TrueRushFan™

JohnRogers

I have levels of geekness

Tom Sawyer was originally played at a much faster tempo in the studio originally. But when TB heard Geddy sing the lyric it was so fast and uncomfortable. it had to be taken back a bit with the tempo. So they slowed it down until Geddy's vocal sounded at the right pace

Hmmm... then why are there live boots that feature early pre-MP versions of the song with alternate lyrics, but at essentially the same studio tempo?
  • Like 1

I fit the extreme hardship waiver...but I still got my sorry arse to experience 2 live shows. Minor miracle indeed So I'm good.

I know there are Aussies who made it to shows, but I'm not one of them. Does extreme hardship extend to being in the ass end of the world (and that phrase was used by a former PM to refer to his own country)? I must be the only Canberra resident with a Rush sticker on her car.

I've never known any Aussie outside of TRF to know anything but Tom Sawyer. Half the time they don't even know that. These are 20-40 somethings that I'm talking about.

Rush is never played on the radio here. We try to promote Aussie music so much that Canadian doesn't get a chance. I'm trying to tune them in by blasting it out of my car all the time. And T shirts? Check! Multiple copies of DVDs and CDs? Check! Fridge magnets? Check!

Sounds like what I imagined. What's the population of Canberra?

300,000? 400,000? Can't be more than 500,000, yeah? I bet there aren't even 200 or 300 Rush fans there. And certainly you've got to be the biggest fan in the city.

Onwards with your own brand of Rush promotions!!! :hail:

Canberra's population is 350,000. There might be some Canadians here since it's the capital and all. Australians have been taught to ask anyone with a North American accent if they are Canadian first. Because Canadians get very huffy if they are assumed to be from that more populous country to the south. I'm one quarter Canadian. But then not all Canadians are Rush fans.

• Like 1

Owned all but the first 3 albums. Got all the video media, got Al's pick from S&A tour,(2nd row, quite a good catch!) seen 'em 6 times here in the UK.. And until recently my wife owned a rush thong! Hope I made the criteria!

Owned all but the first 3 albums. Got all the video media, got Al's pick from S&A tour,(2nd row, quite a good catch!) seen 'em 6 times here in the UK.. And until recently my wife owned a rush thong! Hope I made the criteria!

Certainly a prime candidate lets explore the first three albums a bit. Why did you not ever own any of the first three albums?

I'm a 46 year old Canadian male who had more Rush albums than friends back in the early 80's and I know how it feels to camp out for tickets..

I'm the living definition of "true Rush fan"!!

What you think aboot that Mr Rogers!! :P ;)

Hm.. let's see.

Love all their music, own all their albums and most of the videos (In the process of re-collecting them, as they went in the divorce!). Seen them over a dozen times, and only missed 2 tours due to financial hardship and/or medical issues.

Guess I qualify :)

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

I'm a 46 year old Canadian male who had more Rush albums than friends back in the early 80's and I know how it feels to camp out for tickets..

Let's talk aboot life after 1982. What is your post Moving Pictures experience???

Hm.. let's see.

Love all their music, own all their albums and most of the videos (In the process of re-collecting them, as they went in the divorce!). Seen them over a dozen times, and only missed 2 tours due to financial hardship and/or medical issues.

Guess I qualify :)

Yes, you earned the title and all the associated benifts of membership.

• Like 1

I have levels of geekness

Tom Sawyer was originally played at a much faster tempo in the studio originally. But when TB heard Geddy sing the lyric it was so fast and uncomfortable. it had to be taken back a bit with the tempo. So they slowed it down until Geddy's vocal sounded at the right pace

Hmmm... then why are there live boots that feature early pre-MP versions of the song with alternate lyrics, but at essentially the same studio tempo?

Dunno Goose dude, all I know and have heard is that the tempo on the original studio demo was a bit quick for Geddy to be able to express Neil's lyric properly. Even at the final tempo it is a quite quick delivery for any singer to manage

Again just my humble opinion

Steve ;) ;)

Let's talk aboot life after 1982. What is your post Moving Pictures experience???

About 35 years of enjoying Hemispheres! :D

Ok..

If that ain't enough I rode a motorcycle with no windshield for 4 straight days in 2010 to see them in Toronto..

But most importantly I love and appreciate The original version of Vapor Trails and can listen to it as easily as the debut album which I also love!

Truth is I love every album and each one becomes more valuable as I get used to their retirement ..

Dude we're all true Rush fans here ;)

About 35 years of enjoying Hemispheres! :D

Ok..

If that ain't enough I rode a motorcycle with no windshield for 4 straight days in 2010 to see them in Toronto..

But most importantly I love and appreciate The original version of Vapor Trails and can listen to it as easily as the debut album which I also love!

Truth is I love every album and each one becomes more valuable as I get used to their retirement

Dude we're all true Rush fans here ;)

See that wasn't so hard. You have earned TrueRushFan™ status.

Yes dude we're all Rush fans here but some are more Rush fans than others...TrueRushFan™

• Like 1

I do not agree, the blithering idiot who started this thread spends way too much time bashing RUSH to be a true fan!

I was a Rush fan before Oklahoma was a state son...no that right I'm only fifty.

You are NOT a fan, not a REAL one anyway! You sound like a typical Dallas Cowboy fan (a fan when they win, nowhere to be seen when their not)

This douche must live in Texas

Pfft Dallas Cowboys you really don't know Tai Shan aboot me. OSU Cowboys!

I am very happy I don't since you are obviously a giant douche! I was wondering who they wrote that South Park episode about! Now I know!

Now you're just boring. Good night Tulsa.

Whats this crap?.I am not a true fan because i currently don't have a copy of Fly By Night.I never saw Rush live(something to do with where i live and money).However i enjoy almost everything they have done and thats since i first heard them in 1978.I must be a true fan.
  • Like 1

Whats this crap?.I am not a true fan because i currently don't have a copy of Fly By Night.I never saw Rush live(something to do with where i live and money).However i enjoy almost everything they have done and thats since i first heard them in 1978.I must be a true fan.

You sound like one to me. And yes it's crap. The "person" that started this thread is not even a fan, so I don't know why he thinks he has godly powers and gets to decide who is or is not a fan.

You sound like one to me. And yes it's crap. The "person" that started this thread is not even a fan, so I don't know why he thinks he has godly powers and gets to decide who is or is not a fan.

It's called a "joke". It's not a serious thread. No one here is taking this literally except you.

I don't know why I bother but apparently it needs to be said.

• Like 6

The truest true Rush fans are found here in Australia.

Don't believe me?

Try following a band that only you and 5 other Aussies have heard of :P

• Like 5

It's called a "joke". It's not a serious thread. No one here is taking this literally except you.

I don't know why I bother but apparently it needs to be said.

Was just gonna say this myself.

John Rogers is always joking around. This thread is all in good fun and by no means is supposed to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

I love all RUSH music, I have BOUGHT every album, and I have been to way more than three shows.

I guess I qualify‼️������

JohnRogers will still need your blood samples, urine samples, and stool samples prior to the final authorization.

The Honest Man is a TrueRushFan™

Pending final authorization after receiving the proper samples do you want the embossed leather wallet or beer koozie?

Despite attempts to besmirch my character I will not take any of it personally. I'm still waiting, do you want a TrueRushFan™ embossed leather wallet or beer koozie?