Official The Tea Party Thread

J2112YYZ

Hey J (and anyone else who's interested)--they're touring for the 20th anniversary of Transmission!! I'm thrilled! :yay:

Awesome! Transmission is my second favorite album from them after Interzone.

I looked up the dates and they're playing two nights here. They're offering a two day pass for $58, so I think I might go with that.

I saw the two dates and was immediately excited for you! I didn't know about the two-day passes, though--that sounds like a great deal! I think we're in for a treat :)

Got the two day pass.

We're not the kind of city where bands play more than one night at the same venue. So, this is gonna be really cool to see both shows. I wonder if they'll switch a couple songs up in the set knowing that some people will be there for both shows.

The town ballroom is my favorite smaller venue in Buffalo. It's general admission and fits 1,000. So the shows there are always a nice intimate experience. I saw them there two years ago after Ocean At The End came out and the show sold out. I suspect the same for these two as well.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Hey J (and anyone else who's interested)--they're touring for the 20th anniversary of Transmission!! I'm thrilled! :yay:

Awesome! Transmission is my second favorite album from them after Interzone.

I looked up the dates and they're playing two nights here. They're offering a two day pass for $58, so I think I might go with that.

I saw the two dates and was immediately excited for you! I didn't know about the two-day passes, though--that sounds like a great deal! I think we're in for a treat :)

Got the two day pass.

We're not the kind of city where bands play more than one night at the same venue. So, this is gonna be really cool to see both shows. I wonder if they'll switch a couple songs up in the set knowing that some people will be there for both shows.

The town ballroom is my favorite smaller venue in Buffalo. It's general admission and fits 1,000. So the shows there are always a nice intimate experience. I saw them there two years ago after Ocean At The End came out and the show sold out. I suspect the same for these two as well.

That sounds excellent! And yes, I also imagine that they'll play different sets for you lucky folks. I'll be very eager to hear your thoughts after your shows!!

:bump:

Will be seeing them tomorrow and Friday.

Enjoy and have fun. :cheers:

I listened to Triptych and Transmission today.

• Like 2

Listening to " the ocean at the end"---------------------------KILLER

Oh, so people do know this album exists. I saw them a couple times when they were touring for it and the songs got no reaction from the crowd. It was sad. I felt bad for the band. Here they are with this great comeback album and nobody seemed to know or care that it was out.

• Like 2

Listening to " the ocean at the end"---------------------------KILLER

Oh, so people do know this album exists. I saw them a couple times when they were touring for it and the songs got no reaction from the crowd. It was sad. I felt bad for the band. Here they are with this great comeback album and nobody seemed to know or care that it was out.

Great album I love it.

Funny, I listened to the Doors last night and thought about revisiting some Tea Party albums, than your post popped up here. :haz:

• Like 1

Tea Party...the music is so hard to find! Spotify UK has little to offer and as for YouTube...nothing...

I'm hesitant to blindly buy their albums.

Tea Party...the music is so hard to find! Spotify UK has little to offer and as for YouTube...nothing...

Yeah, they've never had great distribution outside of Canada. Kind of odd because I think they band could have been pretty well known world wide at some points during the 90s. Just a few cities in the US that are close to the Canadian border and Australia are the only other places they ever made a dent.

Do you like the songs that have been posted in this thread? If so, buying the albums will be worth it.

Yeah, they've never had great distribution outside of Canada. Kind of odd because I think they band could have been pretty well known world wide at some points during the 90s. Just a few cities in the US that are close to the Canadian border and Australia are the only other places they ever made a dent.

Do you like the songs that have been posted in this thread? If so, buying the albums will be worth it.

I enjoyed them yes! But I'm not sure if they will be a band I play a lot. I tend to give bands a test run on Spotify. If the music lasts in my affection, then I buy!

I enjoyed them yes! But I'm not sure if they will be a band I play a lot. I tend to give bands a test run on Spotify. If the music lasts in my affection, then I buy!

Saw them last night. This was the 20th anniversary tour for Transmission, so the bulk of what they played shouldn't be a mystery. They did throw in a little twist by playing the album in a different song order though. Not surprised by that since that is totally something they would do to keep things fresh live. Transmission was released the day after my birthday. Is that why I love it so much?

Jeff didn't sing a lot of the screaming/stronger vocal parts from the album though. He sang it mainly in his regular voice. I get it, since he probably can't do that each night and expect to keep his voice for the whole tour. The band was great as usual. Always fun to see Stu sit at the keyboard when he's not playing bass and mess around with all his gadgets.

I've seen them four times before this and they only songs they always do off Transmission are Temptation and Psychopomp. So the highlights of the show for me was definitely getting to hear the other songs off it. My favorites of the night were Emerald, Alarum, Release, Transmission and Aftermath. They took a 20 minute intermission after playing the album and the second half was a handful of old favorites plus one off their last album.

