#41 Pound of Obscure

Pound of Obscure

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1577 posts
  • Interests:Drums, basketball, P90X/Insanity

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:25 PM

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 03 May 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

I used my original copy of Vapor Trails as a frisbee; do I get a plaque or something?
I took a dump on my Snakes CD. It made it smell better.

Sponsored Post

#42 catherine

catherine

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1357 posts
  • Interests:Music:mainly Hard Rock, Progressive Rock/Metal, Classic Rock, some Alternative and Grunge; Reading:mainly Literature/Fiction and Classics; Knitting

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:32 PM

View Postblueschica, on 03 May 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

View Postcatherine, on 03 May 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

I am good on the first two points. I own and listen to all the albums, yes even Feedback occasionally. I have purchased at least three copies in most of them and a few four in digital, CD, and 2015 vinyls.

I am gonna need a hardship waiver for the live shows, unless DVD's count? I have them ALL. :coy: It's hard to go to concerts; between babies being born (not just two BTW, I have 10) and a husband who hates my music, I never got a chance. I think I still qualify as a TRF. Hell I even have shoelaces. :lol:

You have 10 kids and still find time to knit ??  Wow!  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

LOL! Well thanks but to clarify only 4 are still home. BUT I have always knit so yeah I did even when they were all home and little. Also though the oldest is 30 and the youngest almost 6, so they were never ALL little at the same time.

#43 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23415 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

View Postcatherine, on 04 May 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

I am good on the first two points. I own and listen to all the albums, yes even Feedback occasionally. I have purchased at least three copies in most of them and a few four in digital, CD, and 2015 vinyls.

I am gonna need a hardship waiver for the live shows, unless DVD's count? I have them ALL. :coy: It's hard to go to concerts; between babies being born (not just two BTW, I have 10) and a husband who hates my music, I never got a chance. I think I still qualify as a TRF. Hell I even have shoelaces. :lol:

You have 10 kids and still find time to knit ??  Wow!  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

LOL! Well thanks but to clarify only 4 are still home. BUT I have always knit so yeah I did even when they were all home and little. Also though the oldest is 30 and the youngest almost 6, so they were never ALL little at the same time.
Have you converted any of your 12 kids??? You maybe able to reach the magic number of 1237 with conversion points to off set your lack of tour points.

Why isn't this thread pinned yet for reference by future generations?

#44 catherine

catherine

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1357 posts
  • Interests:Music:mainly Hard Rock, Progressive Rock/Metal, Classic Rock, some Alternative and Grunge; Reading:mainly Literature/Fiction and Classics; Knitting

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 05 May 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

Have you converted any of your 12 kids??? You maybe able to reach the magic number of 1237 with conversion points to off set your lack of tour points.

Unfortunately none of my 10 (not 12 :eyeroll: ;) ) have been successfully assimilated to Rush fandom but my oldest does like them. She even gets The Necromancer, but her musical tastes are wide and varied so not sure how much that counts for. Still trying though.

#45 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23415 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:18 PM

View Postcatherine, on 05 May 2016 - 06:57 PM, said:

View PostJohnRogers, on 05 May 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

Unfortunately none of my 10 (not 12 :eyeroll: ;) ) have been successfully assimilated to Rush fandom but my oldest does like them. She even gets The Necromancer, but her musical tastes are wide and varied so not sure how much that counts for. Still trying though.
Maybe your oldest can be a character witnesses for you in an affidavit or something. I think the judges would consider your plea.

#46 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

I'll be a character witness for Catherine if her oldest is too busy.

#47 patjnev

patjnev

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

Aww shucks! I never fit in anywhere I go . :scared: :16ton:

#48 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:43 PM

View Postpatjnev, on 11 May 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

Aww shucks! I never fit in anywhere I go . :scared: :16ton:

:hug2:

#49 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23415 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

Off topic for a moment but I don't get this emoticon that is pretty popular here.
:16ton:

:wtf:

#50 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

I think it means what the person said that he/she thought was funny went over like a ton of lead?  :huh:

#51 Wil1972

Wil1972

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1417 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

View PostLorraine, on 11 May 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

I think it means what the person said that he/she thought was funny went over like a ton of lead?  :huh:

It makes me think of old Monty Python skits.

#52 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 21093 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 11 May 2016 - 06:53 PM, said:

Off topic for a moment but I don't get this emoticon that is pretty popular here.
:16ton:

:wtf:

It's how my head feels when I listen to HYF.

#53 Wil1972

Wil1972

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1417 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:53 AM

Posted Image

#54 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21581 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:56 PM

I'm close to 90% legal on the records

I already have CoS and don't listen to it. Where's my motivation to buy it? :lol:

As a millennial with 4 Rush shows, I'll award myself extra points for that

#55 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23415 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

View PostThat One Guy, on 13 May 2016 - 11:56 PM, said:

I'm close to 90% legal on the records

I already have CoS and don't listen to it. Where's my motivation to buy it? :lol:

As a millennial with 4 Rush shows, I'll award myself extra points for that
What is your opinion of The Synth Era???

#56 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69637 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:33 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 03 May 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

1. A TrueRushFan™ is Someone who has an appreciation for the majority of the band's body of work. A TrueRushFan™ doesn't disregard an entire decade or multiple decades of RUSH's career. People who don't like anything Rush has done since 1982 aren't true fans.

2, YOU MUST LEGALLY own 90% of the band's music/songs. Format doesn't matter.  

3. With exceptions for Millennials and EXTREME hardship you MUST have attended three live shows. Getting married and have two kids is NOT HARDSHIP.

If all three elements apply to you then you are TrueRushFan™. If not you are a more casual fan unworthy of the TrueRushFan™ honor. You may still be a nice person. The TRF has spoken, there will be no debate. 73 pin this post at your earliest convenience.

Posted Image

#57 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3770 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:56 PM

You are a true Rush fan if:

1. You can name your 3 favorite sections of their latest album, Lakeside Necromancer
2. If you bought a Dodge Caravan, just because of the song.
3. You can tell which of the 5 members are Canadien.

Yes I admit these are idiotic...but are any of the other measures any better?

#58 Blue Barchetta

Blue Barchetta

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, sports, and Rock n' Roll

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

WOW!  I am a true Rush fan, but didn't know it until this handy test!

#59 Blue Barchetta

Blue Barchetta

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, sports, and Rock n' Roll

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

View PostBlue Barchetta, on 14 May 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

WOW!  I am a true Rush fan, but didn't know it until this handy test!
I thought I was just weird or something.

#60 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23415 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

View Post2112FirstStreet, on 14 May 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

You are a true Rush fan if:

1. You can name your 3 favorite sections of their latest album, Lakeside Necromancer
2. If you bought a Dodge Caravan, just because of the song.
3. You can tell which of the 5 members are Canadien.

Yes I admit these are idiotic...but are any of the other measures any better?

Yes:  http://www.therushfo...™/#entry3975102

Only those who can't make the cut seem to complain.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #RUSH, #Rush

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users