What album do you think is better - Hemispheres or Moving Pictures?

Lorraine

I would have done a poll but no one goes into Feedback.

I'm listening to Moving Pictures. And I must say that listening to Queen for a week has given me a new and better appreciation of Rush. Not being disparaging of Queen, but after having listened to them, I really do appreciate Rush all the more.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand! :)

Listening to Moving Picture and there is not one bad or mediocre song on the album. It is a 7/7 win. No wonder it got them out of debt.

It could almost be my favorite Rush album.

Which album do you think is better?

Does everybody have mixed feelings?

• Like 4

Hemispheres for me.

I always felt MP......Classic as it is......closed a little weakly with Witch Hunt and Vital Signs.

Hemispheres is perfection through and though.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 7

Hemispheres for me.

I always felt MP......Classic as it is......closed a little weakly with Witch Hunt and Vital Signs.

Mick

I agree about the last two songs on the album, but I thought to myself that it isn't easy having an album with seven winning songs on it, and that's what Rush did with MP.

Hemispheres is on another level and it almost didn't seem fair to put it and MP alongside one another, but I was wondering what others here thought.

• Like 1

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

I agree about the last two songs on the album, but I thought to myself that it isn't easy having an album with seven winning songs on it, and that's what Rush did with MP.

Hemispheres is on another level and it almost didn't seem fair to put it and MP alongside one another, but I was wondering what others here thought.

yea and that's not taking a thing away from MP. It just like builds to the camera Eye. which sounds like it could have been a closer. then the last 2 kinda just sit there. also when i feel i might warm to Witch Hunt.......it ends. kinda abruptly.

i know a lot will disagree but what else is new, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

Vital Signs is the best Rush song, evar!

• Like 3

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

That's a joke right?
  • Like 1

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

yea and that's not taking a thing away from MP. It just like builds to the camera Eye. which sounds like it could have been a closer. then the last 2 kinda just sit there. also when i feel i might warm to Witch Hunt.......it ends. kinda abruptly.

Mick

Actually I agree with you, except for Witch Hunt. To me it's Vital Signs that kills the train. Not a bad song, but should've been left for later.

Like Signals later

• Like 3

Well

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

i guess if you enjoy the Police.......which i do not.

Mick

• Like 1

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

Mick

Actually I agree with you, except for Witch Hunt. To me it's Vital Signs that kills the train. Not a bad song, but should've been left for later.

Like Signals later

ya i hear ya......it Sticks out so badly on MP.

Mick

• Like 1

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

Mick

Like Signals later

Mick

I look at it as foreshadowing. A taste of what was coming next.

• Like 5

"Hemispheres" by a country mile.

Of course, I love both albums, but "A Farewell to Kings" and "Hemispheres" are Rush inspired and influenced by Rush.

"Moving Pictures" is where the band began incorporating external influences such as The Police into their music.

Not a bad thing, just a different approach to making music.

• Like 6

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

Geddy's voice isn't perfection though. It hurts much of the vibe. Musically no doubt it's great, but if you're singing too high, you're singing too high. The band admits they missed it.

However, I respect your opinion and genuinely care that you have it. America--what a country!

Hemispheres #1 among

these folks

http://www.amsterdamcannabis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/cannabis-cup-2.png

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

Mick

Like Signals later

Mick

I look at it as foreshadowing. A taste of what was coming next.

Exactly...well said.

Well

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

Mick

I'm not a fan of The Police and I love Vital Signs. Never even once thought of them when listening to that song.

MP is the album I like better.

• Like 1

"Hemispheres" by a country mile.

Of course, I love both albums, but "A Farewell to Kings" and "Hemispheres" are Rush inspired and influenced by Rush.

"Moving Pictures" is where the band began incorporating external influences such as The Police into their music.

Not a bad thing, just a different approach to making music.

That's what I meant when I said that I thought Hemispheres is on "another level," but I didn't know how to put into the right words.

I chose those two albums because I think, if I remember correctly, they are the two most fans like the most.

• Like 1

Well

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

Mick

That's right. I forgot - Sting (almost typed Stink :laughing yellow guy: ) and his faux jamaican accent, right?

• Like 1

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion when it comes to Rush and their music.

They shouldn't be badgered for holding an opinion that isn't an "approved one."

Where's this approval board? Certainly not the YBG editorial board

Well

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

Mick

That's right. I forgot - Sting (almost typed Stink :laughing yellow guy: ) and his faux jamaican accent, right?

yea. When i heard the Rhythm of Vital Signs. i rolled my eyes, lol

Mick

Well

Hemispheres for me.

Mick

Mick

You know what my favorite Sting lyric is???

Don't stand

Dont stand so

Dont stand so close to Sting.

• Like 4