NOFX like the Rush of punk?

Now, one thing my dad and I can get along around, is music, both of our favorite bands are Rush, and he got me to love punk rock, as un-punk as that is.

One thing we've discussed is how the band NOFX is the Rush of punk. Where in a genre saturated by simple power chord progressions of the same style, NOFX is always changing it up, with more interesting riffs, as well as throwing in other instruments. They've just always been better musicians than their punk friends.

Those of you who know some NOFX, do you agree? I'm curious to see if others feel the same way. Note I'm not saying NOFX is as musically talented as Rush, but in the context of punk rock, they're much like Rush in the hard rock/prog rock genre

• Like 1

Not sure of the comparison, but whatever you do, don't touch Fat Mike while he's performing. It's short, you can handle watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip1ZEPXIO_w

I remember watching that, honestly they're known for not treating their fans special, they treat them like any other guy on the street, and that came after Mike was complaining about neck pains, so well deserved, lmao.

• Like 1

Not sure of the comparison, but whatever you do, don't touch Fat Mike while he's performing. It's short, you can handle watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip1ZEPXIO_w

I remember watching that, honestly they're known for not treating their fans special, they treat them like any other guy on the street, and that came after Mike was complaining about neck pains, so well deserved, lmao.

Apparently, afterwards BOTH apologized. And Mike ended up giving that guy a beer & custom T + offering to kick him as an apology of sorts. Where's the punk bit?

Lydon would've kicked him then urinated on him. And later, he would've publicly stated that he regretted not being able to have urinated more. ;)

• Like 1

Billy Talent's the "Rush" of Punk for me.

Not sure what exactly that's supposed to mean other than "They're more talented than the average punk band"...

But it's not as if Rush was/is more talented than the average prog band anyway.