Deceased Artists....

Tick

You know what I'm still trying to figure out, how some people can look at these rock stars dying, and just roll over and accept the death of their favorite genre in the live sense. You see, this is why I personally believe tribute bands are important to the rock scene, it's keeping the live experience of the old bands alive after they end.

The new bands are the new bands, they're the ones that create new music while the tribute bands work towards the preservation of the old music.

http://i.imgur.com/oqeC9X6.png

It's really less to do with the fact that rockstars are dying and more to do with the fact that I honestly do not see newer rock bands, even though some of them are f***ing awesome like Ghost or DTP, thoroughly replacing the legends of old. You really shouldn't completely replace the old with the new when the two can easily co-exist. Hell, back in the 1980s when Whitesnake made it big, people treated them like some kind of Led Zep ripoff. Whitesnake was simply making music that was inspired by Led Zeppelin, they weren't trying to replace Led Zeppelin or be the new Led Zeppelin.

Here is the only guy in the 80s that even used Whitesnake and Led Zepp in the same sentence:

http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/express/issue4/straightjacket.gif

Ah, but he was vindicated by the Coverdale/Page album, in 1993.

:LOL:

• Like 1

You know what I'm still trying to figure out, how some people can look at these rock stars dying, and just roll over and accept the death of their favorite genre in the live sense. You see, this is why I personally believe tribute bands are important to the rock scene, it's keeping the live experience of the old bands alive after they end.

The new bands are the new bands, they're the ones that create new music while the tribute bands work towards the preservation of the old music.

http://i.imgur.com/oqeC9X6.png

It's really less to do with the fact that rockstars are dying and more to do with the fact that I honestly do not see newer rock bands, even though some of them are f***ing awesome like Ghost or DTP, thoroughly replacing the legends of old. You really shouldn't completely replace the old with the new when the two can easily co-exist. Hell, back in the 1980s when Whitesnake made it big, people treated them like some kind of Led Zep ripoff. Whitesnake was simply making music that was inspired by Led Zeppelin, they weren't trying to replace Led Zeppelin or be the new Led Zeppelin.

Here is the only guy in the 80s that even used Whitesnake and Led Zepp in the same sentence:

http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/express/issue4/straightjacket.gif

Ah, but he was vindicated by the Coverdale/Page album, in 1993.

:LOL:

That he was!

I doubt Fra of the roc has heard half the hair metal he professes to love, lol

Mick

I do think Fraroc could really get on with Alter Bridge though.

I only hound him because I want him to think.

• Like 1

Mick

me too. m i'm being harsh but my patience is done.

he has answers laid out but he prefers to stick his fingers in his ears going LALALALA.

Mick

Mick

me too. m i'm being harsh but my patience is done.

he has answers laid out but he prefers to stick his fingers in his ears going LALALALA.

Mick

I agree but if I don't go OTT we will just have all mouth and that gets boring.

He can't say no one tries to help.

• Like 1

What is "OTT"?

OTT is actually spoken like that in the UK.

Means Over The Top.

But often you hear people say "you are OTT".

• Like 1

I've been thinking long and hard (ha ha ha laugh at that :) ) about everything that I've been posting here....and after having a much needed chat with a few members here....I'm retracting pretty much all of the statements I've made and I'm admitting that I was wrong...about pretty much everything...especially concerning the whole generation gap in the rock and metal communities...I mean, sure. There is a pretty big age gap between people like me, Union 5-3992, and Segue Myles and most of the people who listen to bands like Rush and Yes and all of that, but it's not a hostility thing at all.....I admit, I have never, ever been talked down to by a 40-50 year old rock fan simply because I'm young.

And what's even more laughable about my stupid-ass rantings is that all of the examples I've given came from what can only be described as the unwashed cesspit of the internet...the YouTube comments section, a place where people easily get into arguments simply for the sake of pissing people off.

• Like 5

What I liked about Prince is that he mentored and employed female musicians. A lot of men in his position wouldn't do that because their spouses would get jealous.