toymaker

First you have to complete the challenge of finding a woman that's into Rush. They're a rare breed.

Excuse me, but what are the women here? Chopped liver??? :smash: ;)

Exactly. If he thinks women Rush fans are rare, he's not frequenting the right places. :)

Just because everywhere you go there is a Rush lady fan doesn't mean we all have the same luck!

Lolsies

I'm actually amazed at the amount of female Rush fans I run into. Between my customized license plate, Rush keychain and wearing assorted concert t shirts, almost every time I go out somewhere they are noticed and commented on. Really young girls too, who I would think would be more into Taylor Swift or Rhianna.

EDIT: Not saying they're all young but they're the most surprising.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

This thread has been going on about the lyrics and how they can be perceived as love songs.But musically I don't see many Rush songs as been lovey dovey e.g.something as sickly as Styx's Babe.If the The Garden had some 'I love you baby' lyrics it probably be a smash on FM radio and weddings.But Neil wouldn't lower himself to write lyrics like that.Most of Rush's music is challenging and complex and love songs are usually simple little ditties.
  • Like 1

My LP version of Permanent Waves has Lee listed as the lyric writer of Different Strings, but my remastered CD version has lyrics by Peart. What's the deal?

Has this been done? What hasn't?

I'm thinking of Tears and Different Strings in particular. Rush isn't known for "love songs" really (just a bit of cliched slap n' tickle stuff on the first record, maybe, and you could look at Panacea and a few of the later songs). Do they compare well with other bands' romantic ballads?

I know Lucas has an interesting theory about Different Strings...

I liked this post strictly for "slap n tickle stuff" on the first album. :laughing guy:

This thread has been going on about the lyrics and how they can be perceived as love songs.But musically I don't see many Rush songs as been lovey dovey e.g.something as sickly as Styx's Babe.If the The Garden had some 'I love you baby' lyrics it probably be a smash on FM radio and weddings.But Neil wouldn't lower himself to write lyrics like that.Most of Rush's music is challenging and complex and love songs are usually simple little ditties.

Madrigal is a "romantic" song if they ever made one. Poetic lyrics.

• Like 1

First you have to complete the challenge of finding a woman that's into Rush. They're a rare breed.

Excuse me, but what are the women here? Chopped liver??? :smash: ;)

Mostly dudes pretending to be women. I hear Treeduck has three female sock puppets.

Eww…

http://www.rockcitynews.com/photos3b/antibushwar5/images/sock-puppet-tbh.jpg

:scared: No, thanks.

Madrigal is a "romantic" song if they ever made one. Poetic lyrics.

Now that's a nice little ditty

When I was a young, I took bass lessons. My teacher was a great local musician, probably in his 20s at the time. At the end of every lesson, he'd show me how to pick up a song I liked by ear. At that time, it was mostly Rush or Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath songs. I remember when we were working through Free Will, he paused the cassette and said, "Do these guys ever write songs about chicks?" :)
  • Like 1

When I was a young, I took bass lessons. My teacher was a great local musician, probably in his 20s at the time. At the end of every lesson, he'd show me how to pick up a song I liked by ear. At that time, it was mostly Rush or Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath songs. I remember when we were working through Free Will, he paused the cassette and said, "Do these guys ever write songs about chicks?" :)

No and thank God. Well thank the mind of Neil Peart. :)

Does Closer to the Heart count?

As in "hey hey! I'd sure like to 'sow a new mentality' with her!!" "Hey baby, how about we go back to my place and forge some creativity?"

Edited by toymaker