Is Rock Dead?

Union 5-3992

I know one thing.. this self-imposed Led Zeppelin Ban due to over-playing I've put on myself has gone on too long.. 15 years now probably! I gotta start listening to Zep again! They were a good band dammit! Lol

Well that's a nice detour from the majority of this chat!

• Like 1

I know one thing.. this self-imposed Led Zeppelin Ban due to over-playing I've put on myself has gone on too long.. 15 years now probably! I gotta start listening to Zep again! They were a good band dammit! Lol

Thanks bro

We should all get our Zep on more! :D

• Like 3

Thanks bro

Just check out what Robert Plant has been doing for the last 25 years...

• Like 2

Thanks bro

Yeah... it NEVER gets old.

Two great back to back songs.

http://youtu.be/VNIZ7VMNzD0

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

Thanks bro

Robert is still very innovative. His last album, Lulabye and the Ceaseless Roar, is amazing.

• Like 2

Thanks bro

Robert is still very innovative. His last album, Lulabye and the Ceaseless Roar, is amazing.

It took him about a decade to figure it out, but I'm really glad he did.

Actually, this is probably a good excuse to reach the Page and Plant discs (not that I need one.)

^Example: David Gilmour. He uses the "Less is more" approach

On Dogs...Gilmour says more is more ;)

• Like 2

Why did you stop listening to them for fifteen years?

This is an opportunity for you to make your 5000th post! :)

• Like 1

Hey you're right 5000! Didnt notice that :).

I stopped listening to Zeppelin because I overplayed it all through the years and got kinda burnt out on it. I've owned all the Zeppelin albums on vinyl, cassette, CD, and mp3.

5000th post! Yay me! :D

• Like 2

Hey you're right 5000! Didnt notice that :).

I stopped listening to Zeppelin because I overplayed it all through the years and got kinda burnt out on it. I've owned all the Zeppelin albums on vinyl, cassette, CD, and mp3.

5000th post! Yay me! :D

Me too. I had both boxed sets when they originally came out. But it wasn't long before I had gotten completely sick of them and only came back around with the recent reissue program.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I still think that preferring that new bands remain small and in the bar scene their whole careers is not only stupid, but is also damaging to the genre of rock as a whole.

I'm sorry, but I still think that preferring that new bands remain small and in the bar scene their whole careers is not only stupid, but is also damaging to the genre of rock as a whole.

What's stupid is that you didn't comprehend what some of us were saying. We weren't talking about bands that play bars but bands that consistently fill up places that fit a couple thousand people. Bands that do that regularly will be fine and do their part to help keep rock alive.

• Like 3

Oh do give over.

No one said they want bands to stay small.

But we won't say rock is dead when there are thousands of hard working rock bands all over the world keeping the faith alive.

You just want an excuse to get everyone to empathise that your shortsighted taste in music is dead and rock isn't growing as you like it.

I get sick of reading your whiny comments. You don't even support any modern rock bands so for starters you aren't helping matters at all.

Plenty here do and they just get on with the way of the world and enjoy what they can. And it is very easy to find satisfaction in modern rock and metal if you stop whinging and enjoy the ride.

• Like 4

Oh do give over.

But we won't say rock is dead when there are thousands of hard working rock bands all over the world keeping the faith alive.

You just want an excuse to get everyone to empathise that your shortsighted taste in music is dead and rock isn't growing as you like it.

I get sick of reading your whiny comments. You don't even support any modern rock bands so for starters you aren't helping matters at all.

Plenty here do and they just get on with the way of the world and enjoy what they can. And it is very easy to find satisfaction in modern rock and metal if you stop whinging and enjoy the ride.

Then there must be something wrong with me because it's very hard for me to get attached to modern rock music.

Oh do give over.

Then there must be something wrong with me because it's very hard for me to get attached to modern rock music.

Why would you think your own opinion has any bearing on the world at large?

You shout so much you forget to listen.

Just because you are passionate about your taste in music doesn't mean you should crap on all you dislike.

I think you often have dreadful taste in music but at least I can respect it brings you joy.

Just because modern rock doesn't move you doesn't change the fact that for millions, it does. Open your mind beyond your own insufferable reality and accept that rock as you insist it should be is mostly dead and that rock will simply live on without caring whether you like it or not.

• Like 3

Oh do give over.

Then there must be something wrong with me.

;)

• Like 1

Yes.

More posts like this.