The Official ABBA Thread: "Thank You For The Music, For Giving It To Me! Prog Pop Princesses And Professors! Regression To The Dancing Mean!

RUSHHEAD666

I thought for sure I started this years ago or perhaps even Myles started one.

Truly ABBA are pioneers of the prog pop movement. If you don't agree then hey, it's all good.

This band turned down half a billion dollars to do a world tour reunion because Agnatha suffered from stage fright. Unreal.

So anyway back in the Seventies when ABBA was at their APEX, they actually generated more revenue than the VOLVO Corporation. Yet another Swedish "company."

I think every song by ABBA is a HIT.

Each record is perfect.

As far as the marriage issues went in this group I like to compare Fleetwood Mac. The four members in ABBA eventually divorced hence making their songwriting even stronger. JMO

Many songs in the ABBA Canon are about cheating and break ups.

If you notice on the last album "The Visitors" it is the only album where the couples are not together. They are all separated on the cover.

So my point about bringing up Fleetwood Mac is that that band went through a similar situation. Stevie and Lindsey divorced. Jon and Christie McVie divorced.

Hence they made "Rumors." EPIC.

My point is, some bands like Guns N Roses or Cream can make great records while doing heroin.

Some incredible bands like ABBA and MAC can write epic records through heartache and loss.

ABBA is in my TOP TEN.

Sorry kids if you do get it.

The "Arrival" of this thread was meant to be............................................

• Like 1

Count me in with the just don't get it crowd. And like with KISS or Ghost I am totally fine with that.

Strike THREE!! YOU'RE OUT!! LOL!

ABBA

KISS

GHOST

You hate them.

Your new nickname is KAG.

LOL

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

No band comes close to ABBA for great melodies.

In my mind the greatest pop band of all time. Greatest band of all time? That as well...I love The Beatles, but ABBA impress me more vocally and melodically.

• Like 2

Count me in with the just don't get it crowd. And like with KISS or Ghost I am totally fine with that.

Strike THREE!! YOU'RE OUT!! LOL!

ABBA

KISS

GHOST

You hate them.

Your new nickname is KAG.

LOL

GAK!!!

The sound the internet makes when a h8r posts a trollish review. :LOL:

I may have heard 2 or 3 abba songs in my life. Meh

Come on AW! YOU LOVE ABBA! You love PROG, You love POP! You love sexy Swedish women in white boots and white skirts!! You love MELODY! You love harmonizing vocals! You love slick guitar riffs and keyboard landscapes!

You my friend are indeed a SUPER TROUPER!!!!

No band comes close to ABBA for great melodies.

In my mind the greatest pop band of all time. Greatest band of all time? That as well...I love The Beatles, but ABBA impress me more vocally and melodically.

You said it all! ABBA is the greatest pop band of all time.

I love the Beatles too but I tend to listen to ABBA more.

• Like 1

Come on AW! YOU LOVE ABBA! You love PROG, You love POP! You love sexy Swedish women in white boots and white skirts!! You love MELODY! You love harmonizing vocals! You love slick guitar riffs and keyboard landscapes!

Lol, thanks. From what I remember they did have nice melodies but I remember it sounding very 70s.

• Like 1

Lol, thanks.

From what I remember they did have nice melodies but I remember it sounding very 70s.

Haha! Sure! You bet! Melodic Music from the Seventies is what I LOVE!!!!! The three greatest decades of music are The Sixties, The Seventies, and the Eighties! For my eyes and ears the Seventies were the perfect decade for all genres of ROCK N ROLL!!!! PROG BABY! ABBA IS PROG!

• Like 1

I've still liked "ABBA", and on occasion, I listen to them.
  • Like 2

I've still liked "ABBA", and on occasion, I listen to them.

Wow Derek! You brought this one back up to the surface! I LOVE IT!

Pat hates this band. I think they are the Swedish Beatles. I love every song.

At least I know Myles is also on board.

ABBA RULES!!!

I saw the Mamma Mia! Play. Incredible.

I love the two movies too.

• Like 1

Great songwriting and singing. What's not to love?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CsJCa2TlXU

Great song!!!! ABBA RULES!

Better than the Beatles.

You just like to say that Earl to f**k with the status quo! You also like to say that John Lennon was a bum who wrote no songs at all, and it was all McCartney. Next you'll be saying Ringo wrote everything with Harrison and George Martin taking their orders from Barbara Bach aka Mrs.Starkey, with Yoko sucking cocks in the back.

• Like 1

I love ABBA. I've been in a huge pop/rnb binge lately.

ABBA

Madonna

Kylie Minogue

Mariah Carey

Toni Braxton

Pat Benatar

Yeah...loving it!

I don't really have a single favourite ABBA album. Closest is probably The Visitors or Super Trouper.

• Like 2