Metallica VS Megadeth

Union 5-3992

Metallica VS Megadeth  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which band is better?

Metallica are more mature when they’re good, and more embarrassing when they aren’t... but screw maturity, Megadave is more fun.

TAKE NO PRISONAAAARS!!!

• Like 1

Still hoping I can find tickets for the sold out Metallica show here next month. Never been shut out of going to a show I wanted to like this before. We're a midsized city, so sellouts do happen but the tickets for this show were gone without giving people a shot. Five presales my brother and I tried and they all sold out fast. Virtually nothing was left for the public on sale day unless you wanted to pay $100 a ticket for nosebleeds.

Looks like this will be the first time since 1992 we miss a Metallica show here.

Buffalo's been hit pretty quick for a lot of bands. Paul McCartney, Elton John, Metallica were all gone quick.

It's crazy to think that Metallica has reached the same level of ticket demand as McCartney and Elton.

Metallica makes better albums when they make good albums, but Megadeth made far more good albums than Metallica. Because when Metallica does not make good albums, they make horrible ones. Megadeth has never made a horrible album.

So I could have voted either way, but gave the edge to Metallica for their early output. Megadeth nearly reached that with Rust, though.

Aside from st. Anger...I love every album

OBJECTIVE BULLSHIT THREAD. as are ALL 'who is better' threads. Apples and Oranges. All I say is, ENJOY MUSIC!!! I like both bands, equally...

got into SPEED METAL at the same time with Both bands.

XYnrNnn.jpg

• Like 2

OBJECTIVE BULLSHIT THREAD. as are ALL 'who is better' threads. Apples and Oranges. All I say is, ENJOY MUSIC!!! I like both bands, equally...

got into SPEED METAL at the same time with Both bands.

XYnrNnn.jpg

In my opinion, it should be not "which band is better" but "let us celebrate thrash/speed and make sure to love Testament or get the fcuk out" haha

• Like 1

I have always prefered megadeth.

Its a shame about dave. How embarrassing

Anyways my thought today as i was working listening to a classic rock channel with metallica played along with poison,bon jovi,loverboy and all this other shit

Was it a compliment of sorts that i never hear the deth on the radio

Anyways my thought today as i was working listening to a classic rock channel with metallica played along with poison,bon jovi,loverboy and all this other shit

What about Dave is a shame and embarrassing? Have I missed something recently?

• Like 1

I've seen people that won't listen to him because "he's too conservative".

• Like 1

Imo his early work was anti war and liberal. Now he is ... well lets leave it at that.

He said some seriously ignorant shit in the past few years.

What shame.

Bad case of nugentitis. Or vaginitis?

Smegmabreth....

I've seen people that won't listen to him because "he's too conservative".

That and his new stuff sucks.

Last great megadeth record was youthanasia.

Saw that tour at red rocks with korn as openers.

Imo his early work was anti war and liberal. Now he is ... well lets leave it at that.

What shame.

Smegmabreth....

I don't pay attention to his interviews. All that matters to me is the music and that he is always very grateful to the fans.

Not sure why you wouldn't like their last album Dystopia? You're pretty not a fan if that album does nothing for you.

What shame.

Smegmabreth....

I don't pay attention to his interviews. All that matters to me is the music and that he is always very grateful to the fans.

Not sure why you wouldn't like their last album Dystopia? You're pretty not a fan if that album does nothing for you.

The music is still pretty good thanks to the newest marty friedman dave hires but his lyrics to me suck nowadays.dave is an all time great riff master.

He had a great run and i am glad you still enjoy them but that ship has sailed for me.

What shame.

Smegmabreth....

The music is still pretty good thanks to the newest marty friedman dave hires but his lyrics to me suck nowadays.dave is an all time great riff master.

He had a great run and i am glad you still enjoy them but that ship has sailed for me.

I don't see much difference in his lyrics today. Still covering the same themes in the same way he's always done.

Edited by J2112YYZ

mustaine being a hardcore right-winger doesn't really bother me, I guess I expect dudes his age to be pretty conservative.

for what it's worth, the guy was making homophobic remarks in interviews as far back as the 80s.

dystopia was a little dull. endgame was the last good megadeth

I'm shocked you gave anything after Rust In Peace a listen.

youthanasia was one of my first metal albums.

I may predominantly listen to metal that's heavier than dream theater, but I'm not that much of an elitist

also, for tangy, I suspect a lot of older metal players are pretty conservative. the difference is mustaine has no filter and doesn't give a shit about alienating fans. not that that's necessarily a bad thing

pretty sure bobby blitz mentioned being a GOP guy in an interview, and I think I remember james hetfield alluding to being fairly conservative on an episode of joe rogan

I just think he says what he thinks like we all do but we forget he's just a musician so we make a bigger deal of it than we need too.

He's a great musician and has a fantastic band. Who cares what he thinks? I don't want my favourite artists to be my ideal best friends, or my idol who I base my life around.

• Like 1

Its quite clear to me that dave becoming sober is when the change started.

Both a decline in quality and more conservative views.

Metal is best served by angry young men as opposed to bitter old men.

Old megadeth good new megadeth bad

Give me btbam or opeth anyday over new deth

Edited by tangy

I've liked "Metallica", and haven't liked "Megadeth", so I voted for by going with "Metallica".