New World Man vs. Closer To The Heart

Entre_Perpetuo

NWM & CTTH  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• New World Man
    • Closer To The Heart
  2. 2. Do you personally relate to this song in any significant way?

Two of Rush's most commercial tunes and moderate radio staples, often hated on by fans for lack of something or another or overexposure, but which is better (or worse)? Post you opinions and why you hold them below, and fill out the poll above! Also, the poll contains another Q I thought might be interesting to ask.

Closer to the Heart...classic.

I'm still high on New World Man, but maybe not as much as years past. It certainly has plenty of commercial appeal.

• Like 1

Closer to the Heart, no contest.

I also relate to it, it was the first Rush song I heard on the radio!

New World Man is a terrible, terrible song.

Edited by Eel Yddeg
  • Like 1

Two of Rush's most commercial tunes and moderate radio staples, often hated on by fans for lack of something or another or overexposure, but which is better (or worse)? Post you opinions and why you hold them below, and fill out the poll above! Also, the poll contains another Q I thought might be interesting to ask.

You're a rather earnest young man, aren't you?

Oh, CTTH pisses all over New World man

I have not listened to New World Man in 30 years and have no plans to ever again

I thought people had a higher affinity for New World Man than what responses so far are indicating!

Anyway, I still agree with the majority that Closer to the Heart is decidedly better in every possible way. No contest.

I like New World Man - great drumming, a cool bass part. Sort of a throwaway guitar part, but still cool. Closer to the Heart is a very well-put-together little tune.
  • Like 1

I chose Closer To The Heart, as it is my favorite Rush song of all time. I've always thought that it just encapsulates Rush, even though it is only 3 minutes long. New World Man is one my least favorite Rush songs. It just bores me, and the keyboards are really cheesy.