Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

willowroolz

What is the film in 2020 about? Sounds like ROGUE TWO

Don't know. But why would it be Rogue 2? [No Rogue 1 spoilers for those who haven't seen it.]

A Boba Fett prequel sounds much more likely than a Rogue 2 movie. But don't get all erectile on us. I just typed "Boba Fett" as an example.

As long as George Lucas isn't involved, the greater chances of it not being shit.

They already made Rogue 2.

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/Star-Wars-New-Hope-IV-Poster_c217085b.jpeg?region=49%2C43%2C580%2C914&width=480

I remember looking at this when I was a kid. Funny how they make the characters look. Lea is pretty sexy and Luke is ripped.

What does "They already made Rogue 2" mean? Episode IV was Rogue 2? What does that really mean if so?

• Like 1

What is the film in 2020 about? Sounds like ROGUE TWO

Don't know. But why would it be Rogue 2? [No Rogue 1 spoilers for those who haven't seen it.]

A Boba Fett prequel sounds much more likely than a Rogue 2 movie. But don't get all erectile on us. I just typed "Boba Fett" as an example.

As long as George Lucas isn't involved, the greater chances of it not being shit.

They already made Rogue 2.

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/Star-Wars-New-Hope-IV-Poster_c217085b.jpeg?region=49%2C43%2C580%2C914&width=480

I remember looking at this when I was a kid. Funny how they make the characters look. Lea is pretty sexy and Luke is ripped.

What does "They already made Rogue 2" mean? Episode IV was Rogue 2? What does that really mean if so?

It means that the sequel to Rogue 1 is Episode IV. There's no way you could put another movie in between them.

My favorite character was K-2SO. I’m sad that they blew him up because I’d like to see more of him.

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/K-2SO-in-Star-Wars-Rogue-One.jpg

He’s like a cross between a cool C3PO and Vision.

• Like 1

My favorite character was K-2SO. I’m sad that they blew him up because I’d like to see more of him.

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/K-2SO-in-Star-Wars-Rogue-One.jpg

My favorite too.

In regards to the last sentence, yeah kind of.

My favorite too.

In regards to the last sentence, yeah kind of.

Maybe more of Jarvis than Vision.

• Like 1

Loved the attitude.

Definitely a very cool character

C3PO on steroids. Big deal.

• Like 1

LOL

LOL

Howdy, Earl!

LOL

Howdy, Earl!

Hey amigo!!

How's it going???

• Like 1

LOL

Howdy, Earl!

Hey amigo!!

How's it going???

Great! Just living the dream! I may go re-watch Star Wars: Rogue One tomorrow.

I need to rewatch this soon, though I suspect it'll be in theaters for a long time.

I enjoyed the movie, but am a little surprised by the over-the-top love it is getting.

My sense is still that this doesn't measure up to 7, and probably not 6 or 3 either. It had a harder task than those movies (except, possibly, than 7, which had the weight of the world on it).

I need to rewatch this soon, though I suspect it'll be in theaters for a long time.

I enjoyed the movie, but am a little surprised by the over-the-top love it is getting.

My sense is still that this doesn't measure up to 7, and probably not 6 or 3 either. It had a harder task than those movies (except, possibly, than 7, which had the weight of the world on it).

What did you like better about VII? I found the female leads to be equally effective, the male counterparts as well. K2SO was more interesting than BB8 because he speaks English and doesn't just beep. I found the story of rogue one to be more original and interesting which is ironic since much of it was dictated by IV. The technology that is defeated in R1 is more interesting since its fresher than a planet sized object that can destroy planets since that has been done twice already previous 6 movies.

• Like 3

What did you like better about VII? I found the female leads to be equally effective, the male counterparts as well. K2SO was more interesting than BB8 because he speaks English and doesn't just beep. I found the story of rogue one to be more original and interesting which is ironic since much of it was dictated by IV. The technology that is defeated in R1 is more interesting since its fresher than a planet sized object that can destroy planets since that has been done twice already previous 6 movies.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well. VII was almost a remake of Episode IV, which I didn't mind, but it really wasn't that original.

Also, I did not like Kylo Ren for a number of reasons. Why does he wear a helmet? Just to be manacing? Reminds me of this guy:

Helmet_400x400.png

All that being said, I still liked VII; it just wasn't my favorite.

