The Jelly Jam

Initially I posted this in the King's X thread, but since this is technically a different topic..... any fans of The Jelly Jam here (Ty Tabor, Rod Morgenstein, and John Myung)...? I just picked up their first album and have their second on order as well. (New album out May 27)

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Great stuff!

I prefer the first album to the second.

You should check out Ty's other side project, Platypus.

They released two albums, "Platypus" and "When Pus Comes to Shove".

Platypus consists of...Ty Tabor, John Myung, Derek Sherinian & Rod Morgenstein.

• Like 1

Are they similar to KX?

I am up for a listen anyway.

Initially I posted this in the King's X thread, but since this is technically a different topic..... any fans of The Jelly Jam here (Ty Tabor, Rod Morgenstein, and John Myung)...? I just picked up their first album and have their second on order as well. (New album out May 27)

Thoughts?

I have the 2nd Jelly Jam album...it's excellent. I haven't given it a listen in a long time, but "Not Today", "Drop the Gun", "Allison", " Coming Round" are killer tracks. Had no idea this was a continuing project.

I found out Dug Pinnick and George Lynch have a band called KXM that has me interested at the moment. I can't seem to keep up with all the non King's X side projects.

Are they similar to KX?

I am up for a listen anyway.

A bit more heavy at times. Myung on the first album is fantastic. JJ2 is a bit more Kings X than the first album, although I'm still absorbing it and their third album Shall We Descend.

Here is Allison from their second album:

Edited by Presto-digitation

From the band's website it looks like it will be available on cd/digi pack.

I'm have to get the 3rd album, Shall We Descend.

I think it's on Ty's website. I just haven't made it there yet. Maybe they will sell it at the shows.

Love them and their latest single "Care" is great. Really looking forward to this next album, which will be their first all-out concept album about Earth and it's finite nature.

Also great, but just a less mature Jelly Jam with keyboards :LOL:

If I were to rank all of the albums:

1. Shall We Descend

2. Jelly Jam 1

3. Jelly Jam 2

4. Ice Cycles (Platypus)

5. When Pus Comes to Shove (Platypus)

I found out Dug Pinnick and George Lynch have a band called KXM that has me interested at the moment. I can't seem to keep up with all the non King's X side projects.

Also an awesome group, but The Jelly Jam is my favorite to spawn from King's X related super groups.

If you don't know about Pinnick Gales Pridgen, be sure to check them out too, they have two albums :)

• Like 1

Love them and their latest single "Care" is great. Really looking forward to this next album, which will be their first all-out concept album about Earth and it's finite nature.

1. Shall We Descend

2. Jelly Jam 1

3. Jelly Jam 2

4. Ice Cycles (Platypus)

I enjoy those two Platypus albums and while I'm at it Explorers Club too.

1. Shall We Descend

2. Jelly Jam 1

3. Jelly Jam 2

4. Ice Cycles (Platypus)

I enjoy those two Platypus albums and while I'm at it Explorers Club too.

That looks like quite the supergroup, nice.

Also an awesome group, but The Jelly Jam is my favorite to spawn from King's X related super groups.

If you don't know about Pinnick Gales Pridgen, be sure to check them out too, they have two albums :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GazRcc3BJ4

:facepalm: Another group I heard of and I forgot about...lol. Great stuff. I really need to do some music shopping.

Dates were just announced. 2 in New York (New York & Poughkeepsie), and one in PA, which has it's promotional poster below.

http://i.imgur.com/q92ujUK.png

I'm starting to doubt they'll be coming to North California now, but I still hope they do. They're one group I really would love to see live.

In any case, exciting news! Be sure to share some performances on youtube ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this tour will be Myung's first time on stage with anyone besides Dream Theater.

It will be.

but despite this feat, I'm much more excited about the possibility of them coming to Northern California.

I desperately would like this supergroup to perform in San Francisco... The Jelly Jam is one of my favorite bands, supergroup or otherwise.

I know they have the fans to support it, it's just a question of whether or not they want to come to, or near, North California or not.

Dates were just announced. 2 in New York (New York & Poughkeepsie), and one in PA, which has it's promotional poster below.

http://i.imgur.com/q92ujUK.png

I'm starting to doubt they'll be coming to North California now, but I still hope they do. They're one group I really would love to see live.

In any case, exciting news! Be sure to share some performances on youtube ;)

They're slowly adding more, so if interested keep checking back. Waiting on confirmation from a couple friends, but looks like I'm going to the Poughkeepsie show.

Edited by stoopid

I don't go to more than maybe a show every year or two. As soon as I heard they were playing nearby I gathered the troops. (2) more going with me, going to be great. Hopefully the new album (which I'm sure they will be playing a lot of) doesn't suck. :P