Next to Freddie Mercury RIP

Rob Halford is the greatest male singer on the Earth.

I used to put Geoff Tate in third place.

But that guy is a fuckktard.

Geoff was good for the first 5 albums and the EP.

Absofuckinglutley.

"Promised Land" wasn't very promising at all.

"Operation" was their APEX, but man "EMPIRE" was a commercial smash!

"One And Only" is one of my all time faves.

I've never seen anyone so excited about a band. Too bad they aren't paying you to promote them. Or are they?

Hope you like their new album. Maybe the Saints will win the SB.. This website is getting too toxic. Too much malicious gossip going around.

Bye.

I must have been out of the fray for too long. Usually I cause all the malicious gossip on here. LOL! Kidding!!

Luckily I don't have a clue about any gossip.

I may stir my own pot but I don't like to jump into other's strange stew.

I prefer "Strange Brew." LOL!

"TAKE OFF TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH!"

Love,

Geddy Lee

You're too busy buying Priest stuff!

Hahaha! FO SURE!

Till the day I die!

THE RIPPER

I've never seen anyone so excited about a band. Too bad they aren't paying you to promote them. Or are they?

Hope you like their new album. Maybe the Saints will win the SB.. This website is getting too toxic. Too much malicious gossip going around.

Bye.

Aye a new Priest album is major occasion!

So you're leaving? :AlienSmiley:

I can't leave... because of you. I'm doing a portrait of K.K. Downing. I might post it in my Priest thread at Counterparts. I've been following KK and Rob on Facebook. Rob is so sweet. He cheers me up when I'm having a bad day.
  • Like 1

Bye.

Aye a new Priest album is major occasion!

So you're leaving? :AlienSmiley:

I can't leave... because of you. I'm doing a portrait of K.K. Downing. I might post it in my Priest thread at Counterparts. I've been following KK and Rob on Facebook. Rob is so sweet. He cheers me up when I'm having a bad day.

:smoke:

Interview With Ian Hill, JUDAS PRIEST: “We’ll go till one of us drops!”

ian-hill-2018-header.jpg?w=627&h=223

https://metalshockfinland.com/2018/01/10/interview-with-ian-hill-judas-priest-well-go-till-one-of-us-drops/

Interview By Alison Booth

It’s now moving swiftly towards fifty years since a band formed in Birmingham, who went on to become one of the biggest and most loved heavy metal acts on the planet! Now in 2018, Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, Ian Hill, Richie Faulkner and Scott Travis are preparing to release the eighteenth JUDAS PRIEST studio album, “Firepower” on 9th March via Columbia Records.

I was very fortunate to be able to speak to legendary JUDAS PRIEST bass player Ian Hill about the new release and as gain as much information as I could in the short time available! We also discussed the forthcoming tour, festivals and more. You can read some excerpts from the interesting chat below and listen in full on the audio player:

We had to begin by talking about producing legend Chis Tsangarides who sadly passed away recently. Ian paid the following tribute and remembered working with Chris:

“The first time we worked with Chris, he was a tape op come engineer at Morgan Studios in London and he worked on our second album which was in 1975, he worked on Sad Wings. Of course, he was a fresh faced young lad back then you know.

He was full of life – he was a funny man as well, some of the things he used to come out with, you know. He’d put on some accent and just sit down in the middle of the studio and say ‘produce, produce’ and stuff like that. Brilliant bloke, brilliant bloke.

And of course obviously, he worked up in his own field and ended up being a producer and he did Painkiller, he worked on Painkiller with us, which was a big move for us because we’d been using Tom Allom up until then and at that point I think we’d sort of reached the end of the road with Tom you know, so we thought we’d use someone else and Chris had been doing a lot of new metal. So we thought we’d give him a go and see how he’d fit in after all these years – there’s quite a gap there, fifteen years or so and he was just the same (laughs), you know a bit older, a bit bigger, but he as just the same and he did a tremendous job as you know, Painkiller’s one of our landmark albums. And then after that, Rob left the band after that, when we took on Ripper, he did Jugulator as well you know.

