ESPN - Dilfer the latest to be let go

I didn't know that ESPN had a salary cap! :LOL:

Dilfer was OK, but he had a nasty habit of trying to make his opinions seem really profound. I usually agreed with his analyses, but all the bravado turned me off.

• Like 1

Dilfer was OK, but he had a nasty habit of trying to make his opinions seem really profound. I usually agreed with his analyses, but all the bravado turned me off.

Yeah, they seemed to have went over it by about $400 million for 2016 and 2017.... :drool:

If they thought Dilfer was over the top, why are they keeping Herm Edwards? That dude will snap in a second.
  • Like 2

If they thought Dilfer was over the top, why are they keeping Herm Edwards? That dude will snap in a second.

Herm is great comedic value. And wrong about virtually everything. He's the anti-analytic elixir to reasoned arguments. I love that guy.

• Like 2

This is my favorite move yet. I give him his due especially for making it to the nfl and having an average career but he never deserved to have his opinion touted on national tv IMO. Ravens defense in that super bowl was ridiculous, his job was to not screw it up. Brad Johnson filled a similar role here in our super bowl and you don't see him on national tv every week. Differ can probably be a decent analyst for games somewhere.

This is my favorite move yet. I give him his due especially for making it to the nfl and having an average career but he never deserved to have his opinion touted on national tv IMO. Ravens defense in that super bowl was ridiculous, his job was to not screw it up. Brad Johnson filled a similar role here in our super bowl and you don't see him on national tv every week. Dilfer can probably be a decent analyst for games somewhere.

Dilfer has a good, strong voice for radio/TV. He's not on the A-list, but he's articulate and professional. He'll definitely have a job somewhere. And, as far as I know, he's a good guy. He's taken a LOT of taunting because of his mediocre play on the field. That should really stop.

This is my favorite move yet. I give him his due especially for making it to the nfl and having an average career but he never deserved to have his opinion touted on national tv IMO. Ravens defense in that super bowl was ridiculous, his job was to not screw it up. Brad Johnson filled a similar role here in our super bowl and you don't see him on national tv every week. Dilfer can probably be a decent analyst for games somewhere.

Dilfer has a good, strong voice for radio/TV. He's not on the A-list, but he's articulate and professional. He'll definitely have a job somewhere. And, as far as I know, he's a good guy. He's taken a LOT of taunting because of his mediocre play on the field. That should really stop.

Why? If you're an analyst you're getting paid for expertise on the subject. While he is more knowledgable about being a QB than any of us there are plenty more out there including others that have had success. I change the channel every time he comes on to be honest.

Why? If you're an analyst you're getting paid for expertise on the subject. While he is more knowledgable about being a QB than any of us there are plenty more out there including others that have had success. I change the channel every time he comes on to be honest.

Are you asking why should the taunting stop, or why should he have a broadcasting job?

I'm no fan of Dilfer as a broadcaster, but there have been a lot worse on the TV.

This is my favorite move yet. I give him his due especially for making it to the nfl and having an average career but he never deserved to have his opinion touted on national tv IMO. Ravens defense in that super bowl was ridiculous, his job was to not screw it up. Brad Johnson filled a similar role here in our super bowl and you don't see him on national tv every week. Differ can probably be a decent analyst for games somewhere.

But Dilfer, and Johnson, didn't spit the bit when they made it to the biggest stage. You have to give them credit for that. It shows heart.

• Like 1

Exhibit A of reason #1 why ESPN sucks:

Today there's a game with two teams with combined records of 42-17 with a pitcher who has had a two thirds of a season stretch only comparable to Bob Gibson's 1968 run.

They've chosen to show a game between two teams with a combined record of 28-30, and it's not like they're coming off a season where either team had any post season success.