Moving for the first time in 14 years

jamie

Hi I'm here with another life update that no one cares about..... and my family lost our house. Months ago we almost lost it but my parents were trying to work with some program to keep it but they didn't know that missing one payment means that we would lose it, and that's exactly what happened. It was put up for auction on the 20th and it was bought that day and now we have 30 days to move out. (I don't know all the details obviously)

This sounds worse than the situation really is but don't worry. It's gonna be stressful and it's gonna suck but we'll get through it. My sister and I are more than willing to help with finding a house to rent and chipping in to expend our budget. We want to keep our family together and we're aiming for a 4 bedroom house that's in the area and in our budget. After 14 and a half years of living here, I'm not that sad. We've had our time here but a new start is okay. I'm just very afraid of change which is gonna make it hard but I'm actually excited for a new house, I just hope we're not miserable.

It's gonna be one hell of a month with garage sales and packing and boxes and trying to find a suitable house but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

• Like 3

Jamie, I am sorry to hear about the upheaval .. But I sense optimism - maybe even some excitement - in your post about the idea of moving to a new place ..

You're doing a good job staying positive .. Have fun with garage sales, and take it as a purging

Get rid of everything that you haven't put to use in the past year - addition by subtraction can be very cathartic ( there's that word again )

• Like 3

I agree, Jamie--it's commendable to see how optimistic you are, especially so soon after finding out such a big change is in store! I'm so glad to hear that it sounds like you're up for the work that will be involved, and I'm confident that you'll be able to find the excitement that you're anticipating right now. Hang onto that positive outlook, and if you ever feel it slipping, know that we're here for you! My very best wishes to you and your family :hug2:
  • Like 2

Hi Jamie, and thanks for keeping us updated here. There are some of us who do care and who have been wondering where you've been lately.

I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this stuff but, as others said, you sound very optimistic about it all. I hope the move ends up being a good thing for you, and keeping your family together is an admirable goal. I wish you all the best through this. Please continue to let us know how you're doing :)

• Like 2

They say...again those people. They say moving is in the top three most stressful life events, then add the circumstances of your move. So yes some bummer times ahead. Try to cling to optimism we read in your post. Take ten minutes away from everything for deep breaths if needed.

We're all hoping for an update that you are in your new space happy, may even just got done hanging a RUSH poster in your new room.

I Wish you and your family MONDO LUCK!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Psychedelic%20stuff/Meditation%204.gif

:banana:

Hang in there kid. Your positive attitude will serve you well.

If things get rough, just stay the course. When going through hell, keep going. Things will get better.

As someone who is also in the middle of moving, I know just how stressful it is. We have it easy compared to you though. We know where we are going already.

Edited by ILSnwdog

........a new start is okay.

It's a golden opportunity to discover new places and new people!

Enjoy the adventure!! :haz: :haz:

This too shall pass, Jamie! :hug2:

It's hard to let go, but most here have had to do just that at one time (or many times) or another in our lives. It is hard but not impossible.

Wishing you and your family a smooth transition and the very best!

And Jamie, it makes me very happy to read your optimistic attitude. You can't lose with that! :)

Edited by Lorraine

Hi I'm here with another life update that no one cares about..... and my family lost our house. Months ago we almost lost it but my parents were trying to work with some program to keep it but they didn't know that missing one payment means that we would lose it, and that's exactly what happened. It was put up for auction on the 20th and it was bought that day and now we have 30 days to move out. (I don't know all the details obviously)

This sounds worse than the situation really is but don't worry. It's gonna be stressful and it's gonna suck but we'll get through it. My sister and I are more than willing to help with finding a house to rent and chipping in to expend our budget. We want to keep our family together and we're aiming for a 4 bedroom house that's in the area and in our budget. After 14 and a half years of living here, I'm not that sad. We've had our time here but a new start is okay. I'm just very afraid of change which is gonna make it hard but I'm actually excited for a new house, I just hope we're not miserable.

It's gonna be one hell of a month with garage sales and packing and boxes and trying to find a suitable house but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

If you ever need help reinforcing your optimsm, know that if you put on your *favorite RUSH shirt* TRFers will give you a standing ovation.

And crank some Rush, that always helps me!

so my family found a 4 bedroom that we have a big big chance of getting. it's a cute little one story in a sort of rural area. my mom doesn't like the field with fox tails that's in front of it and the fact that it's about 8 miles out of the area we're currently in but it's afforable and we can fit. we'll know on Monday (5/9) at the soonest if we can rent it. we have very good hopes about this house!
  • Like 7

so my family found a 4 bedroom that we have a big big chance of getting. it's a cute little one story in a sort of rural area. my mom doesn't like the field with fox tails that's in front of it and the fact that it's about 8 miles out of the area we're currently in but it's afforable and we can fit. we'll know on Monday (5/9) at the soonest if we can rent it. we have very good hopes about this house!

Good luck! :ebert:

good luck :)

How are you guys doing, Jamie? :huh:

we got the house and we're all moved in :) we're just unpacking right now. i like my new room!
  • Like 6

How are you guys doing, Jamie? :huh:

we got the house and we're all moved in :) we're just unpacking right now. i like my new room!

EXCELLENT!!!

Jamie,

I am glad you guys found a place the suits your needs, I know that sometimes change can be like standing at the edge of a cliff, and sometimes change hurts. But always remember in your journey through life.

When you're through changing, your through!

I know this advise may be a bit belated for the situation that you and your family has moved through, however it is a great thing to keep in mind the next time an undaunting event confronts you.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1