Rush "Bastille Day" full cover

B1gtr

Really well done. Your rhythm tone is amazingly close to the COS version. I'm curious why you decided not to do the rhythm guitar track during the lead, though? That track really fattens up that section nicely.
  • Like 1

Keeping it live.

OK...but it's not live (you each recorded your tracks on your own time), and given how much you guys like to go for accuracy, it seems an odd choice to leave out that part. Great job nonetheless, though.

• Like 2

Keeping it live.

OK...but it's not live (you each recorded your tracks on your own time), and given how much you guys like to go for accuracy, it seems an odd choice to leave out that part. Great job nonetheless, though.

correct, live meaning we do a single take 'live' all the way through as opposed to punching in parts as is often done in the studio. If I do an overdub such as recording the video of me doing a keyboard part I like show that I played in in real time with the track, but again you are correct, on other tunes I did add keys after the fact on mix down. But for some reason it felt odd to be overdubbing a rhythm guitar for solos, don't ask me why lol. Also for the guitar on this one I was going for a hybrid of the studio performance and his 'All The World's A Stage' performance which I actually prefer.
  • Like 1