Great show overall. I wonder if they'll change anything up for the second one tonight?

Here's the set for anyone who's curious:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-tea-party/2017/town-ballroom-buffalo-ny-43f9a727.html

• Like 2

I'm not surprised that they split up Gyroscope and Alarum since Martin has mentioned how difficult they are for him to sing.

It's too bad that they don't seem to be playing anything from Interzone, but that's a nice little assortment of hits in the second set otherwise.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised that they split up Gyroscope and Alarum since Martin has mentioned how difficult they are for him to sing.

It's too bad that they don't seem to be playing anything from Interzone, but that's a nice little assortment of hits in the second set otherwise.

Lullaby is the only song I think they've been doing off Interzone in recent years. I'm glad I got to see them on the Interzone tour and see a good chunk of that album live. Seems the fanbase kind of changed with that album or right after. Maybe that's why they don't play too much off it anymore. The bulk of the fans love goes to the 90s stuff.

Saw them last night. This was the 20th anniversary tour for Transmission, so the bulk of what they played shouldn't be a mystery. They did throw in a little twist by playing the album in a different song order though. Not surprised by that since that is totally something they would do to keep things fresh live. Transmission was released the day after my birthday. Is that why I love it so much?

Jeff didn't sing a lot of the screaming/stronger vocal parts from the album though. He sang it mainly in his regular voice. I get it, since he probably can't do that each night and expect to keep his voice for the whole tour. The band was great as usual. Always fun to see Stu sit at the keyboard when he's not playing bass and mess around with all his gadgets.

I've seen them four times before this and they only songs they always do off Transmission are Temptation and Psychopomp. So the highlights of the show for me was definitely getting to hear the other songs off it. My favorites of the night were Emerald, Alarum, Release, Transmission and Aftermath. They took a 20 minute intermission after playing the album and the second half was a handful of old favorites plus one off their last album.

Great show overall. I wonder if they'll change anything up for the second one tonight?

http://www.setlist.f...y-43f9a727.html

Nice J, sounds like you were treated to a great show! (Presumably two great shows!) I was already pumped for my upcoming show, but looking at that setlist and the rest from the tour so far, I see that my excitement is well justified. I've been looking forward to hearing "Aftermath" in particular for ages now, so I'm glad to hear that it was a highlight for you :)

• Like 2

http://www.setlist.f...y-43f9a727.html

Nice J, sounds like you were treated to a great show! (Presumably two great shows!) I was already pumped for my upcoming show, but looking at that setlist and the rest from the tour so far, I see that my excitement is well justified. I've been looking forward to hearing "Aftermath" in particular for ages now, so I'm glad to hear that it was a highlight for you :)

Yes, it was two great shows. They switched up a couple songs for the second set.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-tea-party/2017/town-ballroom-buffalo-ny-5bf9a724.html

They did the two songs that made me a fan back in the mid 90s :7up:

You're in for a treat beanie :)

• Like 2

Listened multiple times to Alhambra and The Edges Of Twilight today. It felt like a rollercoaster ride and a time travel simultaneously. :wacko:
  • Like 1

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa90/ozzy85/teaparty_zps5zz5bwhx.jpg

The Wifey and I at last nights show... We did the meet and greet and were pretty much front and center for the whole show. Pretty fantastic! What is it about Canadian power trios? Wife took a good shot of Jeff Martin playing a twin-neck Epiphone. I'll find it and post it later. As powerful as the albums are, they are bombastic live. Powerhouse drumming by Jeff Burrows.

Edited by ozzy85
  • Like 3

The Wifey and I at last nights show... We did the meet and greet and were pretty much front and center for the whole show. Pretty fantastic! What is it about Canadian power trios? Wife took a good shot of Jeff Martin playing a twin-neck Epiphone. I'll find it and post it later. As powerful as the albums are, they are bombastic live. Powerhouse drumming by Jeff Burrows.

Cooool. :haz: Great that you enjoyed the show.

I hope that I'm able to see, at least one show of them, one day.

• Like 2

greyfriar, I sincerely hope that you will get to see them live, too! I've been fortunate to see them several times over the years and they've never disappointed. They're just phenomenal live--a new level from the albums as ozzy said!

ozzy, I see that I was just a bit too early in asking my question :LOL: I blame my excitement for you! I'm glad to hear that you had such a great experience!

• Like 2

greyfriar, I sincerely hope that you will get to see them live, too! I've been fortunate to see them several times over the years and they've never disappointed. They're just phenomenal live--a new level from the albums as ozzy said!

ozzy, I see that I was just a bit too early in asking my question :LOL: I blame my excitement for you! I'm glad to hear that you had such a great experience!

I had a few chances to see them in the late nineties and to this day, I fing don't understand why I didn't go.

When I was in Toronto (1997) to see Rush, I saw placards, showing they were in town, but the dates were outside my schedule. :(