1. 1. The Anarchist vs Vital Signs

• The Anarchist
    • Vital Signs
    • I hate them both
    • To close to call

Vital Signs

Not even a close competition for me.

• Like 4

I know Segue dislikes The Anarchist, so I will try my best to argue!

They are very different songs indeed. I picked Vital Signs because I think it's a very important, lively song, full of movement (fully belonging on Moving Pictures), and it meant more in terms of how much it influenced their later stuff. I really enjoy The Anarchist, but it's a nice song that's relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

I repeat, though, I really enjoy The Anarchist. I don't think saying there's no merit to it is fair at all.

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 2

I get the Police vibes. But I really like The Police and Rush pulled it off great.

Vital Signs is a 10/10 for me. MP, AFTK and HYF are the only albums where I deem every song perfect, followed by GUP (only one song not perfect), and Vapor Trails (two).

I know Segue dislikes The Anarchist, so I will try my best to argue!

They are very different songs indeed. I picked Vital Signs because I think it's a very important, lively song, full of movement (fully belonging on Moving Pictures), and it meant more in terms of how much it influenced their later stuff. I really enjoy The Anarchist, but it's a nice song that's relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

I repeat, though, I really enjoy The Anarchist. I don't think saying there's no merit to it is fair at all.

I just don't like The Anarchist. It's not even that I think it's a bad song, it's just that like Carnies and Halo Effect, it is 100% unmemorable for me. And when I play it, those three songs just bleed into a boring mess. Take those three off and I would rank CA much higher!

The Anarchist. Vital Signs is very bland, Police-esque reggae, and Geddy's faux-Jamaican (I think?) accent is really distracting. The outro's great, however (And would sound AWESOME on GUP Live).

The Anarchist, on the other hand, is a great, hard rocking jam, with a great riff, and it is also a great live opener.

• Like 1

Tough choice but i think i have to go with the Anarchist. I really like the kind of dark mood it creates and i especially like the live versions although i have only seen the R40 one once. That being said Vital Signs is one of my favourites from the Time Machine DVD :)

I don't think I can decide. I love both songs.

It does strike me as an odd contest, these two. But they're both bloody brilliant.

Edited by Blue J