We hadn’t seen him for a long time – you know what it’s like in this business, you’re in different places at different times, but it is sad and it is a great loss to metal in particular and music in general.”

On forthcoming album “Firepower” Ian was very enthusiastic!:

“You say it every time don’t you, ‘this is the best album we’ve ever done’, but it is! (laughs) Believe me it is. It’s something we’ve always tried to do in the band – to step forward with each album and try and make things better. So we can justify when we say this is the best album we’ve done ’cause it is, it’s absolutely tremendous.“

We went back to using producers on this album for the first time in a couple of albums. Tom Allom of course who we’ve known from all these years ago, it’s a name that crops up every time we think of using a producer you know. And Andy Sneap who’s been doing all the new metal, he’s well up with the new recording techniques. So, we decided to approach them both to see if they’d work together and fortunately for us they did and they got on like a house on fire.”

ian-hill.jpg?w=627&h=651

Discussing the band recording the album by playing together in the studio, Ian expressed:

“Well funnily enough, you’d have thought Tom would’ve come up with that wouldn’t you, but it wasn’t, it was Andy. He wanted us to play as a band. When we started out, we were a bit wary about doing it like that you know. The trouble is when you’re doing it like that, you get your part right and somebody else hasn’t done it properly, so you have to do it again, so you’re there for ages – or you used to be at one time. But these days, you can always go back and do it yourself. And we loved it and I’ll tell you what, we played as a three or four piece and the backing vocal and walked into the control room to see what we’d done and it just sounded so real and fresh and awesome, you know what I mean? You weren’t playing to click track, you were playing it there together.

The little lifts and drops in tempo and of course everybody is there together and it just sounded so real. And we did the entire album like that you know.”

To give fans a brief insight into the tracks on “Firepower”, Ian stated:

“There’s a little bit of everything there – something we’ve been known for over the years is our versatility and there’s something there for everyone. There’s very very heavy stuff – one of the heaviest songs we’ve ever done, (pauses; I’ve forgotten the name of the bloody song!), ‘Lone Wolf’ and there’s production pieces, there’s ‘Rising From Ruins’, there’s ‘Traitors Gate’ and then there’s the softer songs as well. It really is a complete album and we’re all completely over the moon with it.”

judas-priest-firepower.jpg

Discussing touring, Ian spoke about dates in the UK and Europe:

“The only thing we’ve got in at the moment is Bloodstock. It’s early days for Europe yet, that’s August. We’re expecting more British dates to come in, whether that’ll be this leg of the tour or whether it’ll be at a later date.

We’re starting in America in spring, go through to early summer and then we’re going to Europe because there’s a lot of festivals. You’re playing to a wider audience which is great, which is why we love doing festivals.”

Regarding changes in the band and the effects from this, Ian expressed:

“KK’s been an immense part of the band since day one, so when he left it was a big hit. But the band is bigger than the sum total of its parts really you know, we needed to carry on – the rest of us had no intention of knocking it on the head. And along comes Richie, what a great find he’s been. He’s been an inspiration since he joined, he’s brought new life back to the band, come up with fresh ideas that we probably wouldn’t have thought of ourselves and he’s been a real asset.”

Answering the question of whether “Firepower” will be the last JUDAS PRIEST album, Ian revealed:

“Well, we’re not planning on this one being the last, put it like that. The whole idea behind, we were never gonna stop touring, we were just gonna try and get away from intensive touring, none of us are spring chickens any more. But that didn’t happen (laughs). If you’re gonna do a tour you know, you can’t say ‘we’ll play here and not there’. But we are loving it, that’s one of the reasons we do this, it’s because we love it and there’s no looking back now – we’ll just go till one of us drops I suppose!”

