Your Best Albums/Artists Of The New Millennium

Segue Myles

Okay, finally my time to share some of my favorite albums/bands of the new millennium...

I've notice Segue already mentioned them briefly once here, but I'm going ahead with actually posting a song of theirs. I think anyone who pays attention to my posts on the Albums thread would see that this band has been a staple in my listening trend for the past two years. Screw the unfortunate name nowadays, but Isis are quite honestly one of my all time favorite metal bands of the new millennium and Panopticon is one of my all time favorite metal albums of the new millennium. I know their sophomore album Oceanic is generally considered to be their most critically acclaimed release but in the words of its frontman Aaron Turner, they truly peaked on Panopticon.

Garden Of Light is my favorite song of theirs but ironically it's not on Panopticon nor Oceanic, but the album that succeeded the former; In The Absence Of Truth. What they do during the last half of this song being the pantheon example of why this band's special to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVlNITMlyFQ

And to be quite honest, in my personal opinion, they've achieved what very few bands can honestly say they've done; realizing what they wanted to achieve artistically with the band and once they've done all that they could as a band, disband while still on the top of their game. I actually hope that they never reunite in my lifetime (and based on what the guys in the band have said since their breakup and the projects they've done collectively since, a reunion). And as easy as it is to say that just because of their band name, on a serious note, when they disbanded 6 years ago, they went out on top during their farewell tour with a definite finale and it should stay that way.

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

I'm coming in late to this thread because my real computer (and thus most of my music) is in storage so I can only go by memory here. Off the top of my head, here are some new artists/albums I like.

Muse (some)

The Killers (some)

Ghost!

Nightwish (newer albums)

Symphony X (ditto)

Rush - Clockwork Angels!

Oh dear, why can't I remember more?! I'm not one of those people who only listens to old stuff. Oh well, maybe more will come to me later...

Communic.

You introduced them over in That Metal Thread awhile back.

Hee hee, I was just listening to them this afternoon, too!

Here's another "new" band I'm into right now. I saw them this past Tuesday for only $12 and boy they had a trippy video/light show.

I am too lazy to check...is this the band that had an album called Null?

Here's another "new" band I'm into right now. I saw them this past Tuesday for only $12 and boy they had a trippy video/light show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc9mfvBZxdQ

Yep, Null was their debut EP.

And the follow up was an album called Void?

I loved these guys way back then! Wow I forgot all about them.

That's correct. Void being their full length debut. They're a really great band. They were part of the most bizarre bill (though I had a blast seeing it) I've ever seen which included them, TesseracT, Cult of Luna and Katatonia (the Swedes being headliners w/Katatonia closing the show) and that was how I got introduced to them.

• Like 1

That's correct. Void being their full length debut. They're a really great band. They were part of the most bizarre bill (though I had a blast seeing it) I've ever seen which included them, TesseracT, Cult of Luna and Katatonia (the Swedes being headliners w/Katatonia closing the show) and that was how I got introduced to them.

Phenomenal line up! BTW...ever checked out Khoma? Melodic but very atmospheric alt-rock featuring members of Cult Of Luna. I highly recommend The Second Wave.

Phenomenal line up! BTW...ever checked out Khoma? Melodic but very atmospheric alt-rock featuring members of Cult Of Luna. I highly recommend The Second Wave.

Nope, but I will now!

• Like 1

Nope, but I will now!

Khoma were for years on constant rotation. I am sort of burned out but I replayed The Second Wave recently and it just got better! Mega fave of mine!

I've somehow missed this thread. I've discovered two great thrash bands that have been around since the later 2000's. Havok & Vektor. You may find the vocals a little off putting but they are fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I9vnAxCvWY

Great call on Vektor .... A little bit of Voivod in there, which to me is a great thing

Edited by Lucas