Has anyone seen Batman v Superman?

ReRushed

My niece saw it last night. She gave it a D+. She said it was an incoherent mess. In her opinion, half of the film was just a clumsy setup for future DC films.

She did give Affleck a good review, though. :eh:

My niece saw it last night. She gave it a D+. She said it was an incoherent mess. In her opinion, half of the film was just a clumsy setup for future DC films.

This is pretty much the consensus of the critics. I wanted this movie to be good, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

Man Of Steel is my favourite Superman movie. Loved it, flaws aside.

Also just found out my best friend loved the new one, so I have high hopes!

This is pretty much the consensus of the critics. I wanted this movie to be good, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

For starters, I'm not a fan of this latest version of Superman and his backstory. Add in Ben Affleck as Batman, a nauseating new version of Lex Luthor, and Zack Snyder's "Let's knock over even MORE skyscrapers!" direction, and you get a film that I have no intention of seeing.

I'll go see the other films, though. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash..... I still have hope in them.

• Like 2

I just kind of figured that DC was blowing their wad in an attempt to catch up with Avengers. It would've been silly if Marvel had ONLY done Iron Man then jumped straight into Avengers...which it looks like DC is somewhat doing here with Man of Steel then this.

I thought Man of Steel had plenty of issues but I still found much of it to be enjoyable. So, I'll still catch this within the next week or so.

As for Ben, I think he's ok occasionally. He's obviously no Daniel Day Lewis but he's also no Shia LeShitball either.

• Like 2

Shia LeShitball

He was great in...er...well...um...

A robot punched him in I, Robot. That was great!

• Like 3

Thanks for the info! Husband was thinking of going but was also put off by the reviews . . . .

I keep reading things about this movie that make me believe that Zack Snyder has no idea, whatsoever, what he is doing.

I'm planning on seeing it this weekend and I fully expect to enjoy a colossal train wreck of storytelling and film making.

NO ONE can tell me WHY Batman is angry with Superman

Did Batman hit on Lois Lane? Did Superman throw the Batmobile into the Sun??

Does Metropolis have a problem with Batman and his South Boston accent?

Is the Daily Planet the TMZ of the Comic Book World and write Bruce Wayne is dating a Kardashian?

Does Ben Affleck find his missing wife in this film too?

OH WAIT...NOW I get it...No one really cares.

Is the Daily Planet the TMZ of the Comic Book World and write Bruce Wayne is dating a Kardashian?

Thought the trailers pretty much explained why:

Supes & Zod's big building blowup blowout bonanza resulted in the death of someone connected to Bruce...there's that clip of Bruce consoling some little girl in the city wreckage, no? I assume that's a flashback of Wayne witnessing Supes & Zod battling it out and causing an insane number of deaths.

As I haven't seen it yet, this is just my guess.

Shia LeShitball

:LOL:

Didn't see that. But since he gets decked, I might watch it now! :LOL:

I love I, Robot and it's equal to Blade Runner in my eyes.

CALL ME CRAZY BUT YES I LOVE IT THAT MUCH!

Sorely underrated...amazing everything. Even if it does stray from the source material (quite a bit, actually).

Shia LeShitball

Sorely underrated...amazing everything. Even if it does stray from the source material (quite a bit, actually).

I avoided it due to Will Smith...he was decent in I Am Legend but I dislike all the "I have GOT to get me one of THESE" ID4, Wild Wild West, et cetera movies.

And speaking of Will Smith & DC, I don't care about Suicide Squad. I like Leto as an actor BUT the other characters make it look too crowded and fluffy.

• Like 2

Shia LeShitball

I avoided it due to Will Smith...he was decent in I Am Legend but I dislike all the "I have GOT to get me one of THESE" ID4, Wild Wild West, et cetera movies.

And speaking of Will Smith & DC, I don't care about Suicide Squad. I like Leto as an actor BUT the other characters make it look too crowded and fluffy.

He gives one of his best performances and the film is bigger than his ego.

Shia LeShitball

I am going for Margot Robbie. My bae.

Shia LeShitball

I am going for Margot Robbie. My bae.

Well, she DOES look good naked. Though unfortunately, I'm sure Harley Quinn won't be.

Where did you come up with this analysis? The LAME SAUCE recipe from a very bad fortune cookie?

• Like 1

Shia LeShitball

That was Shia LeSh--- LeBeo... how do you spell his name anyway? :o

• Like 1

Shia LeShitball

That was Shia LeSh--- LeBeo... how do you spell his name anyway? :o

Yes! I thought he was a cool teen actor...then he grew up and became...eugh

Skip the reviews and the biased critics. This movie ruled.

I can't afford to skip the reviews. We were going to take the kids to see it. But after finding out that Batman is an angry antihero, doing things like stabbing someone in the chest, blowing others away with a machine gun...no thanks. And that Superman also puts his own needs and desires ahead public safety...the Lois Lane bathtub scene...etc., etc...again, no thanks.

I read one review that it was such a dark and disturbing film that there were kids who walked out of the theatre crying.

But aside from the kids factor...after reading about it, I don't know if I even want to see it myself. I did, before I read anything about it. But I think I'm going to pass, for now.

Batman is fiercely opposed to anyone having absolute power. As his mission is to stop criminals (who naturally have no regard for law and order), he sees Superman as a potential "ultimate criminal" - someone who can and will do anything he wants, without any regard for the damage he does.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1