• Like 2

I thought that Rey was infinitely more interesting (and more fleshed out) than Jyn. Finn was less enjoyable, but a again, far more developed than anyone in R1. R1 introduced a bunch of 1-note bit players and ultimately, I didn't care about their fates. It's saying something that I was most invested in K-2. (I thought that Donnie Yen's character was awesome, but I still don't know the character's name. As I said, lack of development). The journeys that the new cast members went on in 7 were just more interesting and fleshed out...there's nothing like that in R1, with the possible exception of Krennic. But Kylo, for all his whining and faults, was far more nuanced and interesting.

I also found the pacing of 7 to be superior. R1 had awesome fight scenes, but it lacked the urgency AND the humor so necessary to Star Wars. The one place where R1 might win is in originality, but even there I don't see much of an edge. Yes, I would have preferred a different end game in the movie, but I didn't see R1 do much different in this regard seeing as where it had to end. So instead of blowing up a Death Star-like station as in 3 of the 7 earlier movies, you get a story of how to blow up a Death Star. It's just not as engaging to me.

But these are still quick takes...as I said I need to watch again to see what I missed the first time around.

I thought that Rey was infinitely more interesting (and more fleshed out) than Jyn. Finn was less enjoyable, but a again, far more developed than anyone in R1. R1 introduced a bunch of 1-note bit players and ultimately, I didn't care about their fates. It's saying something that I was most invested in K-2. (I thought that Donnie Yen's character was awesome, but I still don't know the character's name. As I said, lack of development). The journeys that the new cast members went on in 7 were just more interesting and fleshed out...there's nothing like that in R1, with the possible exception of Krennic. But Kylo, for all his whining and faults, was far more nuanced and interesting.

I also found the pacing of 7 to be superior. R1 had awesome fight scenes, but it lacked the urgency AND the humor so necessary to Star Wars. The one place where R1 might win is in originality, but even there I don't see much of an edge. Yes, I would have preferred a different end game in the movie, but I didn't see R1 do much different in this regard seeing as where it had to end. So instead of blowing up a Death Star-like station as in 3 of the 7 earlier movies, you get a story of how to blow up a Death Star. It's just not as engaging to me.

But these are still quick takes...as I said I need to watch again to see what I missed the first time around.

Interesting thoughts. I do prefer cassian to Finn and yens character is called Chirrut Imwe. I'll be interested in your thoughts after a second viewing. I almost forgot about the issues I had with kylo Ren.

About to see it again. :cheerleader:

I want to see it again too. One of my friends actually said they thought it was boring. He's not a huge Star Wars fan so maybe didn't quite get the nuances. I thought it was great.

Just saw it for a third time and man am I impressed!! Anyway, got a question that could be a spoiler so,,,, spoiler alert!!!

Spoiler question:

When the stormtroopers are ambushed in the desert city and their was a great (IMO) battle in the city, did it remind any of you of Black Hawk Down?? For some reason I kept thinking that it was a Star Wars version of Black Hawk Down. I very much enjoyed both the fight in this movie and that movie - just wondered if any of you had the same reaction.

What a movie!!

Just saw it for a third time and man am I impressed!! Anyway, got a question that could be a spoiler so,,,, spoiler alert!!!

Spoiler question:

When the stormtroopers are ambushed in the desert city and their was a great (IMO) battle in the city, did it remind any of you of Black Hawk Down?? For some reason I kept thinking that it was a Star Wars version of Black Hawk Down. I very much enjoyed both the fight in this movie and that movie - just wondered if any of you had the same reaction.

What a movie!!

Black Hawk Down is one of my favorite movies. I didn't have that thought watching Rogue One but I can definitely see why you did. I loved all of the battles in R1. It was the most gritty of any of the Star Wars movies.

• Like 1

The first step is admitting you have a problem. I paid $6 to watch the last ten minutes of Rogue One in 3D.

Spoiler question:

They were definitely going for a US forces in Iraq during an ambush vibe in that scene.

The first step is admitting you have a problem. I paid $6 to watch the last ten minutes of Rogue One in 3D.

Spoiler question:

They were definitely going for a US forces in Iraq during an ambush vibe in that scene.

You're going to get this thread banished to SOCN.