No long introductory post this time. They're coming out with an LP this year in June--their first in four years.

I can't wait.

http://www.shout.ru/images/releases/items/349_garbage_____strange_little_birds___img.jpg

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 2

I had no idea they even had an album four years ago...

I'm a bit of a fan

I'm a huge fan but they didn't come to Montreal for their Twenty Years Queer tour. I was bummed.

Edited by Day of Light

I had no idea they even had an album four years ago...

Not Your Kind Of People (2012) is a solid comeback album but I personally found it kind of boring. This one sounds a bit more promising.

• Like 1

Saw them in concert in the 90's and they were (and still are) one of my favorite bands. Edited by Leanne

I like Shirley's voice. I believe the song Number One Crush is theirs. Good stuff.

Would prefer to listen to her stuff than any over the top show offs that have no style. She's just smooth.

First 2 albums were excellent. (Garbage and Version 2.0)

3rd (Beautiful Garbage) got a bit too poppy for my taste.

4th (Bleed like me) was somewhat back to form.

Lost track after that.

Shirley's a great live performer, what she does to a blow up doll on a Glastobury clip is quite good viewing.........not the kind of girl you take home to meet Mom, thankfully.

I liked them, but not enough to buy their material or concert tickets. Admired Shirley's sass. I have a secret wish that she smacks the pretty off of Taylor Swift's face.
  • Like 1

I liked them, but not enough to buy their material or concert tickets. Admired Shirley's sass. I have a secret wish that she smacks the pretty off of Taylor Swift's face.

I just saw this post.

In my eyes Shirley's a great role model. Much better than the declawed good-girl persona of Taylor Swift. Of course I can't allow myself to straight up bash her but Shirley just always seemed a lot more real to me, and she's still rocking hard.

• Like 3

In other news the little 5 to 15 second teasers that keep popping up on their social media pages are keeping me hooked. I'm hearing great guitar riffs and a nice, healthy wall of sound; just how I like it!

First 2 albums were excellent. (Garbage and Version 2.0)

3rd (Beautiful Garbage) got a bit too poppy for my taste.

4th (Bleed like me) was somewhat back to form.

Lost track after that.

Shirley's a great live performer, what she does to a blow up doll on a Glastobury clip is quite good viewing.........not the kind of girl you take home to meet Mom, thankfully.

Oh i dunno. Could be a laugh.

• Like 1

Early in their career, when asked about their band's name, they replied, "Well, when we applied to the Official Rock & Roll Band Registry for a name, we learned that there were only two names available - Garbage and Hootie & The Blowfish....."

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Early in their career, when asked about their band's name, they replied, "Well, when we applied to the Official Rock & Roll Band Registry for a name, we learned that there were only two names available - Garbage and Hootie & The Blowfish....."

Garbage is from your neck of the woods.

Yep...I saw the second live gig they ever played, at the Cabaret Metro, in Chicago- November of '95. The first was in Madison, WI, because that's where Butch Vig was living at the time, I think.

Yep...I saw the second live gig they ever played, at the Cabaret Metro, in Chicago- November of '95. The first was in Madison, WI, because that's where Butch Vig was living at the time, I think.

Yes. Butch is from Wisconsin. The other two guys from Garbage have been in Madison for at least 30 years, playing with Butch in bands like Spooner and Fire Town.

The Cabaret Metro brings back memories. I saw Bob Mould their back in the early 90s. There was a bar downstairs from the Metro, called "the Smart Bar". Spent a few evenings tying one on there. :LOL:

Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 1

Loved the debut album.....everything else after?

Meh.

I wouldn't recognize a single song of theirs.

In an unrelated note, I just found out that the leader of Weezer (Rivers Cuomo) was in my Music Theory class freshman year at UConn in '87. He was the hair metal kid from the local high school. He went by a different name then. I remember talking to him about Stryper, of all things!