Metallica VS Megadeth

Union 5-3992

Metallica VS Megadeth  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which band is better?

Wow, I never realized Megadeth was so well-liked by people. I don't know them well. I only have a couple albums, and for whatever reason I never listened to them over the years like I did Metallica; it was just the way things happened, I guess. But it sounds like I should pay them a lot more attention.

Mustaine does have a bit of a whiny voice though, at least on the albums I've heard. I like Hetfield's better.

Oh, and I should mention that when I talk about Metallica, I am only talking about the band up through Justice. They cease to exist for me after that. But the early albums, especially Ride and Master, are way, WAY up there for me.

I went with the "They both Suck" option.

I don't like any Magadeth. Saw them in concert once and it sounded like pure noise - to my ears.

Metallica has a few good songs - "Fade to Black", "For Whom the Bell Tolls" "Turn the Page" (wait, that was written by the great Bob Seger), plus a couple off the Black Album. But most of their stuff sounds like noise to me.

So, I guess I like Metallica more. But not so much as to change my vote from the "Both Suck" option.

BTW - would have voted for a "They all suck" if the poll had included Anthrax & Slayer. Speed / thrash metal is just not my cup of tea.

• Like 1

Well megadeth easily for me. I almost never listen to metallica anymore. I still listen to megadeth often. Dystopia is still on rotation lol. Ive seen megadeth several times and nevet seen metaklica. I will see them if they come close just for fun though. I agree with all who said megadeth entire catolog is just greater, it is.

I would rather listen to Katy Perry backwards than METALLICA after "And Justice For All."

I mean really?

You posers love the fuckking MTV BLACK ALBUM?

You same posers are probably the same food who love "BACK IN BLACK" by AC/DC!!!!

ALL CRAP!

The math is simple you emo fools.

Once Bon died, AC/DC died.

Once Burton died, METALLICA died.

UGH!

Go ahead. Listen to your pop shite metal.

Even TREEDUCK love "Flick Of The Switch." I MEAN "DICK OF THE BITCH!" Useless tripe!

I don't get it.

Oh yeah man! I LOVE "SINK THE PINK!" "FLY ON THE WALL" IS GREAT!! "WHO MADE WHO?" SWALLOW MY MTV GOO!

I love Back In Black Earl, I also really like Black Album. I listen to music for what it is, not what I think it should be.

Now Katy Perry on the other hand...

• Like 1

It's a very tough call. I'm much more familiar with Metallica material compared to Megadeth...so just on that point, I say Metallica. The best Metallica is hard to match.

Peace Sells is killer though.

Everyone has a boner for Rust in Peace...maybe I should listen to that.

• Like 2

Hasn't this been done before?

How fitting nonetheless.

I HATE Metallica after "Master Of Puppets."

MEGADETH ALL DAY AND NIGHT!

Dave got fukked right in the Pinole asshole.

Revenge can be sweet.

Fukk Metallican't Hold Megadeth's Jock Strap!

Hey, welcome back Earl. Even if you chose Megamustaine :P. The Forum was quiet without you.

• Like 1

My favourite Metallica album is And Justice For All.

But after that...hit and miss but the black album is very good. Had it not been a hit I bet more fans would love it

Hasn't this been done before?

How fitting nonetheless.

I HATE Metallica after "Master Of Puppets."

MEGADETH ALL DAY AND NIGHT!

Dave got fukked right in the Pinole asshole.

Revenge can be sweet.

Fukk Metallican't Hold Megadeth's Jock Strap!

Hey, welcome back Earl. Even if you chose Megamustaine :P. The Forum was quiet without you.

Hahahaha!! Thanks Gina! I am flattered!!

See you tonight!!!!

MUSTAINE BABY!!!!

But after that...hit and miss but the black album is very good. Had it not been a hit I bet more fans would love it

Damn dude, you love "sellout" albums. First "Moving Pictures" and then "And Justice For All!" MTV album featuring no bass player!!!

Metallica is one of the most overrated bands on the planet! Jesus! Give me a break!!!!

Cliff Burton was the glue in that band.

His death was a metaphor for the band he created.

