two classic song intro's battle it out

Amps211

I need a lover vs. Foreplay/Long Time  

13 members have voted

1. 1. better intro ... not the songs just the intro's

• I need a lover
    • Foreplay/Longtime

Which is the better intro .... Foreplay/Longtime Boston or I need a lover Johnny Cougar ????

I find both of theme just fantastic ... but I need a lover is the one I have always liked a little better ... thoughts?

Interesting.

Both of those intros are excellent instrumental parts and I geek out over those, like the first part of 2112, Dream Theater's Overture 1928, etc.

I have to give it to Foreplay/Long Time. I Need A Lover has a great opening theme but I simply enjoy playing along with Foreplay ( :laughing guy: ) more. That intro is awesome to warm up on the guitar with.

• Like 2

Interesting.

Both of those intros are excellent instrumental parts and I geek out over those, like the first part of 2112, Dream Theater's Overture 1928, etc.

I have to give it to Foreplay/Long Time. I Need A Lover has a great opening theme but I simply enjoy playing along with Foreplay ( :laughing guy: ) more. That intro is awesome to warm up on the guitar with.

I don't have an electric guitar anymore :( ... wish i did ... I do agree that foreplay would be the better tune to warm up with ... as foreplay should be i guess haha

The Mellonville thing is okay, but mostly just leads over a couple of chords with a bit of interesting dynamic stuff.

But...the Boston thing is just such a great riff, a great piece of music, something you can call a theme - more enduring, I think.

• Like 2

Not much love for my fellow Hoosier .... I get that many don't consider him as a true rocker .... But IMO he did start out that way .... I need a lover is one of my all time favorite songs ... And I do love both intros ... Just Johnny a little better