Ivan Nova - LRP

Bryan Mitchell - LRP

James Pazos - MRP

Chasen Shreve - MRP

Jacob Lindgren - MRP

Dellin Betances - SU

Andrew Miller- SU

Aroldis Chapman - CP

Here are my thoughts. The Yankees are a 90+ win team if, and only if, the pitching rotation stays healthy. They are largely the same team as last year's with an upgraded back end of the bullpen and a reliable second baseman. The offense was very strong last year when it came to power, but the team does need to stop relying on the HR a little bit. Jacoby Ellsbury and Brett Gardner NEED to produce at the top of the lineup. And above all else, the team needs a solid year from the rotation. The Yankees did not have a single starting pitcher throw 200 innings last year—that's a problem. We need more innings from our starters. The bullpen is supposed to be a security blanket, not a crutch. But I am excited for the trio of Betances/Miller/Chapman at the end of the game. If the Bombers are up after 6 innings, it's pretty much game over. But the starters have to get through 6 first.

There's also the issue of the likely A-Rod/Tex/Beltran injury/precipitous drop-off. Add to that Gardner's inability to stay healthy and Ellsbury underperforming, and this could be a 70 win team or a 95 win team. I think the over-under of 85 is right on target.
  • Like 1

I think it's just short of 90...more like 88. Now the question is will that be enough to get into the playoffs or win the division. Make the playoffs yes winning the east no....it should be an interesting with the World Champions in the American League. I'll be seeing several Red Sox Spring Training games next week and I'll get a better idea where they may end up.
  • Like 1

Opening Day has been postponed until tomorrow, for those who haven't heard.

GAME 1: Astros (0-0) vs. Yankees (0-0) — 4/5 @ 1:05 EST

HOU: Dallas Keuchel (0-0, -.--)

NYY: Masahiro Tanaka (0-0, -.--)