Duh!!!!!

Metallica played at Rasputin Records today in Berkeley CA! Very limited. Only 100 people. had a chance to go see them live in a small record store because I am good friends with many Rasputin people.

I had ZERO interest to go. I turned down the offer.

I would rather watch white paint dry in a winter storm than see Metallica play live.

Useless.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I chose Metallica because I am more familiar with their albums. I mostly listen to everything up to Master of Puppets, but I occasionally listen to Black and Death Magnetic. I haven't given Megadeath a fair shake I guess. I should probably see why so many here give them high praise.
  • Like 3

Damn dude, you love "sellout" albums. First "Moving Pictures" and then "And Justice For All!" MTV album featuring no bass player!!!

How the hell is And Justice For All... a sellout album compared to the Black Album. Justice is considered one of Metallica's 4 best albums

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

How the hell is And Justice For All... a sellout album compared to the Black Album. Justice is considered one of Metallica's 4 best albums

I was thinking that...how is a band carrying on without a deceased friend and keeping things heavy a sell out?

The album lacks bass, not balls.

• Like 4

It's a sellout album because it was the first album they made a video for.

How dare a band try and expand their fanbase and attempt to make more money in their chosen profession.

I was thinking that...how is a band carrying on without a deceased friend and keeping things heavy a sell out?

The album lacks bass, not balls.

Just because they were jerks to Newsted doesn't mean they sold out, there are hardly any ballads or anything on this other than One and that song is good too

How dare a band try and expand their fanbase and attempt to make more money in their chosen profession.

Ikr?!

How dare it also be a GREAT video.

Megadeth sold out really early then

Edited by Union 5-3992

f***in videos.

Bands should know better than to get their name and music out there.

f***in videos.

Bands should know better than to get their name and music out there.

Agreed.

I prefer music to be so widely unheard of that the most classic and perfect of all metal albums remain a secret to all but fifteen of the pub goers who bought the album after being threatened into it by a desperate, poor and jobless band.

Pfft to publicity.

I like AJFA. My favorite Metallica song is on there...Blackened! I like about half of the black album too. It's not bad, just boring. I couldn't even tell you how Holier Than Thou goes right now and I've heard it a hundred times.

Megadeth tho! Holy Wars! Hangar 18! Tornado of Souls! Come onnnnn.

I love both, personally. I once saw someone describe both bands perfectly a long time ago. They said that Metallica is the thunder of heavy metal, while Megadeth is the lightning of heavy metal. And really, that description always seemed to suit both bands. That's how I feel anyway. I kind of get tired of the whole "selling out" argument. It's so tired and cliché. Especially when you consider how many metal bands followed in Metallica's footsteps after they made a significant impact in the mainstream. Hell, Metallica thought they sold out when they recorded Escape for Ride The Lightning. Music videos aren't really about selling out. They're about putting a visual component to the music. I understand that Load and Reload are considered more "safe" in terms of sound, but at least they tried something different. If anything, it makes their discography a bit more varied than other bands of the 80's metal scene. It helps you to appreciate what they did in the 80's, and if you're a fan, makes you appreciate the risks they took even more. Edited by HemispheresserehpsimeH
  • Like 4

I love both, personally. I once saw someone describe both bands perfectly a long time ago. They said that Metallica is the thunder of heavy metal, while Megadeth is the lightning of heavy metal. And really, that description always seemed to suit both bands. That's how I feel anyway. I kind of get tired of the whole "selling out" argument. It's so tired and cliché. Especially when you consider how many metal bands followed in Metallica's footsteps after they made a significant impact in the mainstream. Hell, Metallica thought they sold out when they recorded Escape for Ride The Lightning. Music videos aren't really about selling out. They're about putting a visual component to the music. I understand that Load and Reload are considered more "safe" in terms of sound, but at least they tried something different. If anything, it makes their discography a bit more varied than other bands of the 80's metal scene. It helps you to appreciate what they did in the 80's, and if you're a fan, makes you appreciate the risks they took even more.

I like you!

Agree with all of this.

And I have a friend who thinks Load/Reload is their best work. Its nice to have variety!