New Radiohead song

Rutlefan

I must have missed this episode of Trumpton when I was a kid. ;)

Maybe it was Chigley or Camberwick Green then ?!

:bump: :hail: :D

• Like 1

I like the haunting high notes of Thom reverb'd... I also like the use of orchestration.

In those two respects the song is like Spectre, I won't mind if this will be the style for most or all of the album.

• Like 1

Do they get any creepier anymore? Is there any creepier place to go from here? I like it...but it's definitely sounding formulaic these days.
  • Like 1

Do they get any creepier anymore? Is there any creepier place to go from here? I like it...but it's definitely sounding formulaic these days.

me too. i've enjoyed what they've put out........i even enjoy this......but it's the same Thing for a while now.

But it's good.

Mick

• Like 2

me too. i've enjoyed what they've put out........i even enjoy this......but it's the same Thing for a while now.

But it's good.

Mick

I found it boring but as always I like his voice. That was pretty!

Forgotten the song already though.

I should dig into this band again. We've talked about them enough times.

• Like 1

But it's good.

Mick

I found it boring but as always I like his voice. That was pretty!

Forgotten the song already though.

I should dig into this band again. We've talked about them enough times.

if you've forgotten this already. it may be the same for you with the rest of their work.

i'd recomment Kid A and In rainbows.,

but Thom has really been in this rut for years now.

lucky it's a rut i do enjoy, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Since Kid A, their songs get better with multiple listens, and half the time multiple listens are required to even understand the songs.

Aside from Thom's post-alt rock Radiohead vocal style I really don't see what people are saying is so same-old same-old about this track.

• Like 1

Since Kid A, their songs get better with multiple listens, and half the time multiple listens are required to even understand the songs.

Aside from Thom's post-alt rock Radiohead vocal style I really don't see what people are saying is so same-old same-old about this track.

Kid A is Amazing

Since then yorke's been stuck. and while i do like it all.

i hate that it get's the obligatory AMAZING stamped on it.

it's the same......meaning good. more electronic ambiance. more yorke floating along vocally. the strings broke it up a little.

lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

It is a Radiohead song, a good Radiohead song.

it is indeed......but it's still spinning their wheels.

but ya know. it's later in their career. i don't expect revolutionary at this point.

Mick

• Like 1

There are very few bands in existence that continually push the envelope by constantly changing their sound or style. Radiohead is consistently great at being Radiohead. They found their groove.
  • Like 1

There are very few bands in existence that continually push the envelope by constantly changing their sound or style. Radiohead is consistently great at being Radiohead. They found their groove.

hey i didn't say that was a bad thing.

i'm just lucky i like what they've "grovved" into, lol

Mick

• Like 1

HUGE improvement over anything off that POS King of Limbs album. Sounds like Elanor Rigby meets Depeche Mode.

:tsk:

I love KOL. some fantastic songs paricularly on the back half of the record.

Mick

• Like 2

I'm mainly tired of the "small" sound/production and the consistently unorthodox in the exact same way sense of melody. They find a smallish grove, build smallish intrigue around it, and Thom sounds like a cynical, but never bombastic, angel overhead. I'd like a real surprise.
  • Like 1

I'm mainly tired of the "small" sound/production and the consistently unorthodox in the exact same way sense of melody. They find a smallish grove, build smallish intrigue around it, and Thom sounds like a cynical, but never bombastic, angel overhead. I'd like a real surprise.

thats it......nailed it.

1. Start beat

2. build on beat.

3. thom falls in line

4. Song climax's

5. song disapaates

Good formula. but safe at this point.

Mick

• Like 2

OK, I can see how the song structure has been the same sort of deal for a long time now.. And I admit I like Spectre more than Burn the Witch.

But the sound is that's new, especially the orchestration and the reverb'd Thom (which has been utilized before, but not in this way). I don't see how Thom singing angelic could ever be seen as a bad thing or tiring. It's his greatest feature as a vocalist.

• Like 1