Chris Berman gone.

They soooo want the younger demographic, and want Berman only at 2 or 3 events per year after 2016.

They offered him Home Run Derby and Day 1 of NFL draft, NO Sunday Countdown, No MNF, NO Baseball

Dan Davis is gone.

They soooo want the younger demographic, and want Berman only at 2 or 3 events per year after 2016.

They offered him Home Run Derby and Day 1 of NFL draft, NO Sunday Countdown, No MNF, NO Baseball

Good. Berman's schtick has gotten schtale, like an old loaf of bread

• Like 3

They fired Ray Lewis?!

Can they get another murderer to replace him in time for training camp??

• Like 2

Dan Davis is gone.

Good. Berman's schtick has gotten schtale, like an old loaf of bread

Old bread still has its uses...you can make croutons. I think they can still drag Berman out for Countdown and the Blitz.

ESPN's SportsCenter leads this morning with a speculation-laden preview of an NBA finals game rather than the actual results of an overtime Stanley Cup game? :facepalm:
  • Like 2

ESPN's SportsCenter leads this morning with a speculation-laden preview of an NBA finals game rather than the actual results of an overtime Stanley Cup game? :facepalm:

They report on cult sports later in the show. After all the NFL mini camp updates.

• Like 1

They report on cult sports later in the show. After all the NFL mini camp updates.

The NFL is the Catholic Church of sports...only less healthy for impressionable young men.

The NFL is the Catholic Church of sports...only less healthy for impressionable young men.

:LOL:

I'm a full on Cris Carter guy, so that kind of sucks.

So no more weekly visits with Mike 'n Mike???

I don't check out Mike/Mike that often but I know Carter was a regular guest...hard to say.

ESPN will distance itself from someone they fired/let go...Carter won't be on Mike and Mike more than likely

The head count in the last year is amazing and most were financial moves and may not be done

This does not include the 300 or so staff that they let go.

On air talent changes:

Whitlock/ Cowherd/Bill Simmons/Schilling/ Tirico/ Lewis/ Carter/ Bayless/ Ron Franklin/

Brad Nessler/ John Kruk (Is he still there?)Dilfer/...maybe more

Joe Schad and Robert Smith who mostly cover College football and NFL Draft have been let go as well

Per Nielsen ESPN shed another 453,000 subscribers from June to July estimates (89.465 million to 89.012 million)

They are down 10 million in the last 2 years.

That's called hemorrhaging viewers, and it's getting worse as millennials watch less and less sports/tv

• Like 1

Per Nielsen ESPN shed another 453,000 subscribers from June to July estimates (89.465 million to 89.012 million)

That's called hemorrhaging viewers, and it's getting worse as millennials watch less and less sports/tv

I think a lot of it is because they have decided to get in to politics. That was the main reason I quit watching the crap!

• Like 1

NBA insider Chris Broussard is the latest to bolt from ESPN and jumping to rival FS1

I hear Mike & Mike are being split up to give Greenie his own morning TV show.

Green by himself will be too much. The one show they make I actually still like. Figures that they would flush it.

I think a lot of it is because they have decided to get in to politics. That was the main reason I quit watching the crap!

Plenty of "politics" on FS1 also...not like you can really escape it these days.

• Like 1