Some outlet reads the RS article as Alex confirming Rush is done touring completely

zappafrank

Shut up everyone Tony R has posted in the thread. Time for us all to take stock and reflect for a moment. http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/thinking/smileys-thinking-705257.gif

Cook my sock.

• Like 2

Shut up everyone Tony R has posted in the thread. Time for us all to take stock and reflect for a moment. http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/thinking/smileys-thinking-705257.gif

Cook my sock.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tZ1rWTaqWnM/UiQGJBzKeQI/AAAAAAAAAGg/msgWzdPM0Ko/s1600/Sockburning.jpg

• Like 4

And again, as usual, I'm the only one disappointed in Neil. Because when you really get down to the heart of the matter, Neil was the one who determined the fate of Rush.

That's because you clearly don't understand the toll of aging, after a 40 year career of a highly physical sort.

But you will someday.

What Alex said is nothing new.

If you saw the Forum show last year, you saw the last Rush show.

THIS.

And those who saw R40 in Tampa were at the southermost Rush R40 show, at Calgary the northernmost show, at MSG the worlds most famous arena R40 show, at Bristow the largest R40 show and those at Philly, the best R40 show.

See y'all at the Leefson tour next year!

• Like 1

As long as they are all Alive there's the possibility of a RUSH tour. However small it may be! Even if its a stretch of 8 Days in LA! Wow sounds like the name of a Tour!

RUSH

8 Days in LA !

I did, and realized what a goof he is.
  • Like 1

Oh this is old news I understand why Neil wants/needs to quit. You just can't keep up the endurance and stamina when you get older, it's not just a matter of working out. People lose muscle mass and strength. I think it's a good idea for him to stop all the touring while he's still on the top. Seriously no one wants to see him start to lose it playing live. It's bad enough all the complaints he's gotten even the past few years.

Last summer I saw (what's left of) Yes, and Alan White is playing pretty pathetic these days! Not the guy that played in the 80's and 90's, and even some of the early 2000's! I don't disagree with Neil's attitude. quit while you're on top, and still able to function properly....

As I said to a friend a few weeks ago at a party... It has to end sometime, the fact that they did a great tour was a plus..they COULD have just said "that's it, thanks...here's a live compilation, enjoy" and not toured... I was disappointed there wasn't the "usual" second leg, but....

Neil must have been hurting pretty badly by the end of the R40 tour. Personally I would have hated to have seen him struggle and not be able to give his 100%.

Definitely! Sad to watch it go away, but better than seeing struggle... Hell my dad's old big band guys were struggling 30 years after they were big...these guys did 41! Take it for what it's worth!!! It could have ended for good in 1996!

You're right. We were lucky to get anything after his tragedy. I think the people who really "don't get it" are generally people who are young and just don't know what it's like to get old. Neils job is like running a marathon every night. At some point a person can't put themselves through that, and doesn't want to... especially if they have health issues on top of it.

This makes a lot of sense and is probably generally true. But Geddy is older than Neil and apparently he doesn't "get it" either, as he desperately wants Neil to keep touring even more so than the fans do.

Oh this is old news I understand why Neil wants/needs to quit. You just can't keep up the endurance and stamina when you get older, it's not just a matter of working out. People lose muscle mass and strength. I think it's a good idea for him to stop all the touring while he's still on the top. Seriously no one wants to see him start to lose it playing live. It's bad enough all the complaints he's gotten even the past few years.

Last summer I saw (what's left of) Yes, and Alan White is playing pretty pathetic these days! Not the guy that played in the 80's and 90's, and even some of the early 2000's! I don't disagree with Neil's attitude. quit while you're on top, and still able to function properly....

As I said to a friend a few weeks ago at a party... It has to end sometime, the fact that they did a great tour was a plus..they COULD have just said "that's it, thanks...here's a live compilation, enjoy" and not toured... I was disappointed there wasn't the "usual" second leg, but....

Neil must have been hurting pretty badly by the end of the R40 tour. Personally I would have hated to have seen him struggle and not be able to give his 100%.

Definitely! Sad to watch it go away, but better than seeing struggle... Hell my dad's old big band guys were struggling 30 years after they were big...these guys did 41! Take it for what it's worth!!! It could have ended for good in 1996!

You're right. We were lucky to get anything after his tragedy. I think the people who really "don't get it" are generally people who are young and just don't know what it's like to get old. Neils job is like running a marathon every night. At some point a person can't put themselves through that, and doesn't want to... especially if they have health issues on top of it.

This makes a lot of sense and is probably generally true. But Geddy is older than Neil and apparently he doesn't "get it" either, as he desperately wants Neil to keep touring even more so than the fans do.

Geddy is not older than Neil. Neil is the oldest.

• Like 1

When the integrity of your post relies so emphatically on knowing the ages of the members of Rush one would have thought you'd have done some research before pressing "post".

• Like 1

neil is less than a year older than geddy, the point is still the same.

Which is what exactly? Musicians can vary in their determination to keep going. It's easier for Geddy (and/or Alex) to keep going than it is for Neil since playing drums is more of an "all over body" workout than playing a guitar/bass.

Which is what exactly? Musicians can vary in their determination to keep going. It's easier for Geddy (and/or Alex) to keep going than it is for Neil since playing drums is more of an "all over body" workout than playing a guitar/bass.

exactly. that age in and of itself doesn't dictate whether someone wants to quit!

i love it when people pay attention to what they're replying to!

or was it my fault for not using the quote chain doohhh

exactly. that age in and of itself doesn't dictate whether someone wants to quit!

i love it when people pay attention to what they're replying to!

or was it my fault for not using the quote chain doohhh

It's just harder to tell who or what exactly you're replying to when you don't quote the exact thing. :)