Day of Light

2112 vs The Astonishing  

39 members have voted

1. 1. 2112 vs The Astonishing

• The Astonishing

Because I mentioned this in the other topic. I think it's a closer and more relevant comparison, as 2112 and The Astonishing share similar themes, while Scenes does not.
  • Like 1

Something tells me this poll may end up a little one sided

It's very possible!

The Astonishing isn't very well-liked. But then again I think it's an honest effort worth comparing. Even if it's a landslide victory towards 2112.

:laughing guy:

2112. The Astonishing doesn't come close to DT's best work, even if I like it.

Agreed!

The Astonishing is a good album,but that's it.It's good,but nowhere near at the summit of classic DT albums!

Alex's solo in "Soliloquy" is better than any Petrucci effort....he can do more with one note than Petrucci can do with twenty.

Oh, and 2112 urinates all over The Astonishing from the highest cliff imaginable.

• Like 2

The first half of Astonishing is good, the second disc is blah, my vote goes to 2112.

That sounds like a bummer for me. I was hoping the 2nd part would blow me away....we'll see. Disc 1 for me is good, but I guess I was hoping for something more.

The first half of Astonishing is good, the second disc is blah, my vote goes to 2112.

That sounds like a bummer for me. I was hoping the 2nd part would blow me away....we'll see. Disc 1 for me is good, but I guess I was hoping for something more.

Personally I remember liking Act 2 more than Act 1.

Personally I remember liking Act 2 more than Act 1.

I should get to listen to Act 2 soon. I'll keep an open mind for sure.

He's wrong, the second half is pure awesome!

Flowers, and bacon Edited by Tick

2112 vs Astonishing. LOL. Come on now......

Maybe if DT had written a shorter, tighter record there would be a comparison....

I think the DT record is quite good, but it's a different animal than 2112, even if the story seems similar.

Edited by grep

Ones a classic.

One will be forgotten by the end of the year.