I did nothing but play music all day.

Steel Rat

I'm not a big-shot performer or anything, historically I've mostly just written music in Sibelius. I sort of gave up trying to record myself playing because I have no recording equipment to speak of. Also latency tended to bewilder me... Anyway!

I recently discovered Steven Wilson. I've tried for a long time to get into Porcupine Tree, but it never really took. Then I heard his solo stuff, and now I can't get enough of him. I really took a liking to "The Pin Drop." So much so, that I got totally back into taking music seriously again. I couldn't not try to play it on guitar. I couldn't not record it to hear how I sounded. Then I was like "It's kind of boring with just the guitar..." So I sang the vocals. I never sing. But anyway, here it is. I hope this is an omen of things to come. Better things, hopefully.

Oh, and bonus. I also recorded a Jaco Pastorius cover of Portrait of Tracy while I was in the playing mood. Enjoy.

Edited by Steel Rat

Thanks. The metronome was there because I get terrible latency with my computer, so the tracks get out of sync. It drives me crazy, and this was the only way I could figure out to easily get around it.