Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

willowroolz

Just saw it for a third time and man am I impressed!! Anyway, got a question that could be a spoiler so,,,, spoiler alert!!!

Spoiler question:

When the stormtroopers are ambushed in the desert city and their was a great (IMO) battle in the city, did it remind any of you of Black Hawk Down?? For some reason I kept thinking that it was a Star Wars version of Black Hawk Down. I very much enjoyed both the fight in this movie and that movie - just wondered if any of you had the same reaction.

What a movie!!

It very well could have been. I read/saw where Episode VII paid homage to scenes from other great movies.

I've always thought that Episode IV was inspired heavily by WW2 genre movies. The Empire is very much like Nazis, with their uniforms, shape of their helmets, even to the point of using the term "stormtrooper". And the escape of the Millenium Falcon from the Deathstar was like an air attack on a B-17 from ME 109s.

Great point about WW2. Totally agree. The escape from the Death Star was always my favorite part of the movie and yes, I had the exact reaction / feeling you speak of concerning a B-17 & ME 109's. Loved Han & Luke up in those turrets.

Lucas is literally on record confirming all of this. They modeled the tie/X-wing etc moves on wwii dogfight scenes and everything about the movie was heavily influenced by the movies of his youth.

Rogue One officially crossed the $1 billion mark. Safe to say there will be a sequel.

Not in that particular storyline......

• Like 1

So apparently Vader's scene at the end was a late decision reshooting schedule scene not originally planned. Oh my, that scene alone earns the film a whole extra star.

It was a smart move. If Vader had made a mere "cameo appearance" in the film, where he didn't do anything notable, fans would have been really disappointed.

I agree.

that was kick ass. here is my current ranking of the Star Wars movies

A New Hope

Empire

Force Awakens

Rogue One

Revenge of The Sith

Jedi

Phantom

Clones

That's pretty close to what I had. I would have switched Force Awakens and Rouge One and Revenge of the Sith and Jedi. But yours is good too.

• Like 2

Rogue One officially crossed the $1 billion mark. Safe to say there will be a sequel.

As above post shows, they made the sequel first

I think I missed the humor on that one..... :doh: :LOL:

I was thinking, "Another film between Rogue One and A New Hope? Impossible!" Silly me.....

As above post shows, they made the sequel first

I think I missed the humor on that one..... :doh: :LOL:

I was thinking, "Another film between Rogue One and A New Hope? Impossible!" Silly me.....

No problem you caught up fast enough.

So apparently Vader's scene at the end was a late decision reshooting schedule scene not originally planned. Oh my, that scene alone earns the film a whole extra star.

It was a smart move. If Vader had made a mere "cameo appearance" in the film, where he didn't do anything notable, fans would have been really disappointed.

I agree.

that was kick ass. here is my current ranking of the Star Wars movies

A New Hope

Empire

Force Awakens

Rogue One

Revenge of The Sith

Jedi

Phantom

Clones

That's pretty close to what I had. I would have switched Force Awakens and Rouge One and Revenge of the Sith and Jedi. But yours is good too.

I rewatched the original trilogy before I saw Force Awakens and was surprised how bad Jedi was. Does not hold up well. Sith barely edges it out for me

I absolutely can't believe I haven't seen this yet.

I went twice to the theater: Once it was sold out (2 weeks after it was released) and last weekend the theater was closed Sunday morning because of a WATER MAIN BREAK. They had the mall gate down and everything. That never happens! I don't think Big G wants me to see this haha.

FINALLY saw this yesterday!

I tried to put spoiler tags on some of the below TWICE and it didn't work so SPOILERS BELOW:

It's not a bad movie, and it's heaps better than any of the prequel movies and yeah that includes Sith. Though I gotta' be pretty honest almost none of the characters pulled me in at all. The closest might be that new droid, who was really good, and that blind monk. I do like how they all died in the end, which I knew most of them would've but not ALL of them. It makes more sense. For all the poop that TFA gets though that movie had a ton of soul and characters that I really gave a shit about. That is super important in a Star Wars movie. Sure, the battles in R1 were really cool but without the people you care about backing it up... Well, who cares?

I went in knowing about the CGI Peter Cushing and I thought it looked really pretty good. But I also thought the Leia CGI looked pretty good and apparently it's trash so I have to see it again :D

END SPOILERS

Better than Phantom Menance? MEE-SA THINK SO!

But for those who say this is better than Empire?? NO NO NO.

-But those last 3 minutes!

I was actually shouting out in the theater for this part. Something like "YEAH! WOW!" I don't even know haha. It's by far the best part of the entire movie, holy shit sooooo awesome. It might be one of the best moments of the entire franchise. Top 3 easily.

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1