Song Battle: How It Is v. Workin' Them Angels

winter17

Song Battle: How It Is v. Workin' Them Angels  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is better?

• How It Is
    • Workin' Them Angels

Workin Them Angels.

I do like How It Is as well. Enjoyed the new arrangement they gave it on R40. Special thanks to the musical nerds on here who explained to me last year why the song had a different feel to it.

How It Is for me. It's so…happy. But it's not. The dark lyrics aren't supposed to fit the bright, happy music. But, for some reason, it just works. And it was really cool live.

Workin' Them Angels is about a minute too long for me, but it's a solid song. But nothing on Snakes & Arrows is as good as anything on Vapor Trails…except maybe Far Cry.

Edited by Disk98

Very easy one. WTA is way better.

To be fair, I liked what they did with How It Is on the R40 tour. Very pleasant song on R40. On the original VT mix How It Is was one of the more frustrating songs. A song where I could sense it had some potential but the overall sound from the mixing - shudders. The re-mix showed much of that potential and the live version was decent. I a trying to give credit where is due.

WTA - just wonderful on S & A and all the live versions have been great. My favorite song of a very good album. No re-mix required. Its way better than How It Is at its best. Not close. Better music, better lyrics. Just a better song.

Working Them Angels is just one of many mid tempo trudge fests on an album full of them. It's just not very good.

How It Is is a beautiful song juxtaposed with poignant lyrics, and it just works perfectly. The guitar work, drumming, bass, melodies, lyrics...everything on How It Is is just miles ahead of the boring and overly safe and predictable WTA.