New Ghostbusters Trailer

Tombstone Mountain

I'm skipping this unnecessary remake. I hate the casting. If Melissa McCarthy wasn't Jenny McCarthy's cousin, then no one would care about her. I still can't believe those 2 are related.

I wouldn't spend any money to see this movie. But I am still curious enough to watch it at some point just to see if it lives up to being as bad as people think it will be.

Some critics are saying it is a good film that is not at all the disaster it's portrayed to be.

• Like 1

I'm skipping this unnecessary remake. I hate the casting. If Melissa McCarthy wasn't Jenny McCarthy's cousin, then no one would care about her. I still can't believe those 2 are related.

I wasn't aware they were related. But Jenny's fame was very fleeting. I doubt her name ever carried enough weight to help jump start Melissa's career in any way. Maybe it helped Melissa to make some contacts and open some doors but by the time she started to make it big Jenny's name didn't mean shit to anybody.

I wouldn't spend any money to see this movie. But I am still curious enough to watch it at some point just to see if it lives up to being as bad as people think it will be.

Some critics are saying it is a good film that is not at all the disaster it's portrayed to be.

I don't doubt that this couldn't be a good movie. But as I said before, the biggest mistake with this reboot is acting like the first two films never existed.

• Like 1

Reviews are actually 50/50 from what I've read. Surprising.

But most good reviews are from Blogs and Geeks, so take it for the source.

I wasn't aware they were related. But Jenny's fame was very fleeting. I doubt her name ever carried enough weight to help jump start Melissa's career in any way. Maybe it helped Melissa to make some contacts and open some doors but by the time she started to make it big Jenny's name didn't mean shit to anybody.

I don't doubt that this couldn't be a good movie. But as I said before, the biggest mistake with this reboot is acting like the first two films never existed.

The reviews I have read said this film has a few little bits here and there that directly show elements of the original films.

I don't plan on seeing this one, much like how I still haven't seen the new Robocop, Nightmare on Elm Street, or Total Recall

Or Footloose or Point Break

Keep an eye on them Sony executives Ghostbusters looks to be in the $41 to $46 million range opening weekend

AND China won't release the film AT ALL.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-denied-release-china-910563

I don't plan on seeing this one, much like how I still haven't seen the new Robocop, Nightmare on Elm Street, or Total Recall

The new Robocop was garbage. Seems like it'd be pretty hard to screw up a simple story like that but they did.

I saw part of the new Nightmare but couldn't finish.

I saw less than half an hour of the new Total Recall but couldn't finish.

• Like 1

The new Robocop was garbage. Seems like it'd be pretty hard to screw up a simple story like that but they did.

I don't remember being able to finish the new Nightmare On Elm Street either. Just f***in horrible. There's certain characters that only one person should play and Robert Englund is the only man who should ever play Freddy Krueger. They tried to make it more serious and darker but everything they tried in the movie just failed.

I never saw the Total Recall remake but the only reason I would ever be curious to see it is because of Bryan Cranston.

I don't remember being able to finish the new Nightmare On Elm Street either. Just f***in horrible. There's certain characters that only one person should play and Robert Englund is the only man who should ever play Freddy Krueger. They tried to make it more serious and darker but everything they tried in the movie just failed.

I never saw the Total Recall remake but the only reason I would ever be curious to see it is because of Bryan Cranston.

My excuse for starting to watch the Total Recall remake is that I was on a 13 hour flight and Biel & Beckinsale's tight bums.

• Like 1

My excuse for starting to watch the Total Recall remake is that I was on a 13 hour flight and Biel & Beckinsale's tight bums.

Why did they mess with the Mars plot in that movie? From a scientific standpoint, traveling through a tunnel in the center of the earth is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Going to Mars or even one of the Galilean moons of Jupiter is much more believable.

As far as the Ghostbusters movie goes; the first of it wasn't bad but about halfway through it, it completely ran out of gas. The jokes weren't funny at all. It's not that the plot of the first one was that wonderful, but at least it was funny. They left it open for a sequel which I probably won't be seeing.

Edited by workingcinderellaman
  • Like 1

So, out of curiosity I made the mistake of actually watching this movie.

It is terrible. No interesting story, none of the main characters are the least bit likeable. No character development at all which is something the original filmed excelled at. The jokes weren't funny either. There's a few chuckles but most of the jokes are like random, smartass oneliners you will say throughout the day that get no reaction from anyone. The first 20-30 minutes gets you thinking that this could be something decent, but then it just dies after that. Awful script that could have been written by just about anyone. At least with the original you could tell they put some thought into things and they cared a little bit. Not here though.

I feel really bad for Kristen Wiig, she is far too talented to have been dragged down into this garbage. They never used her to her full comedic potential in this movie at all. They didn't even come remotely close to it. Her and Melissa McCarthy should survive this disaster just fine though. The other two though, this film might put them in the Chris Kattan, Rob Schenider class of SNL alum movie success.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

it was ok......but TO. SAFE.

Nothing interesting.

but i wasn't expecting much.

no jokes landed.

it was basically the original with ladies and minor updates.

did i metion unfunny.......cause it was.....so unfunny.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Nothing interesting.

no jokes landed.

Mick

The black actress makes my skin crawl.

Please don't read this as racist. I didn't mean it that way. I don't know her name and hope I never have too. I've seen her in interviews and she is the most annoying woman to pop up in the media in quite some time!

I never want to see anything she is in.

• Like 3

Nothing interesting.

no jokes landed.

Mick

The black actress makes my skin crawl.

Please don't read this as racist. I didn't mean it that way. I don't know her name and hope I never have too. I've seen her in interviews and she is the most annoying woman to pop up in the media in quite some time!

I never want to see anything she is in.

they were all awful.

It was the same with the Turtles re-boot/remake. i knew that would suck as well. but i hate myself appartly, lol

Not that the original turtles were high art but you get me, lol

Mick

• Like 1

It would have to stink for Kristen Wiig to be unfunny.

She is very Unfunny in this

'Ghostbusters' Heading for $70M-Plus Loss, Sequel Unlikely

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-heading-70m-loss-sequel-918515

'Ghostbusters' Heading for $70M-Plus Loss, Sequel Unlikely

http://www.hollywood...s-sequel-918515

It might take off in blu-ray sales and VOD and streaming viewership. Nothing is determined.

Those people will hate it too