New Neil update

EagleMoon

Interesting story. Yeah, he was very lucky to avoid more serious injury. And I loved the quote about surviving motorcycling (make sure something else kills you first).

Last line of the article sounds like another subtle hint that he's done playing live.

• Like 1

Interesting story. Yeah, he was very lucky to avoid more serious injury. And I loved the quote about surviving motorcycling (make sure something else kills you first).

Last line of the article sounds like another subtle hint that he's done playing live.

Yeah I would say so too.

Yeah I would say so too.

As if it hadn't been said before.

The bike was still running and his "rain jacket" was not even torn

Sounds like ol' Neil forgot to put the kickstand down before getting off the bike

What do you ride?

seriously, when I was 12 I got my first bike - a Honda XL75 ... That was the 1970s ......... I only ride dirt bikes, as my sister was hit while on the back of a bike by someone who ran a red light - that was an awful phone call, but she survived and is fine now - 20 years later

I have a Honda CR 500 and love it

• Like 1

Yeah I would say so too.

about as subtle a hint as not wanting to embrace fans & fame in Limelight

• Like 2

Sounds like ol' Neil forgot to put the kickstand down before getting off the bike

What do you ride?

seriously, when I was 12 I got my first bike - a Honda XL75 ... That was the 1970s ......... I only ride dirt bikes, as my sister was hit while on the back of a bike by someone who ran a red light - that was an awful phone call, but she survived and is fine now - 20 years later

Your sister is way cooler than you! ;)

• Like 1

What do you ride?

Your sister is way cooler than you! ;)

I've known that for years !!!

edit

PROUDLY known that !

:D

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4

Yeah I would say so too.

except that it wasn't subtle. I hate the way he calls Geddy & Alex "the Guys at Work"
  • Like 1

Yeah I would say so too.

except that it wasn't subtle. I hate the way he calls Geddy & Alex "the Guys at Work"

I like it. why does it bother you?

When Peter Tork left the Monkees, Mike Nesmith bought him a gold watch and had it inscribed, "From the Guys At Work". Its meant to be tounge in cheek thats all.

Heard it before. Great quote. I had an interest to get into motorcycling right up until I watched my buddy almost die getting t-boned on his at 40mph; sliding across 4 lanes of traffic and a median. Unlike Neil he was not wearing much in the way of proper riding equipment, save a helmet. Haven't had a desire to touch paved roads with two wheels for a second since.

And yeah, he seems to be slowly easing it on.

I've had six or so motorcycles over the years. I learned to ride in the dirt and loved it. Even though most of my riding has been on the street I never felt comfortable at higher speeds, and this article nailed the reason; the risk of injury is so much higher. Ive crashed a million times in the dirt and never came away with more than a bruise, but even a minor low side like Neil had can kill a person. He really was lucky.

And yeah, he is definitely retired. :(

• Like 2

I have never had the desire to get on a motorcycle. From the time I was a child I just thought those things could kill me.

I have plenty of friends who ride and enjoy it, despite accidents and such.

To each his own. It never ceases to amaze me the accidents people get into on bikes even if not their own fault.

Of course don't take it from me, I don't drive fast cars or ride roller coasters either.

I'll keep my feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars !

Yeah I would say so too.

I like it. why does it bother you?

When Peter Tork left the Monkees, Mike Nesmith bought him a gold watch and had it inscribed, "From the Guys At Work". Its meant to be tounge in cheek thats all.

I agree D-Dad.

It's just another term of affection he has for them. In the real world I rarely call my brothers "brothers". I say "B-Boys" ((that is, "Blaze")). Rush has already said in interviews that they've got a million nicknames for each other. That generally comes through countless, close experiences with one another. Hell, some the B-Boys' nicknames include "Thunderhead", "Duke", "Filipino Beef", "The Man Who Can Make Jell-O Crunch", and "Clockwork Orange". Nobody outside of family would know what they all mean. Additionally, anyone outside of family hearing it by chance might think a few are even disrespectful. The exact opposite actually. I take it the same goes for Peart when he refers to Geddy & Alex as "The Guys at Work".

• Like 2

Most of my friends ride or have ridden and some are no longer with us.It comes with the job.I havn't been on a bike in over ten years lost my nerve.

My heart bleeds for Neil...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ytHEHleI8aY/Ux7uUS8xQ4I/AAAAAAAAGYY/-M9pxMAeW1g/s1600/dicentra-2-bleeding-heart-exotic-top-10-best-beautiful-spectacular-world-wallpaper-free.jpg

• Like 1

You guys really need to find another hobby. Yeah! Neil isn't hurt! Please God let Neil play the drums again with RUSH!

That's all you care about.

The Neil Peart Drama Club. Move the fuckk on seriously.

Neil is a big boy. He made his choice. "Freewill" remember?

Glad he can still well "RIDES AGAIN!"

James Gang!!!

You guys are so desperate to type about Rush stuff on here.

Good for you.

Eventually you have to take the fuckking pacifier or mother's teat from your mouth and let it go.

Obviously Neil is still a seeking attention whore by posting his monthly drama.

Good luck to Neil.

Family First.

As for Geddy and Alex, who cares.

I'm hoping Alex puts out a solo album that fuckinng shreds. Produced by Steven Wilson. Bass tracks by Lee, Hamm, Claypool. Drums by Peart, Phillps, Wecki. Alexander, Carey.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

http://s26.postimg.org/kymva629l/Neil_Jump01.jpg

You guys really need to find another hobby. Yeah! Neil isn't hurt! Please God let Neil play the drums again with RUSH!

James Gang!!!

Good for you.

Eventually you have to take the fuckking pacifier or mother's teat from your mouth and let it go.

Good luck to Neil.

Family First.

I'm hoping Alex puts out a solo album that fuckinng shreds. Produced by Steven Wilson. Bass tracks by Lee, Hamm, Clayppool. Drums by Peart, Phillps, Wecki. Alexander, Carey.

http://s26.postimg.org/kymva629l/Neil_Jump01.jpg

So fukking funny! I was going to say Evel Peart!!! Classic. Lucas you are the real deal.

• Like 1

James Gang!!!

Good for you.

Good luck to Neil.

Family First.

I'm hoping Alex puts out a solo album that fuckinng shreds. Produced by Steven Wilson. Bass tracks by Lee, Hamm, Claypool. Drums by Peart, Phillps, Wecki. Alexander, Carey.

And yet you care enough about it to make puns and jokes. Pot calling kettle I say. :LOL:

• Like 1

James Gang!!!

Good for you.

Good luck to Neil.

Family First.

And yet you care enough about it to make puns and jokes. Pot calling kettle I say. :LOL:

Hahahahahahaha! I am off to bed but yep! Great call my dear! I don't smoke pot but I do cook with one. Kettle? No thanks. I drink beer not tea.

So I am "Closer To The Heart" than one thinks.

On that note, farewell my madrigal maiden.

I'm off to dream of Neil's cock and balls on my flaccid face. LOL

• Like 2