Some outlet reads the RS article as Alex confirming Rush is done touring completely

zappafrank

The article in question, in reference to Alex's Rolling Stone article:

http://consequenceof...t-from-touring/

I think the Consequence of Sound people misread. Alex is saying they couldn't do more of the R40 tour, and nothing concrete about touring in general. This is the passage they point to:

So, all those things combined, I get it. I’m disappointed and I think Geddy [Lee] is very disappointed and we’d love to continue this tour a little bit longer, but we’re off now.

*THIS TOUR*

I'm not being the anti-Bard, but I'm correct in that the CoS (hah, not Caress of Steel!) people misread, right?

Edited by zappafrank
  • Like 1

And again, as usual, I'm the only one disappointed in Neil. Because when you really get down to the heart of the matter, Neil was the one who determined the fate of Rush.

Interestingly enough, I read some comments on FB saying that Alex is "airing dirty laundry and blaming Neil" And that isn't really want I got from that article at all.

Edited by fraroc

I think the most important thing to take from the RS article isn't that they are done touring, but that they're making new music, even if it's not in an official studio situation. Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 1

Oh this is old news I understand why Neil wants/needs to quit. You just can't keep up the endurance and stamina when you get older, it's not just a matter of working out. People lose muscle mass and strength. I think it's a good idea for him to stop all the touring while he's still on the top. Seriously no one wants to see him start to lose it playing live. It's bad enough all the complaints he's gotten even the past few years. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 9

Everyone, my point isn't the RS article itself, but that I've already seen a few other sites using the article as confirmation from Alex that Rush is officially done touring, when in fact he says nothing of the sort.

I'm correct in saying that these other sites are spreading false information by saying as such, right? That they misread the RS article?

I'm correct in saying that these other sites are spreading false information by saying as such, right? That they misread the RS article?

Just lazy reporting.

• Like 3

Everyone, my point isn't the RS article itself, but that I've already seen a few other sites using the article as confirmation from Alex that Rush is officially done touring, when in fact he says nothing of the sort.

The article's just typical trickle-down journalism. Take something from an already secondary source and dilute it even more. The only original way for that article to exist is by making a statement that wasn't made in the RS journal, and that is taking the "Alex said this" part and extrapolating.

Saying it's false information is a little dramatic though.

• Like 2

Well, I've already seen a couple of other sites (via FB links) report it as fact that Alex has confirmed they're done touring forever. It spreads like wildfire, and that's how rumors start.

• Like 1

Oh this is old news I understand why Neil wants/needs to quit. You just can't keep up the endurance and stamina when you get older, it's not just a matter of working out. People lose muscle mass and strength. I think it's a good idea for him to stop all the touring while he's still on the top. Seriously no one wants to see him start to lose it playing live. It's bad enough all the complaints he's gotten even the past few years.

This exactly! Rush has been a big part of my life for 40 years, and although I love seeing them live they've aged as have I in these 40 years and I accept that it cannot go on forever. They've been amazing to me just to keep up the level of musicianship and energy they've expended over the course of the CA and R40 tours.

Neil has more than earned his 'retirement' and I wish him nothing but happiness with his family and future endeavors. If Ged and Alex still have the passion to go out and perform, they will..it's that simple. I for one will be eager to see what direction they take musically and waiting to see them play live.

• Like 3

Well, I've already seen a couple of other sites (via FB links) report it as fact that Alex has confirmed they're done touring forever. It spreads like wildfire, and that's how rumors start.

If they can't physically tour now, do you really think they'll be willing to do it as they age more?

In the RS article, Alex said Neil's most definitely done, and that they don't intend on finding a replacement. He said no big tours, only one-off shows now and then, maybe.

So sure, maybe they're not done touring forever, but it's very likely they are. It's not even a rumor at this point, it's just an educated assumption.

There are a lot of other great musicians out there that Alex and Geddy could play with. No reason they shouldn't. Personally I'd love to hear them play with some other musicians.
  • Like 3

There are a lot of other great musicians out there that Alex and Geddy could play with. No reason they shouldn't. Personally I'd love to hear them play with some other musicians.

Time for that Lifeson/ Lee Tour! With Special Guest Drummer Mike Portnoy!

Pretty sure they are not going to 'tour' - as in multiple dates, same show, drive/ride, repeat. That much is not new, really, but this is just another confirmation of that. I don't read that a live performance from all three will never happen again, no I don't read that. But I think the chances are slim. New music would be great. As has been the case for many, many years - we will wait for a crumb of news, and get excited at the prospects. If I were to bet, I think that a Geddy/Alex production is more likely than a Rush production. I am being a bit facetious here, but I can almost see Neil shying away from producing an album because that to Geddy is like taking the dog leash off the hook. "We're gonna go outside now, right?!" :drool: :D

Okay now these articles are just blatantly clickbaiting. I recently saw one that said "OMG VERY SAD NEWS CONCERNING NEIL PEART OF RUSH" of course, leading people to wonder if he's suffering from some incurable deadly disease. Nope, it was the same RS article. Edited by fraroc