TRF March Madness 2016 Bracket Group!

The Analog Cub

We did this last year and it turned out to be a lot of fun! I have created a bracket group on ESPN for the 2016 NCAA men's basketball tournament. If you've never done it before, it's simple. If you're a March Madness veteran, welcome back!

This is entirely free and just for fun. No gambling whatsoever. The only purpose of this is to laugh at your fellow TRFers as their teams get upset by some team they never paid any mind to :fury:

What to do:

1. Go here: http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2016/en/group?groupID=1089175

2. To play, you need to sign in. If you don't have an account, you can either sign in through ESPN or through your Facebook account if you are willing, at the top right of the webpage. Follow the instructions.

3. Once the tournament bracket drops, start making your brackets! For this group, you can have a maximum of 2. We did this last year and it went very well.

4. You can join the group once you've created a bracket. You'll need to enter the password.

Password: 2112

Then you're good to go!

How do you fill out your bracket?

That's up to you. You can research the matchups as much as you want, or not at all. As the games go on, depending on how well you picked the games, you get points!

The purpose of having a group for everyone to join is to compete against each other and whoever has the most points wins!

Maximum 2 brackets per person. Any more than that would be too many and too easy for people to escape.

If for some reason when you sign up and join the group under a different username, either PM me or post in the thread and I'll display your username alongside your TRF username.

In addition, there's also an app for this on Android and iOS. Install ESPN Tournament Challenge if you wanna check it on your phone.

Let me know if you run across any problems, and of course, keep us updated on your brackets so we can post the scores in TRF as well.

Let the Madness begin!

• Like 3

Once the tournament bracket drops, everyone has till the round of 64 to get their maximum of 2 brackets in before it locks, so don't dick around.

I can do a first four pool. That separates the men from the boys...

• Like 3

I already picked Cal. It could happen!

The Big Ten not doing well so far. Iowa at a seven was kind of low IMO. Md was probably a 4 or 5.

BTW, just name the teams...they're dragging this out WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

Are the Hoosiers and Cyclones destined to meet as a 4-5?

BTW, just name the teams...they're dragging this out WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

Are the Hoosiers and Cyclones destined to meet as a 4-5?

I don't think ISU gets that high. Probably a 6 or 7. Hoosiers should get a 3 IMO.

f**k off Bill Self! GTFO my TV!

They've got to do something to keep from announcing actual names....

• Like 1

Uggh.

There's no team I'd like to lose to less.

And a BIg Ten championship and a 5 seed? WTF?

• Like 1

Some of the weirdest seeding I've ever seen. Kansas, as the overall #1, gets a really tough bracket. Michigan State got hosed. Virginia?? They didn't even win their league regular or post season tourney. UK beats Texas A&M yet gets a lower seed?

Crazy.

Or stupid. The worst job the committee has ever done.

The Big Ten in general got screwed. Kentucky deserved a higher seed than A&M...And the PAC 12 is very overstretched.

Uggggh...It's like getting clothes as a kid on Christmas. I'm less excited about the tourney since the seeds were announced.

I have no f***ing clue how Indiana only gets a 5. That's BS.

15-3 and Big Ten champs. And a 5 seed. I don't get it.

South Dakota State is my Cinderella team, making it to the final four, only to lose to Duke, who loses to Indiana in the final. Indiana beats Sparty in the final four. Sorry Bowl City, I got the Cyclones losing in the elite 8.

That first bracket was my "I'm not picking the teams I hate bracket." I blocked against teams I hate, such as NC, Miami, Cal, Southern Cal, etc.

ISU gets a 4! Can we beat Purdue though if we make it past Iona, though...

Purdue is REALLY good. Unless you can press them. In kenpom, they're number #10 in the country.

I think the reason MI State didn't get a #1 seed is due to their RPI which was 11. Virginia and the other #1's had single digits.

Yep. Oregon was a regular and post-season champ with a stronger overall resume. State was close, but not quite a #1.