Say nice things about your least favorite Rush album

Day of Light

It wasn't their fault that the COS cover looks the way it does. The printer screwed it up.

The cover looks great and makes about as much sense in bronze as does the entire plot of The Fountain Of Lamneth. Surreal greatness! I love this album!

• Like 1

I love the last two tracks.

But who doesn't love Losing It?

• Like 1

u wot m8

I think Roll The Bones has worse songs, but it also has far more good to great ones.

Signals really bores me. Grace Under Pressure improved upon it greatly.

u wot m8

I think Roll The Bones has worse songs, but it also has far more good to great ones.

Segue, in the case that you respect Caress of Steel because it led to 2112, you need to respect Signals because it led to Grace Under Pressure. Signals into Grace Under Pressure with no intermission is the best thing I've heard all week. The continuity is rich, and symbolic, and without Signals, Grace would not be as great as you say it is. They'd go from whimsical to deontological without the empathy in intermission.

Edited by Day of Light

u wot m8

Segue, in the case that you respect Caress of Steel because it led to 2112, you need to respect Signals because it led to Grace Under Pressure. Signals into Grace Under Pressure with no intermission is the best thing I've heard all week. The continuity is rich, and symbolic, and without Signals, Grace would not be as great as you say it is. They'd go from whimsical to deontological without the empathy in intermission.

I love Caress Of Steel more than 2112. And the root of Signals is Vital Signs. Which is better than any song off Signals. So I respect that song for eventually leading to further great music in that vein.

u wot m8

I love Caress Of Steel more than 2112. And the root of Signals is Vital Signs. Which is better than any song off Signals. So I respect that song for eventually leading to further great music in that vein.

I don't think Vital Signs sounds like anything off of Signals, but to each their own. Vital Signs is a great song but it's not in my top 10. I just love Signals too much for my own good. I think you're missing a lot of the meaning in it. Or perhaps I just attribute meaning where there might not be any.

• Like 2

Vapor Trails better than being taken behind with a rusty mace without lubricant.

Hahahaha! You beat me to it Tony! I can't even say anything nice about the album cover. I guess I like Neil's bass drum work on "One Little Victory." Otherwise it's a clone album to Metallica's "St. Anus" record. Both make great aluminum frisbees. Especially when you eject them from your car stereo cd player and fling them out of your window while going 80 miles and hour on the freeway.

"Vapor Pails" Of Poor Progressive Pig Poop!

• Like 1

u wot m8

This is not the unpopular opinions thread.

• Like 1

u wot m8

I don't think Vital Signs sounds like anything off of Signals, but to each their own. Vital Signs is a great song but it's not in my top 10. I just love Signals too much for my own good. I think you're missing a lot of the meaning in it. Or perhaps I just attribute meaning where there might not be any.

I get the meaning. I like a few songs live I just hate the albums production and I don't like the faux reggae sound and I hate that Alex guitar is often so present in the arrangements but low in the mix.

Geddy's keyboard work isn't interesting enough for me to enjoy on this particular album.

I hate Chemistry and Digital Man and the verses of The Analog Kid do little for me.

Subdivisions is a song I can enjoy but mostly in a live recording. New World Man is embarrassing but I can enjoy it in the right mood.

The Weapon is fine but not as great as this forum says.

Losing It is a masterpiece and Countdown is fantastic.

I know this album inside out and I don't particularly like it.

Terry Brown should have left before this record and they should have got someone who understood better what they wanted.

Vapor Trails better than being taken behind with a rusty mace without lubricant.

Hahahaha! You beat me to it Tony! I can't even say anything nice about the album cover. I guess I like Neil's bass drum work on "One Little Victory." Otherwise it's a clone album to Metallica's "St. Anus" record. Both make great aluminum frisbees. Especially when you eject them from your car stereo cd player and fling them out of your window while going 80 miles and hour on the freeway.

:LOL: The imagery!

I mentioned positives and whatever Digital Dad remember you can be a downer on my music too haha

:LOL: The imagery!

Hahaha! Nice to see my English degree is paying off in the creative writing department! LOL!

I mentioned positives and whatever Digital Dad remember you can be a downer on my music too haha

You love Bruce Springsteen. Talk about a total downer. I tried listening to "Born To Run" the other night. I had to press eject.

• Like 1

You love Bruce Springsteen. Talk about a total downer. I tried listening to "Born To Run" the other night. I had to press eject.

Better than me and Ghost. I had to press delete.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Better than me and Ghost. I had to press delete.

Hahaha! Of course you did young man! GHOST is coming back to the States before a Europe Tour. You should go see them Myles and then write a critical review. If you hate the show I will send you payment for your ticket expense and gas.