Skip Bayless leaves ESPN in August

I find him to be the reality TV show villain of the sports reporting world. Personally I neither like nor need that, much like the NFL's ridiculous color rush antics. :D Just unnecessary stuff thrown in to dazzle the easily bored. I don't personally need to be "entertained" when checking in on my sports news. Just give me the latest dope and projections intelligently. No need for a dog and pony show to accompany it all.
  • Like 1

King dope on many things for sure. Led too much with his heart to be squarely critical and spat too much bile to be taken seriously. Look no further than his devotions to Tebow (out of the league), Manziel (soon to follow), Romo (good, but a walking plague), the Cowboys in general (12-4 when really it's 4-12). RG-3 (remains to be seen, but this is his final go 'round), not to mention his irrational and bitter dislike of Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, etc. Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 2

He joining Mike Tirico in the NBC broadcast booth???

Do NOT give NBC any ideas...... :no: :no:

ESPN and Bayless deserve each other.

Unfortunately, the sports fan deserves better. A step in the right direction though, unless his algae covered body surfaces somewhere else.

• Like 2

King dope on many things for sure. Led too much with his heart to be squarely critical and spat too much bile to be taken seriously. Look no further than his devotions to Tebow (out of the league), Manziel (soon to follow), Romo (good, but a walking plague), the Cowboys in general (12-4 when really it's 4-12). RG-3 (remains to be seen, but this is his final go 'round), not to mention his irrational and bitter dislike of Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, etc.

I really can't add much to that...sums him up in a nice nutshell. First Take has been a guilty pleasure (or pain?) of mine since the "Cold Pizza" days. I enjoy the banter of the show at times, but they just rehash and beat a topic to death....it gets ridiculous...

Topics...

1. Tebow (kill me 100x over)

2. Deflategate (sigh...back again)

3. Lebron (overdone NBA in general)

4 Irrelevant Cowboys (just stop)

5. Manny vs. Moneyweather (snore, boxing is dead guys and the fight sucked)

6. Manning vs. Luck is Irsay nuts!

7. Patriots in general , no topic too small.

8. RG3 is the truth. street cred?

9. Manziel should be 1st pick in draft. lmfao

10. Who's hotter...Cari Champion or Molly? (oh wait, that's my topic...Cari but close).

I've switched over to Colin Cowherd...I must need help.

Spend more time with Dan LeBatard on ESPN in the morning, get less of that sports coverage stuff that ESPN does too much of.

LeFtward may be worse than Bayless. Any time I scan past his show it's either NBA or pop culture drivel. f**k that shit.

Spend more time with Dan LeBatard on ESPN in the morning, get less of that sports coverage stuff that ESPN does too much of.

LeFtward may be worse than Bayless. Any time I scan past his show it's either NBA or pop culture drivel. f**k that shit.

He had Rachel Maddow on again today. :wtf:

He had Rachel Maddow on again today. :wtf:

just realized what spellchecker did to my post. No political commentary intended, meant to type LeBatard. Not even sure how that happened...

Bayless headed to Fox Sports/ FS1

Will get a show or part of a show from 10am to 12pm on FS1

May be part of Fox NFL Sunday/ Fox MLB

Fox Sports is paying Skip Bayless in neighborhood of $5.5 million per for four years, plus a $4M signing bonus per Washington Post

Fox Sports is paying Skip Bayless in neighborhood of $5.5 million per for four years, plus a $4M signing bonus per Washington Post

Only in the USA can someone earn millions of dollars just for being a total dooshbag on TV.

I don't mean portraying a dooshbag, but BEING a dooshbag.....

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

Only in the USA can someone earn millions of dollars just for being a total dooshbag on TV.

Where do I sign??

• Like 1

Where do I sign??

Sorry, but you're not qualified. You're too cool for the job..... :7up:

• Like 2

Gruden is signed to single year contracts by ESPN thru 2021.

The network can end the contract at any point.

He is their highest paid announcer now at $6.8 million. Without Tirrico ..I don't see him staying beyond this year

Gruden is signed to single year contracts by ESPN thru 2021.

The network can end the contract at any point.

He is their highest paid announcer now at $6.8 million. Without Tirrico ..I don't see him staying beyond this year

Tirico is incredibly overrated and easily replaceable. But not by Chris Berman. If they have Berman on MNF, then Gruden should run away as fast as possible.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

His last show was today:

They tried to make the last segment emotional, but you could see the director was in their ear saying..

'Wrap it up, we have Live Soccer in 18 seconds'..........so forced

Skip to FS1....with the other ESPN $$ chasers ....