That Metal Show

Permanent-Rush

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but the show isn't coming back to TV last I heard.

I would watch it when there was a guest on who I was interested in. Overall, it wasn't too bad and it did give a little focus to metal on TV so that wasn't a bad thing. What hurt them was not incorporating more newer acts into the show. I know they did it a little bit but they should have gotten a little more balance between the classic and newer bands as time went on.

• Like 1

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but the show isn't coming back to TV last I heard.

I would watch it when there was a guest on who I was interested in. Overall, it wasn't too bad and it did give a little focus to metal on TV so that wasn't a bad thing. What hurt them was not incorporating more newer acts into the show. I know they did it a little bit but they should have gotten a little more balance between the classic and newer bands as time went on.

I know, but they said they are trying to send it other networks.

That's too bad, I started watching when Geddy was on last year and enjoyed it. I did like the newer guests and I liked when they would have women, also, but don't know if I'm typical. I love Lzzy Hale of Halestorm and really enjoyed when she was on.

• Like 1

Eddie is working on other television projects and trying to find a way to keep that metal show going. His deal with vh1 didn't seem to give him much control over the show.
  • Like 3

Eddie Trunk filmed a pilot with Ace Frehley recently. He is pitching to various networks and online companies.

Wish him the best of luck, but interviewing aging Rock musicians (mostly metal) is hard sell now to advertisers.

And that is who matters, it's all about advertising

That Metal Show was interesting at times, if the guests were interesting. Maybe it will work out

• Like 2

Eddie Trunk filmed a pilot with Ace Frehley recently. He is pitching to various networks and online companies.

Wish him the best of luck, but interviewing aging Rock musicians (mostly metal) is hard sell now to advertisers.

That Metal Show was interesting at times, if the guests were interesting. Maybe it will work out

Ace Frehley has been on there to much. They should have chose a different guest. I am glad that they are doing that.

• Like 1

Ace Frehley has been on there to much. They should have chose a different guest. I am glad that they are doing that.

Again Eddie with some blinders on, Ace has been a personal friend for 30 years to him...not very interesting

• Like 1

Again Eddie with some blinders on, Ace has been a personal friend for 30 years to him...not very interesting

It's too bad that Jim and Don don't seem to have much of a say on who the guests are. I know they listen to a lot of newer rock and metal bands. No doubt way more more than Eddie seems to. I'm sure they would love to get more modern guys on the show. The old school guests are fine and they shouldn't abandon that if the show continues. But these guys have also had the spotlight for many decades now. It would be nice for them to cover more recent bands and give the show a good balance which I think would make it more entertaining.

I did find it odd that VH1 classic didn't keep the show. I mean what else is there to watch on that channel when it comes to original programming?

• Like 1

It's too bad that Jim and Don don't seem to have much of a say on who the guests are. I know they listen to a lot of newer rock and metal bands. No doubt way more more than Eddie seems to. I'm sure they would love to get more modern guys on the show. The old school guests are fine and they shouldn't abandon that if the show continues. But these guys have also had the spotlight for many decades now. It would be nice for them to cover more recent bands and give the show a good balance which I think would make it more entertaining.

I did find it odd that VH1 classic didn't keep the show. I mean what else is there to watch on that channel when it comes to original programming?

There should do that! There is Rock Icons, but I do not know how long that is going to last. Other than that nothing.

Original programming, and a live show requires $$

Travel arrangements, production staff, rehearsal, editing, distribution of tickets, etc.

Reairing a concert from 2010 or replaying the 'Breakfast Club' for the 800th time requires 1 person hitting play on a computer.

Original programming, and a live show requires $$

Travel arrangements, production staff, rehearsal, editing, distribution of tickets, etc.

Reairing a concert from 2010 or replaying the 'Breakfast Club' for the 800th time requires 1 person hitting play on a computer.

Really?

• Like 1

I found these on Vimeo(They are not the full episode thought except for the Judas Priest one)

Geddy Lee Episode: https://vimeo.com/120311021

Iron Maiden episode(In parts):

Part 1:(IM Episode): https://vimeo.com/78874782

Part 2:(IM Episode): https://vimeo.com/79048932

Part 3:(IM Episode): https://vimeo.com/79051095

Part 4(IM Episode): https://vimeo.com/80032990

Rob Halford Episode: https://vimeo.com/50493957

That Metal Special Trailer: https://vimeo.com/87801789

Another episode(Don't know who is on though/In Parts):

Part 1: https://vimeo.com/120487330

Part 2: https://vimeo.com/120487331

You Tube Channel:

Edited by Surrender74
  • Like 2

Eddie Trunk's press release today: 8-1-2017

I spent the last 14 years of my life as a VJ, producer, host and interviewer at VH1 Classic. Pretty much most of my TV career. Today they pulled the plug on it which I knew was coming a year ago and why TMS was killed. It was a hell of a ride & I thank all those I worked with. I often think what could have been with that channel if it was ever properly funded and supported. But some amazing history for me comes to an end today. I discussed this on my last podcast and will discuss more on my new episode this Thursday. Thanks to all who watched all the things I did for the channel. It was a huge part of my life. New things for me coming soon..

• Like 1