What album do you think is better - Hemispheres or Moving Pictures?

Lorraine

Hemispheres is just...not for me.

I thought there was a time when you thought it was an awesome album? But I know you have had a tendency to flip-flop on things in the past. :D

It is. But for my taste it is not one I can consistently enjoy. But its also not at all weak.

It took me almost 30 years to be able to appreciate Hold Your Fire and Power Windows, so I understand.

I understand Hemispheres, I just don't think its great. And getting into Yes made it seem all the more overreaching. I think 2112 was better conceptually, and AFTK perfected that prog-Rush sound, and Hems just took it to far and sounds ugly. Geds voice really is a hideous thing to my ears. As offensive as a really screechy Celine Dion or Mariah Carey song.

I thought there was a time when you thought it was an awesome album? But I know you have had a tendency to flip-flop on things in the past. :D

It is. But for my taste it is not one I can consistently enjoy. But its also not at all weak.

It took me almost 30 years to be able to appreciate Hold Your Fire and Power Windows, so I understand.

I understand Hemispheres, I just don't think its great. And getting into Yes made it seem all the more overreaching. I think 2112 was better conceptually, and AFTK perfected that prog-Rush sound, and Hems just took it to far and sounds ugly. Geds voice really is a hideous thing to my ears. As offensive as a really screechy Celine Dion or Mariah Carey song.

I didn't say you didn't understand, I said I understood what you were saying. I felt the same way about HYF and PWs. They were offensive to my ears. I agree with you about Celine Dion and Mariah Carey. I've never liked them either.

I think some albums are more easily appreciated if you are a musician. Hemispheres seems to be one of those.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

I didn't say you didn't understand, I said I understood what you were saying. I felt the same way about HYF and PWs. They were offensive to my ears. I agree with you about Celine Dion and Mariah Carey. I've never liked them either.

I think some albums are more easily appreciated if you are a musician. Hemispheres seems to be one of those.

Aaaah!

And I like some Mariah. Verrrrry little.

• Like 1

Moving Pictures and Hemispheres are like who is the best child in my eyes. On one hand, you have the album that put Rush on the map and on the other, Rush at their highest musical extent. As much as I like Hemispheres, I would have to go with Moving Pictures since that was one of the first Rush albums I listened to.

I never liked Vital Signs and still don't, though the fade out part is OK. It sounds more like a Signals song.

It's not THAT bad to group it with the mostly awful Signals material. I can't believe the amount of dislikes VS receives from fervent Rush fans.

• Like 1

I never liked Vital Signs and still don't, though the fade out part is OK. It sounds more like a Signals song.

It's not THAT bad to group it with the mostly awful Signals material. I can't believe the amount of dislikes VS receives from fervent Rush fans.

Holy Purple Bat Shit Steevo! YOU ARE BACK???????

This is the most exciting news on The Rush Forum since Rush fukking retired! WHAT??????

Humans who think "Vital Signs" is a weak track have no clue about Rush.

Not calling anyone out.

Don't really care.

I'm too old to fight tonight about RUSH music.

I don't get it man.

Humans jack off to the new sonic reissue of "Paper Shit Trails" and rip "Vital Signs." LOL!!!!

To each their own.

I am 49.

I grew up with RUSH since I was 14.

So opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one.

You can continue to thread and post and type trying to change opinions of humans.

We are all stuck in our own ways man.

Fukk it.

MP is a brilliant perfect masterpiece, but HEMISPHERES will be my number one album over all music until I die.

Simple.

STEEVO!!!!!

I still have your Cinderella Tour Book silly dude!

Love,

"DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT UNTIL IT'S GONE!"

I am sadly divorced Steve but my life is BETTER!

Irony kills my soul.

Ciao amigo

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

STEEVO!

"BACK FOR MORE!"

Love

RATT

I will never change my friend.

No woman, no man, no friend, no admin will ever change me.

Yeah needed a rest, back for more indeed my friend. Good to see the madness never left this place. Everything is how it should be! Cinderella and Ratt is where it's at!! Need to revive some old threads soon eh? :LOL: :cheers:

I also don't think much of Signals.

• Like 1

Tell me which songs you will favour from it? I guess it's 3/8 for me. It's overrated, prob because the followup to MP fever. Dunno, took a nosedive but then they redeemed again with GUP so all was not lost!

Tell me which songs you will favour from it? I guess it's 3/8 for me. It's overrated, prob because the followup to MP fever. Dunno, took a nosedive but then they redeemed again with GUP so all was not lost!

The song I love:

Losing it

The songs I personally like:

The Weapon

Countdown

The songs I don't dislike but do not particularly care for:

Subdivisions

The Analog Kid (stunning chorus)

The rest is "meh".

Digital Man and Chemistry make me want to go deaf.

The song I love:

Losing it

The songs I personally like:

The Weapon

Countdown

The songs I don't dislike but do not particularly care for:

Subdivisions

The Analog Kid (stunning chorus)

The rest is "meh".

Digital Man and Chemistry make me want to go deaf.

Interesting choices...

1. Subdivisions

2. The Analog Kid

3. The Weapon

:huh:

Moving Pictures because of the replay value, and there is 7 solid songs instead of 4 solid songs.

That's a new one. So if they had split Side 1

Of hemispheres into 4 different song titles giving it a total of 7 would that make it better? They both have 40 or so minutes of musical genius and that's the greatness of both.

Hemispheres gets my vote but it's close. Witch Hunt is a total miss in my opinion and Camera Eye is just ok for me. Everything on Hemispheres blows those 2 away. But I think side 1 of MP is the best side of one album ever IMO.

My fav album is the one in between the 2 of them. Permanent Waves is my #1 but those 3 in succcession are the pinnacle and peak of Rudh's career for me.

I was always curious about Neil's comment that MP is he album where they really came together as a band. To me, he kind of discounted the previous stuff as them figuring it out and MP and all the stuff afterwards was when Rush really became a great band.

• Like 1

:musicnote:...The Universe divided

As the Heart and Mind collided

With the people left unguided

For so many troubled years

In a cloud of doubts and fears

Their world was torn asunder

Into hollow hemispheres

Some fought themselves, some fought each other

Most just followed one another

Lost and aimless like their brothers

For their Hearts were so unclear