• Like 1

I'm at CDJapan and what I'm going to do now is demonstrate the skills of Google translate. Here is CDJapan's Firepower "description" in Japanese translated into English by Google:

Fire Power [Regular Edition] / Judas Priest

Metal · God, a long-awaited 18th original album that will be around for 4 years! This work is not only the first time to appreciate Andy · Snoop, a super-selling producer of the metal world, but also the 79th year in the heyday "Inn · The East In 1988, Tom Arom, who produced "Lamb It Down", was recruited for the first time in 30 years, and Mike Exeter, who also produced and produced the previous work, also participated as an engineer. It was completed with a fabulous fabric.

:LOL:

:smoke: And so let's go off and listen to LAMB IT DOWN and enjoy some of that fabulous fabric! :goodone: :haz:

• Like 2

http://www.cmdistro.de/images/index/636506648926338684_JudasPriest_Firepower_Banner_1140-450.jpg

This could be the greatest Judas Priest album and album art since PAINFUCKINGKILLER!

Thanks Pat.

I have have all variants.

LIVE AND DANGEROUS!!!! LIZZY RULES PAT! JESUS! I CAN'T TAKE IT!

It's your thread so be it.

Zoe leaves for college next week. I'm going to be "ALONE AGAIN." I'll be fine, but man thank my lucky "STARS" for ROCK AND ROLL!!!

Signed,

Ronnie and Rob ;)

• Like 1

http://www.cmdistro.de/images/index/636506648926338684_JudasPriest_Firepower_Banner_1140-450.jpg

This could be the greatest Judas Priest album and album art since PAINFUCKINGKILLER!

Thanks Pat.

Zoe leaves for college next week. I'm going to be "ALONE AGAIN." I'll be fine, but man thank my lucky "STARS" for ROCK AND ROLL!!!

Signed,

Ronnie and Rob ;)

How many have you got mate??

• Like 1

I listened to "Lightning Strike" four times in a row. I think it's better than any song they have done since "Painkiller."

Once you've had the Firepower album for a while, maybe by June, I predict you'll revisit Redeemer of Souls and hear it in a whole different light. And Nostaradamus and Angel of Retribution too!

• Like 1

Thanks Pat.

Signed,

Ronnie and Rob ;)

All of them mate.

Well not the guitar bundles. Alimony rules.

• Like 1

I listened to "Lightning Strike" four times in a row. I think it's better than any song they have done since "Painkiller."

Once you've had the Firepower album for a while, maybe by June, I predict you'll revisit Redeemer of Souls and hear it in a whole different light. And Nostaradamus and Angel of Retribution too!

HAHAHA!!!

You really are like a brother to me.

It's amazing after all the drama I have caused on here over a decade. It's amazing after all the people on here who hate me for being me, it's amazing how many real cool ass friends I've made on here. For some reason even Rush Forum Females dig me. LOL! Well a few!

So, it's already too late Pat.

I put on "Redeemer" yesterday and LOVED IT!!!!!!

It's true.

As a matter of fact after hearing "Lightning Strike" I had to put "Redeemer Of Souls" on next, actually thinking of you while I put it on my iPhone.

My Audi is lame. No cd player so Blue Ball Tooth only. I hate it. Breaker by Accept has been deleted from iTunes. I HATE DOWNLOADS AND ITUNES!

Anyway, that's life.

I was at my local record store today in Berkeley. Yes, I do my best to keep AMOEBA RECORDS in business!

My buddy and I were talking about Priest cumming to the Warfield. It's sold out and very expensive.

So glad I have my tickets.

Pat, I have a secret that I'm telling you in public and not in a pm.

One of my best friends makes me look like a chump in the rock n roll biz.

He has seen over 1000 shows.

Booked DIO in a dump for the Holy Diver Tour.

He has seen RUSH ever show since Fly By Night at Winterland in SF.

He is a Legend. He is one of my best friends.

So he knows Scott Travis very well.

I might get backstage at The Warfield.

HOLY FUKK!

If I meet Rob I might shit my genes I mean my jeans and pass out. LOL!!

Not sure if I told you this story too Pat.

But remember the British Steel Tour many years ago when they played the record all the way through?

Well I got an after party backstage pass from my buddies in Y&T.

I hung out backstage with Phil Kennemore and his beautiful wife.

Y&T baby. Duh.

