Jump to content


TrueRushFan™

#RUSH #Rush

  • Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#1 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:55 PM

1. A TrueRushFan™ is Someone who has an appreciation for the majority of the band's body of work. A TrueRushFan™ doesn't disregard an entire decade or multiple decades of RUSH's career. People who don't like anything Rush has done since 1982 aren't true fans.

2, YOU MUST LEGALLY own 90% of the band's music/songs. Format doesn't matter.  

3. With exceptions for Millennials and EXTREME hardship you MUST have attended three live shows. Getting married and have two kids is NOT HARDSHIP.


If all three elements apply to you then you are TrueRushFan™. If not you are a more casual fan unworthy of the TrueRushFan™ honor. You may still be a nice person. The TRF has spoken, there will be no debate. 73 pin this post at your earliest convenience.

Sponsored Post

#2 grep

grep

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

28 shows. At least 3 copies of each album.  Been a confirmed fan since April 15 1981, and I liked the band in 1976 before I knew who they were.

Can I have my certification please?

#3 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:01 PM

Do we get a pin?

#4 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42177 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:05 PM

Do I get a consolation prize?

#5 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24835 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:12 PM

Fortunately, 1982-1989 isn't a decade.  Can I have my merit badge?

#6 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

    The Majestik Moose

  • Members
  • 4100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Burnaby, BC

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostLorraine, on 03 May 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

Do I get a consolation prize?
Lorraine, you get honorary membership

#7 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

View PostLedRush, on 03 May 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

Fortunately, 1982-1989 isn't a decade.  Can I have my merit badge?
No take your Dime Store Barrister antics elsewhere.

#8 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21065 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:31 PM

I'm a millennial and I meet all 3. Does that make me a superfan?

#9 Wil1972

Wil1972

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1422 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alabama

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:36 PM

Nice to know I shall not be shunned by the Rush community at large. I want my Star man lapel pin.

#10 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42177 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:39 PM

View PostWil1972, on 03 May 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

Nice to know I shall not be shunned by the Rush community at large. I want my Star man lapel pin.

Did you say shunned?

Does this make me the Hester Prynne of TRF?

#11 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:50 PM

View PostLorraine, on 03 May 2016 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostWil1972, on 03 May 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

Nice to know I shall not be shunned by the Rush community at large. I want my Star man lapel pin.

Did you say shunned?

Does this make me the Hester Prynne of TRF?
Whoa slow down folks. No one needs to worry aboot being shunned. Even casual RUSH fans are better people than most people. We're all equal here, some are just more equal than others.

#12 Wil1972

Wil1972

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1422 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alabama

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:55 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 03 May 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 03 May 2016 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostWil1972, on 03 May 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

Nice to know I shall not be shunned by the Rush community at large. I want my Star man lapel pin.

Did you say shunned?

Does this make me the Hester Prynne of TRF?
Whoa slow down folks. No one needs to worry aboot being shunned. Even casual RUSH fans are better people than most people. We're all equal here, some are just more equal than others.

Who said I was a casual fan? I am a TRF through and through!:)

A Scarlet Letter and an Animal Farm reference? Nice.:)

Edited by Wil1972, 03 May 2016 - 02:58 PM.


#13 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5844 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:08 PM

OK, I fit 1 and 2 but not 3. :rage:  Sign me up for the CasualRushFan™ group!  Sadly, I have never been able to see Rush live.  I won't blame the three kids but I will blame the 9 moves in 13 years at one point. (We always moved ourselves so maybe it was extreme hardship!  No, we are not in the military; it's a long story).  I like to think I am still a nice person. :D  :D

#14 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:14 PM

View Postblueschica, on 03 May 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

OK, I fit 1 and 2 but not 3. :rage:  Sign me up for the CasualRushFan™ group!  Sadly, I have never been able to see Rush live.  I won't blame the three kids but I will blame the 9 moves in 13 years at one point. (We always moved ourselves so maybe it was extreme hardship!  No, we are not in the military; it's a long story).  I like to think I am still a nice person. :D  :D
Of course you're still a nice person. Let me know if you need the HARDSHIP waiver form.

#15 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 10812 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:15 PM

Posted Image

#16 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

    Big Hat Funny!

  • Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:34 PM

I used my original copy of Vapor Trails as a frisbee; do I get a plaque or something?

#17 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42177 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 03 May 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

I used my original copy of Vapor Trails as a frisbee; do I get a plaque or something?

Today is your lucky day!  I own two copies of VT.  Would you like me to send you one?

#18 The Analog Teen

The Analog Teen

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, CA

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:13 PM

I like most of their work and generally all decades/eras, but I'm a millennial who uses Spotify Premium, so I feel like I cheated the system a bit. But hey, I'll gladly take the title of TrueRushFan™.

#19 Wil1972

Wil1972

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1422 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alabama

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:18 PM

View PostThe Analog Teen, on 03 May 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

I like most of their work and generally all decades/eras, but I'm a millennial who uses Spotify Premium, so I feel like I cheated the system a bit. But hey, I'll gladly take the title of TrueRushFan™.

A gleaming alloy air car will be here shortly to escort you from the premises.

Edited by Wil1972, 03 May 2016 - 04:18 PM.


#20 The Analog Teen

The Analog Teen

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, CA

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

View PostWil1972, on 03 May 2016 - 04:18 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Teen, on 03 May 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

I like most of their work and generally all decades/eras, but I'm a millennial who uses Spotify Premium, so I feel like I cheated the system a bit. But hey, I'll gladly take the title of TrueRushFan™.

A gleaming alloy air car will be here shortly to escort you from the premises.

Spotify Premium is $10/month, so I will eventually have paid more than everyone else for their music. Eventually.

But I would like to buy vinyls once I have money for it.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #RUSH, #Rush

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users