Anyway, Phil knew Scott too very well.

I was hanging out with Phil and Scott came up to us.

He was totally a fuckking dick to us.

He seemed stressed out about something.

But man.

I said...

"Hi Scott.. Love your drumming even back during the Racer X days."

He just looked at me an blew me off!

HAHAHA!

Perhaps IT'S ME!!!

Like BLAZE has said.

I am blessed and CURSED!

Even Neil Peart blew me off!!! LOL!!

BUT!

When I met Simon Phillips, Steve Gadd, Dave Weckl and Stewart Copeland in my life they were ALL NICE!!

It's amazing how I have met all of my drumming influences.

BLESSED!

What thread is this?? LOL!!!

JUDAS PREIST!

SAD WINGS OF DESTINY!! THE GREATEST!

• Like 3

HAHAHA!!!

You really are like a brother to me.

It's amazing after all the drama I have caused on here over a decade. It's amazing after all the people on here who hate me for being me, it's amazing how many real cool ass friends I've made on here. For some reason even Rush Forum Females dig me. LOL! Well a few!

So, it's already too late Pat.

I put on "Redeemer" yesterday and LOVED IT!!!!!!

It's true.

As a matter of fact after hearing "Lightning Strike" I had to put "Redeemer Of Souls" on next, actually thinking of you while I put it on my iPhone.

My Audi is lame. No cd player so Blue Ball Tooth only. I hate it. Breaker by Accept has been deleted from iTunes. I HATE DOWNLOADS AND ITUNES!

Anyway, that's life.

I was at my local record store today in Berkeley. Yes, I do my best to keep AMOEBA RECORDS in business!

My buddy and I were talking about Priest cumming to the Warfield. It's sold out and very expensive.

So glad I have my tickets.

Pat, I have a secret that I'm telling you in public and not in a pm.

One of my best friends makes me look like a chump in the rock n roll biz.

He has seen over 1000 shows.

Booked DIO in a dump for the Holy Diver Tour.

He has seen RUSH ever show since Fly By Night at Winterland in SF.

He is a Legend. He is one of my best friends.

So he knows Scott Travis very well.

I might get backstage at The Warfield.

HOLY FUKK!

If I meet Rob I might shit my genes I mean my jeans and pass out. LOL!!

Not sure if I told you this story too Pat.

But remember the British Steel Tour many years ago when they played the record all the way through?

Well I got an after party backstage pass from my buddies in Y&T.

I hung out backstage with Phil Kennemore and his beautiful wife.

Y&T baby. Duh.

Anyway, Phil knew Scott too very well.

I was hanging out with Phil and Scott came up to us.

He was totally a fuckking dick to us.

He seemed stressed out about something.

But man.

I said...

"Hi Scott.. Love your drumming even back during the Racer X days."

He just looked at me an blew me off!

HAHAHA!

Perhaps IT'S ME!!!

Like BLAZE has said.

I am blessed and CURSED!

Even Neil Peart blew me off!!! LOL!!

BUT!

When I met Simon Phillips, Steve Gadd, Dave Weckl and Stewart Copeland in my life they were ALL NICE!!

It's amazing how I have met all of my drumming influences.

BLESSED!

What thread is this?? LOL!!!

JUDAS PREIST!

SAD WINGS OF DESTINY!! THE GREATEST!

I'll be doing the same with those albums and I already think they're great!

Pity about Scott, he does have a look of a guy who could be a bit of a dick, but hopefully it was just a bad day.

He did talk about hanging out or keeping in contact with his former Racer X cohorts in that interview I posted in this thread. He said he still talked to them all except Paul Gilbert who he said wasn't the same anymore. He must have given Scott the bumsrush.

Probably if you meet Rob it'll go a lot better. Maybe you can meet Richie. I doubt you'll see Glenn. I don't think Glenn has been seen in public since the end of the last tour!

Thanks Pat.

Signed,

Ronnie and Rob ;)

All of them mate.

Well not the guitar bundles. Alimony rules.

You must live in a warehouse! :16ton: